Raised the price of Excavation Sites?

Jakeyyboy

Let me remind all the people who are against raising the price of the sites. This is a free game. You are choosing to put time and effort into this game and grinding hours into it. Instead of being ungrateful for now having to pay an extra 4k or 9k to use the sites be grateful you were one of the people who only paid 1k at the start when it was broken. I haven't even bought my permit but after reading this thread and the replies I'm gonna start using them. Staff have obviously thought things out with this, and although it might not be perfect yet they are still trying to give us a fair experience playing here. This is a free game stop complaining because even if this doesn't change and you don't do excavation sites anymore there are still so much to do in this game.

Brad.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

190370 Let me remind all the people who are against raising the price of the sites. This is a free game. You are choosing to put time and effort into this game and grinding hours into it. Instead of being ungrateful for now having to pay an extra 4k or 9k to use the sites be grateful you were one of the people who only paid 1k at the start when it was broken. I haven't even bought my permit but after reading this thread and the replies I'm gonna start using them. Staff have obviously thought things out with this, and although it might not be perfect yet they are still trying to give us a fair experience playing here. This is a free game stop complaining because even if this doesn't change and you don't do excavation sites anymore there are still so much to do in this game.

You and everyone who clearly don't have an opinion and kiss butt to every change; people can havbe opinions. Clearly as you are having one right now. If we want to be mad, we're going to be mad. If you don't care and think we should just appreciate the staff and lick their cheeks, then you can do so. No one has to follow you. Free game has nothing to do with IN GAME CURRENCY for one.

To everyone else, you guys still don't get any of the points I'm making and mostly just saying "haha crying" so I'm not going to talk to brick walls anymore and ignore you simpletons. Like you guys are actually 10 years old. If there is no valid argument other than "haha crying and worth may b in running of the long xDDDDDD" then you have no argument. The whole point of this post was to help newer players aid their way so they can someday be rich too, however you all are over stepping the point and making it a ridiculous claim of nothingness. All of you seem like you've never played online games before and this is the only one. You do realize because there is a change, doesn't mean we have to abide by it ????????? Look at games like WoW, Dragon Nest, Wildstar, ESO, etc. 2 free games and 2 paid for games. The main reason in both is that they're grinders and you have to do things in order progress onwards with gear, quests, etc. We have sinkholes in MANY different forms in this game, and we don't really need another, especially at the cost of half the player base. The people who ARE using it, already have mills stacked up just in case. The cause of the inflation is literally THE SITES. It's "money sinks" for having to go in causing less, but it's causing the inflation. Literally, you all have these weird abrupt claims of "ahha worth in long run stop cry xddd" but fail to see that you have literally no idea what you're talking about either. Again, this is about POKEMON and not ITEMS. I wish I could talk to someone sophisticated about this and didn't have to talk to the 3 Stooges over and over again.

190370 Let me remind all the people who are against raising the price of the sites. This is a free game. You are choosing to put time and effort into this game and grinding hours into it. Instead of being ungrateful for now having to pay an extra 4k or 9k to use the sites be grateful you were one of the people who only paid 1k at the start when it was broken. I haven't even bought my permit but after reading this thread and the replies I'm gonna start using them. Staff have obviously thought things out with this, and although it might not be perfect yet they are still trying to give us a fair experience playing here. This is a free game stop complaining because even if this doesn't change and you don't do excavation sites anymore there are still so much to do in this game.

So because it is free nobody is allowed to criticize or complain about mechanics in the game? What if they decided to delete everyone's account or wipe money at that point am I still supposed to be grateful that the hours I put in were wiped away because it is a free game(which has micro transactions, free or not they are gaining revenue from)? They do provide a service that is creating and maintaining the game but their is certainly an interest to make money, as they have a cash shop that is expanding. As such they have an interest with people being critical of there game and giving them feedback on how they feel about changes. Telling people they should feel grateful is pretty ridiculous and seems like some white knighting, regardless of what your true intentions are that is how it comes off. The game developers benefit from people having controversial opinions and giving them push back on changes, all of these things are good and are a sign of a healthy community. You will never make everybody happy, but having people who will give honest feedback to try and improve the game are vital. Shutting those people down and telling them to be "grateful" instead is a disservice to the game and the community overall.

