Some pros and cons of PRO

Skedra

The game is very good, the admins are not. They give excuses such as "it's beta", "give it time" etc. when they should have fixed the server issues long time now, also I find it ironic that the game has so many problems and gm's/admin's focus on "don't spam your trades too often"

190992 Some of the soundtracks in game are awful and make it feel like we're in circus or something,

I think the bigger problem is that some (or even most) places have soundtrack that keeps changing. In the official games, the soundtrack matches the area, but here in PRO, when you exit and (re)enter an area, the soundtrack sometimes change to a theme that doesn't match the area at all, ruining the "mood". Like, I'm walking in an endgame dungeon, why should the BGM be the cheery Unova Route 1 BGM?

I don't mind the BGM change actually, it helps in making it not boring, but the change should still match the tone of the area.

190992 - Some pokemon like Zapdos are unobtainable. This is a crime, everyone loves Zapdos!

I think staffs mentioned some time ago that all base 600 legends will be obtainable eventually. In fact, I think there was a tease showing the small "tower" that holds the orbs for the bird trio, like the one in Lugia movie.

- No option to join Team Rocket... we've been waiting for this forever! A fan made video game is the opportunity to make these things happen.

.....you agree that a cow laying egg shouldn't exist because it's not a good "education" for the kids, yet you think something even worse to kids, like being the bad guys, should? I'm confused.

".....you agree that a cow laying egg shouldn't exist because it's not a good "education" for the kids, yet you think something even worse to kids, like being the bad guys, should? I'm confused"

Um what lol? Are you one of those people that believe video games cause violence or something? Because that's some absurd logic there. I think most kids can realise that TR is an evil organisation, and that joining it would just be for fun or to role-play as whatever character they want for themselves in the game. When I choose to play as a Khajiit in Skyrim, it's not because I want to be a large humanoid cat IRL. When kids dress-up on Halloween as monsters, they don't suddenly want to grow up to be a werewolf or a vampire. Kids have some level of intelligence you know. At least the ones that will find some fanmade Pokemon game on the internet, create an account, download, and finally play it. You can defend this game all you want, but please don't be a fanboy and not even use logic in these defences/"counter arguments". :P

191770 The game is very good, the admins are not. They give excuses such as "it's beta", "give it time" etc. when they should have fixed the server issues long time now, also I find it ironic that the game has so many problems and gm's/admin's focus on "don't spam your trades too often"

Admins/GM's do not work on server stability, DEV does and we only have one DEV who works on client and server plus we only made the game for 400 people hencewhy it still is taking time to make the server stable for 1800+ people.

GM's are here to moderate, so I don't see if they are focusing on moderating a chat as they are supposed to moderate the chat.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

".....you agree that a cow laying egg shouldn't exist because it's not a good "education" for the kids, yet you think something even worse to kids, like being the bad guys, should? I'm confused"

Um what lol? Are you one of those people that believe video games cause violence or something? Because that's some absurd logic there. I think most kids can realise that TR is an evil organisation, and that joining it would just be for fun or to role-play as whatever character they want for themselves in the game. When I choose to play as a Khajiit in Skyrim, it's not because I want to be a large humanoid cat IRL. When kids dress-up on Halloween as monsters, they don't suddenly want to grow up to be a werewolf or a vampire. Kids have some level of intelligence you know. At least the ones that will find some fanmade Pokemon game on the internet, create an account, download, and finally play it. You can defend this game all you want, but please don't be a fanboy and not even use logic in these defences/"counter arguments". :P

???

Skedra mentioned "education", hence why I was confused......I didn't defend anything or be a fanboy, where did that even came from lol. I was talking about her point, not mine.

From education standpoint, whether it caused violence or not, playing as the bad animal-abusing/stealing guy is indeed worse than showing a cow laying eggs, so being fine with it but rejecting a more minor thing, is puzzling.

From "just for fun" standpoint though, yeah, you are right that it doesn't matter at all.

I don't know, maybe it's just me who read the intention of her post wrong. I apologize if I do get it wrong.

190992 - Excessive anti-profanity rules, and excessive rule enforcment in general. Having a censor is fine (having a censor you can disable even better) but you can still get kicked after the censor has done its job? Really?

- Due to this and due to most moderator's blind faith in the rules, some of them often fill in the Lawful Evil cliché at times (the Dolores Umbridge types).

- An unreasonably large portion of the community is pretty stuckup or uptight. Backseat moderating, condescending attitudes, uncapable of taking any jokes. Possibly a by-product of the excessively strict rules.

