List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

K so i am using gothitelle my self right now and i have to admit that it does lean on being over powered... that said, it is a long sort after answer to stall teams. but again, stall is no longer the best pvp set up anyway, i find hyper offensive a lot harder to deal with. Pokemon like togekiss / mew / garchomp are monsters to deal with once their respective counters have been dealt with.

Back to goth. Right now it completely shuts down pokemon like starmie / slowbro / tenta / roserade that are seen very often in top ladder teams. One poke rendering so many pokemon unsuable just doesnt seem right imo, and will do no good to the game. But as long as its legal by PRO's rules i will use it because i have been saving my goth up sine the first month of PRO's release... Besides, there are ways around it.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

204835 K so i am using gothitelle my self right now and i have to admit that it does lean on being over powered... that said, it is a long sort after answer to stall teams. but again, stall is no longer the best pvp set up anyway, i find hyper offensive a lot harder to deal with. Pokemon like togekiss / mew / garchomp are monsters to deal with once their respective counters have been dealt with.

Back to goth. Right now it completely shuts down pokemon like starmie / slowbro / tenta / roserade that are seen very often in top ladder teams. One poke rendering so many pokemon unsuable just doesnt seem right imo, and will do no good to the game. But as long as its legal by PRO's rules i will use it because i have been saving my goth up sine the first month of PRO's release... Besides, there are ways around it.

Exactly. If it's not banned then I guess I will have to use mine as well.

204842 like talonflame

One poke rendering so many pokemon unsuable just doesnt seem right imo

but no one thinks talon should be banned xD

Talonflame doesn't render so many pokemon unusable. You can easily switch to a counter such as Tyranitar, Slowbro, Arcanine, Hippowdown, Gliscor, Donphan, etc. You can even put stealth rocks on the field to make talonflame lose 50% upon switch in. Extremespeed users like Dragonite can pick Talonflame off as well.

I think people get salty because gothitelle break their stall team.

What if i purpose to ban H.A gothitelle but you also must agree to ban H.A slowbro?

Will you go for it? if no then i prove my 1st statement.

If you want details try scrolling up and reading what RANKED players have posted. If that isn't enough for you then you should go check out the reasons smogon gave for banning it. It's not competitive, over-powered, and should be banned regardless. Not just Gothitelle but other shadow tag users as well. You lack credibility my friend.

Sry for my lack of credibility. Im sure yours is good enough for your point of view. Be sure i read every post carefully in here and i know why gothitelle is banned in showdown. I think i made my point clear and i wont repeat myself over and over again, I just wanna say one more time: This is pro, not showdown.

Tr3y, have you read what I, a ranked player both in PRO and smogon, have said? Accusing someone of "lacking credibility" shouldn't ever happen in a decent discussion whatsoever, if someone who doesn't know anything about pvp comes in here and says "pls ban talonflame" or "pls ban sableye prankster" I would have answered the same way I did with the "experienced" players regarding gothitelle:

202240 I really don't get all the fuss about gothitelle...

1. Tiers are made for pokemon showdown, a competitive environment where the one and only problem is "what to pick" and "what am i allowed to pick to compete at the same level with my opponent". In PRO the eventual "Ubers" would be really different and should include the "unobtainable" pokemon to everyone (see staff pokemon, banned indeed). So complaining about "gothitelle shadow tag is uber, pls copy showdown and ban" makes really no sense.

2. You're making it seem impossible to counter with all those "unhealthy" "gamebreaking" and so on out of context adjectives. It's not unbalanced at all, there are TONS of counters to it, unlike many other pokemon, perhaps you just didn't bother to bring them in your team when you faced one (because unexpected). Guess what, even a ferrothorn can ruin your team if you don't have fire coverage, what's the difference? Something you didn't came prepared for, that has counter and counter stuff... unhealthy? please.

Bring u-turn / volt switch / baton pass on your special attacker (see magnezone) to counter shadow tag, dark physical coverage, heavy physical dmg, gothitelle is done for, has way more counters than the most used ability in the game, regenerator.

And guess what, all this fuss because shadow tag counters that...

3. Banning an obtainable extremely rare (h.a. as well) pokemon who is working as intended is really dangerous for a MMO environment, PRO isn't showdown where you can get shadow tag gothitelle just by selecting it, there are people who actually spent weeks farming for that h.a. extremely rare, and whoever tried that feeling (hi prankster sableye) knows how much of a pain that is. People saying "ban gothitelle shadowtag" aren't that much different from the guy who said "ban talonflame galewings", there are just as many counters to it, difference being if you don't expect the pokemon (like you do with talonflame) you might be careless with switch ins/outs without having scouted properly the enemy team before, get trapped when you scald with your slowbro and lose your regenerator.

4. Wall breaking. Another major problem in the current PvP state, the lack of items like life orb and specs make wall breaking extremely hard. When life orb comes people will get more used to their "walls" being destroyed and maybe realize that a strategy that relies 99% on switching between walls isn't that good anymore. Shadowtag gothitelle does the same, wall breaking, people in PRO aren't just used to get their walls countered...

Now this:

204835 K so i am using gothitelle my self right now and i have to admit that it does lean on being over powered... that said, it is a long sort after answer to stall teams. but again, stall is no longer the best pvp set up anyway, i find hyper offensive a lot harder to deal with. Pokemon like togekiss / mew / garchomp are monsters to deal with once their respective counters have been dealt with.

First: sorry for the dc during in our battle, battery died x.x

Second: there are ways of countering gothitelle EVEN with some of the very pokemon you mentioned, saying one pokemon rendering so many pokemon unusable is an exaggeration, with the right moveset special attackers can make gothitelle 100% useless. Let it go for physical or unexpected hybrids, but hey that's way off from the bible that is smogon, I wouldn't dare even mentioning something so blasphemous :(

Third: Gothitelle shuts down meta pokemon right now... Slowbro is meta because it shuts down (by switching in and out) heavy physical attackers (talonflame / weavile / machamp and so on), I feel like slowbro shuts down waaaay more pokemon than gothitelle does.