Also to your second point that "Staff have obviously thought things out with this" I disagree, first of all they have been working on hoenn for quite some time now and i assume this mechanic has been worked on quite a bit. With that in mind they changed the pricing within a matter of days of release without having seen how the lower price would actually effect the game. They also bumped the price by huge margins. This shows a lack of insight when making the system originally and having no understanding of how it would effect the game, so with months to create a manageable price they failed to do so (I agree that 1k is to low) and now within days of release they update it again with a price that is even worse.

I think 1k was obviously to low but 40k a day is a bit 2 much one week of excavating costs almost 300k, one month is 1.1m, with the current conversion of (300k per ms) $ to in-game money that is $20 a month to excavate. I understand that this is a money drain but it is still to much. The 5k sites should be moved to 3k and the 10k sites to 5-6k, assuming you keep the rarity of items/Pokemon the same. While I am sure the Mods are looking at this issue I usually do not post on the forums but this was a part of the game I thought was pretty creative, and I think they changed it for the worse.

So because it is free nobody is allowed to criticize or complain about mechanics in the game? What if they decided to delete everyone's account or wipe money at that point am I still supposed to be grateful that the hours I put in were wiped away because it is a free game(which has micro transactions, free or not they are gaining revenue from)? They do provide a service that is creating and maintaining the game but their is certainly an interest to make money, as they have a cash shop that is expanding. As such they have an interest with people being critical of there game and giving them feedback on how they feel about changes. Telling people they should feel grateful is pretty ridiculous and seems like some white knighting, regardless of what your true intentions are that is how it comes off. The game developers benefit from people having controversial opinions and giving them push back on changes, all of these things are good and are a sign of a healthy community. You will never make everybody happy, but having people who will give honest feedback to try and improve the game are vital. Shutting those people down and telling them to be "grateful" instead is a disservice to the game and the community overall.

Also to your second point that "Staff have obviously thought things out with this" I disagree, first of all they have been working on hoenn for quite some time now and i assume this mechanic has been worked on quite a bit. With that in mind they changed the pricing within a matter of days of release without having seen how the lower price would actually effect the game. They also bumped the price by huge margins. This shows a lack of insight when making the system originally and having no understanding of how it would effect the game, so with months to create a manageable price they failed to do so (I agree that 1k is to low) and now within days of release they update it again with a price that is even worse.

I think 1k was obviously to low but 40k a day is a bit 2 much one week of excavating costs almost 300k, one month is 1.1m, with the current conversion of (300k per ms) $ to in-game money that is $20 a month to excavate. I understand that this is a money drain but it is still to much. The 5k sites should be moved to 3k and the 10k sites to 5-6k, assuming you keep the rarity of items/Pokemon the same. While I am sure the Mods are looking at this issue I usually do not post on the forums but this was a part of the game I thought was pretty creative, and I think they changed it for the worse.

+1. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a sinkhole at all in this post, I'm literally saying they shouldn't have made the change so drastic and radical and you are literally one of the only people who has gotten that. Thank you.

190220 Did i miss smth?

Did i wrote: jakkeyboy said?

I actually know, its stupid to try, cause im talking against a wall now.^^ But i`ll try to elucidate it a bit. Now just for u jakkeyboy:

I dont have any statistics, it was a guess, it can be 90% of the players atm, and i would still say sry, no money back. But this number changes with more players who could purchase the permit in the future.

And pls dont be so narrow-minded.

You're literally pulling aggressive words out of your butt and putting them onto the topic to act as a counter-argument, which shows no place in any way, shape, or form here.

:Heart: Yeah sure, im the one who started using aggressive words in this thread. xd Come on. xd Actually u are the one doing it. xd

However, content is meant to be USED by the community, not by the 1-5% who actually uses it.