- Some of the soundtracks in game are awful and make it feel like we're in circus or something,

- No option to join Team Rocket... we've been waiting for this forever! A fan made video game is the opportunity to make these things happen.

- Some pokemon like Zapdos are unobtainable. This is a crime, everyone loves Zapdos!

1- The censor is there to prevent other players from seeing whats written behind the censor. The punishment is a reminder for players that such language is not acceptable or welcome in this game, and its punishable within it.

2- Moderators, as the title suggests are there to moderate the game according to their policies. For example, a trade mod cannot do what a game master can, nor a game master can do what an admin can. Its a custom to rise up against the rules in most games that have an online community. However, in PRO, all rules "will" be enforced. Wether you like it or not.

3- Self-moderation within the community is a must if you wish to have a successfull game with a pleased community, where everyone can do whatever they wish within the protection and the restriction of the rules.

3,5 - If the person is incapable or displeased with your humor or jokes, you can always avoid making such jokes.

4- Developement.

5- Developement.

6- Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres will obtainable in the future, where this information has been given to the community countless times, both ingame and on the forums.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

190992Cons:

- Excessive anti-profanity rules, and excessive rule enforcment in general. Having a censor is fine (having a censor you can disable even better) but you can still get kicked after the censor has done its job? Really?

- Due to this and due to most moderator's blind faith in the rules, some of them often fill in the Lawful Evil cliché at times (the Dolores Umbridge types).

- An unreasonably large portion of the community is pretty stuckup or uptight. Backseat moderating, condescending attitudes, uncapable of taking any jokes. Possibly a by-product of the excessively strict rules.

- Some of the soundtracks in game are awful and make it feel like we're in circus or something,

- Some pokemon like Zapdos are unobtainable. This is a crime, everyone loves Zapdos!

Honestly, most of your cons aren't really cons.

1. First of all, about the anti-profanity rules. I hate to say it, but I definitely disagree with your opinion. As someone that kinda has a bad mouth, this one is especially hard for me, but I understand the merits, and there is actually quite a few good reasons. First and foremost, this is a PG community. Also, anti-profanity rules generally only apply public chats(ingame and help chat). The censor is to avoid those words from being visible to others, it doesn't prevent one from using censored words, it isn't like we don't know what they mean when they are censored. If you wanna keep cussing ingame, don't get upset if you get kicked.

2. I've ran a whole bunch of communities in my life, some even larger than PRO. From my experience if you aren't strict with your rules, you have people trying to circumvent the rules and trying to get away with as much as possible. In a community such as this, zero-tolerance rules are the only way to go about it. Again, this goes back to being a PG community. In order to make the community PG, you have to be strict. As far as others backseat moderating, condescending attitudes, and players un-capable of taking jokes, well actually that is a good thing. Rules are easier to enforce when not everyone is trying to break them and much easier if you have players helping enforce them. I think that this is honestly one of the best communities that I've ever been a part of, this community lacks the toxicity that most other online communities are plagued with. As for jokes, well if I had to make a guess, it was probably because it broke a rule or was posted in the wrong spot. There are plenty of people with senses of humor, but posting it in the wrong spot will almost ensure that you don't get any laughs.

3. I usually listen to my own music.

4. After you joined what would you do? Where would the story line go from there? Also wouldn't you get tired of ALWAYS losing? Also, a lot of the custom content that PRO makes seems to follow the anime, manga, or games pretty closely. We aren't likely to see something like joining Team Rocket.

5. The same reason you can't catch these legendaries is the same reason you can't breed. It all goes back to PvP, legendaries would pretty much ruin PvP. Imagine a few people getting an absolutely AMAZING legendary that will easily break 600 in one stat or another, what happens to those people who get a BAD legendary? Considering that there is only one chance at getting those legendaries, getting a bad one in a game like this would be awful. They might get added eventually, but it might be a while.

Personally, I think most of these things that you consider cons have actually been thought out very well by the staff.

192349 Deathwing just to clarify and a bit of topic here... the players who did not kill these legendaries should wait until they get obtainable? Or if we kill them now we still be able to catch them later?

Only knowledge that exists on this is the legendary birds, where they will have another set of questline in order to be obtainable. Where defeating them or not in their respective encounters is not of importance.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

192349 Deathwing just to clarify and a bit of topic here... the players who did not kill these legendaries should wait until they get obtainable? Or if we kill them now we still be able to catch them later?

Only knowledge that exists on this is the legendary birds, where they will have another set of questline in order to be obtainable. Where defeating them or not in their respective encounters is not of importance.

Okay that's actually very well thought out, I was afraid of defeating them and never get to obtain them later, that is a relief.