The good old statistics argument. :P U blaming me for which statistics im using, which do u use mr. 1-5% ? :)

Im quoting shane here:

Hoenn

- Hoenn has been in heavy development, and is being tested and finalized

So yes, u actually had to expect a change in prices. Or u had to wait before u go to hoenn. And im sry, beta is the totally right argument. Especially for the new region.

There are people who want to play the content provided to them when going to a new region not for it to [Censored] their money just to be outrageously changed the next day.

189598 Latest post of the previous page:

Only two excavation sites have 10k price while the other four have 5k and this was increased so the rare remain rare and it is not mandatory to enter the excavation site as this was made only for late game content.

So as u can see its made for the players who can afford it, like u a long-time player of this game, its not part of the original hoenn and not made for everyone who just plays for 2 months and who mostly dont have enough money. And dont get me wrong i would be angry too if i payed 100k and the next day they change the entry prices by a lot. But they had to do it at one point if they want to change it and then other ppl would be affected by it.

Well i keep posting here if i feel i want to, even if u tell me with your young, harsh words to keep myself out of the thread just because i think its a good idea.^^

So again: I like the change, pls keep it.:)

Fighting fire with fire, right? ;). I made the claim of statistics because at least I can prove that the decrease in people in the sites is literally 80%. The point of end game is NOT to grind money for some dailies. End game is literally PvP; it shouldn't be in-game content that can be accessed the minute you complete Hoenn. That is not end game. Look at other games; what is their end game? To grind out dailies? No. They do raids, dungeons, etc. for gear. Dailies are meant for everyone to enjoy and you completely missed the point of it. You're right, not everything is finalized. I'm not arguing that.. again, missing the point C O M P L E T E L Y. If you read anything, you'd know at least maybe 5% of what I've talked about. I'll let you scroll through some old comments before you decide to use your hands again.

+1. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a sinkhole at all in this post, I'm literally saying they shouldn't have made the change so drastic and radical and you are literally one of the only people who has gotten that. Thank you.

The main problem I see in this thread is people are assuming anybody who thinks that 5-10k is to much also wants the price at 1k. They are then attacking these people because they think by agreeing with the mods they are doing right by the game itself. The mods can be wrong, this change could be bad, it is ridiculous to assume the majority of people can afford 40k a day with an initial cost of 100k, to use something that is supposed to be daily content. A more manageable price exists and it isn't 1k or 10k.

The main problem I see in this thread is people are assuming anybody who thinks that 5-10k is to much also wants the price at 1k. They are then attacking these people because they think by agreeing with the mods they are doing right by the game itself. The mods can be wrong, this change could be bad, it is ridiculous to assume the majority of people can afford 40k a day with an initial cost of 100k, to use something that is supposed to be daily content. A more manageable price exists and it isn't 1k or 10k.

E x a c t l y. I have never once said in this thread I wanted it back to the way it used to be. I said I wanted a price decrease. That could've been whatever. I even said on like the 2nd or 3rd page, that it should've been 2.5k-3k for the normal sites and 5k for the others. I just don't get how people can sheepishly lean onto the mods with comfort with no explanation what so ever other than "stop cry ok??? it worth in longrun bcos i friends with mod keep change :DD" it literally makes no sense at all. If they actually took the time to read the post, that is not what I'm vouching for in the slightest. The change was so drastic and out of the way that all it did was make newer/moderately older players discouraged to ever touch them again and with the veterans, "haha more 4 me". Such a toxic mentality.

Fighting fire with fire, right? ;). I made the claim of statistics because at least I can prove that the decrease in people in the sites is literally 80%. The point of end game is NOT to grind money for some dailies. End game is literally PvP; it shouldn't be in-game content that can be accessed the minute you complete Hoenn. That is not end game. Look at other games; what is their end game? To grind out dailies? No. They do raids, dungeons, etc. for gear. Dailies are meant for everyone to enjoy and you completely missed the point of it. You're right, not everything is finalized. I'm not arguing that.. again, missing the point C O M P L E T E L Y. If you read anything, you'd know at least maybe 5% of what I've talked about. I'll let you scroll through some old comments before you decide to use your hands again.

No worries, i read the whole thread.;)

Some ppl here just write one sentence, and just cry, thats what they do, just one sentence, not even putting an argument in their post. Thats my last word about that "cry"-thingy. A bit to off topic.

I agree, it might have been better to put an announcement out. "Hey, we gonna increase the price in a week to blabla etc etc."

But u still dont get my main-argument. No one of u already know if it will be worth or not, cause u dont know what u gain with 5k or even more experience points. So u discussing a price without knowing where u investing your money in.

Whats the most points someone might already have, maybe 1,5k exp points? Thats not even close to 5k and ppl start smashing Big nuggets, reaper cloth etc etc. And rare-Candies and EV-vitamins, which helps training faster to be pvp-ready (the by u called end game).

And some guys here, what ive read, doubt the mind of the Scripters/gms. But i have trust in their decisions. Thats why i say, keep the price atm where it is, cause i feel it is the right price. Not saying i wont change my mind in near future if its more researched.

So give some "rich ppl" some time to research the excavations sites and u will know if it will be worth for u to invest your money in.

No worries, i read the whole thread.;)

Some ppl here just write one sentence, and just cry, thats what they do, just one sentence, not even putting an argument in their post. Thats my last word about that "cry"-thingy. A bit to off topic.

I agree, it might have been better to put an announcement out. "Hey, we gonna increase the price in a week to blabla etc etc."

But u still dont get my main-argument. No one of u already know if it will be worth or not, cause u dont know what u gain with 5k or even more experience points. So u discussing a price without knowing where u investing your money in.

Whats the most points someone might already have, maybe 1,5k exp points? Thats not even close to 5k and ppl start smashing Big nuggets, reaper cloth etc etc. And rare-Candies and EV-vitamins, which helps training faster to be pvp-ready (the by u called end game).

And some guys here, what ive read, doubt the mind of the Scripters/gms. But i have trust in their decisions. Thats why i say, keep the price atm where it is, cause i feel it is the right price. Not saying i wont change my mind in near future if its more researched.

So give some "rich ppl" some time to research the excavations sites and u will know if it will be worth for u to invest your money in.

While I am inclined to agree with you on some points here, I think you are missing a key component that regardless of the value in the end, the investment required is ridiculous. To get 5k points with the current system, at 40k a day, assuming I get around 200 points a day, it would cost me 1.1m (including the price of the permit) and roughly a month to reach the 5k benchmark, which is when if at any point it will be worth it. This is a gigantic investment regardless of the end results, and seems to me like something that even if it is worth it with such a huge time and money investment gates off casual players, and makes the divide between more experienced hardcore players and new ones even larger.

You are right to say that the change in price is not tested and that the only way to truly find out is by some people going into the fire. Part of my doubt from the developers stems from how I believe they mishandled this change, and didn't think through the initial excavating system. With that said I think it is perfectly rational to have some skepticism on if the mods have made a good change, and have thought this out especially with the small amount of time between people actually using the system and them making the change.

Edit: I would also like to add that I would prefer to have a lesser overall investment with lesser rewards, I don't think there is a need to have what I believe should be casual daily content only reward the hardcore rich players.

most people in this topic be like

blah.. blah.. blah.. blah.. waaa! waa! waa!

We have sinkholes in MANY different forms in this game, and we don't really need another, especially at the cost of half the player base.

and what are those?

The people who ARE using it, already have mills stacked up just in case. The cause of the inflation is literally THE SITES. It's "money sinks" for having to go in causing less, but it's causing the inflation.

how can something that only been up for about a week causing inflation? its a very bold claim you made without any clear prove or reason.

Literally, you all have these weird abrupt claims of "ahha worth in long run stop cry xddd" but fail to see that you have literally no idea what you're talking about either. Again, this is about POKEMON and not ITEMS. I wish I could talk to someone sophisticated about this and didn't have to talk to the 3 Stooges over and over again.

you made a bold claim without any prove or reason, and said "Literally, you all have these weird abrupt claims" really??

You know why futz and other are defending this ?because its an advantage for them to get the prices high.

and for simotofu i want ask you again in case you dont read my previous reply.

how does "its an advantage for futz and other"?