List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

205634 Just face it : Shadow tag IS overpowered. No matter the arguments you'll put down.

Again: Shadow Tag is not OP. If you can not deal with it with your team's meta-style, it's your problem. Not the problem of those who use it in their own PvP team.

Smogon disagree : https://smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou

This isn't a legitimate reply to me, because smogon = showdown and showdown =/= PRO.

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again: Shadow Tag is not OP. If you can not deal with it with your team's meta-style, it's your problem. Not the problem of those who use it in their own PvP team.

Smogon disagree : https://smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou

This isn't a legitimate reply to me, because smogon = showdown and showdown =/= PRO.

Nothing is a legitimate reply to you because all you really say is that Shadow Tag is not OP. With no justification whatsoever. Lmao.

205626 After read what you wrote coop33, i can see that you hate stall team very much.

And like you said : "PRO is not showdown. If u want shodown tiers and rules, go play pvp showdown ". I agree.

But can you tell me anyway to counter Gothitelle like it counter stall team in PRO ?

Is it still a joy to play a game when you already know there is no way you can win?

No i dont hate stall teams. And i dont want blissey/slowbro to be banned! What i hate is

1. that i need to use a stall-team to be competitive viable to reach top 25 (correct me here if im wrong but what ive seen when facing them, this is the case)

2. i hate to face always the same team. (80%blissey/stall comps atm) I want versatile pvp-teams.

I dont hate stall tho.

So u wanna know how to counter Gothitelle.

Well first which trapping moves any other than gothitelle works?

Whirlpool. No.

Mean look. No.

Pursuit. No.

Arena Trap (ok same like shadow tag). No

202240 2. You're making it seem impossible to counter with all those "unhealthy" "gamebreaking" and so on out of context adjectives. It's not unbalanced at all, there are TONS of counters to it, unlike many other pokemon, perhaps you just didn't bother to bring them in your team when you faced one (because unexpected). Guess what, even a ferrothorn can ruin your team if you don't have fire coverage, what's the difference? Something you didn't came prepared for, that has counter and counter stuff... unhealthy? please.

Bring u-turn / volt switch / baton pass on your special attacker (see magnezone) to counter shadow tag, dark physical coverage, heavy physical dmg, gothitelle is done for, has way more counters than the most used ability in the game, regenerator.

And guess what, all this fuss because shadow tag counters that...

Then there is Roar/Whirlwind/dragon tail etc.

And gothitelle has kinda move slot-syndrom. So CM/Rest should be clear. So now u can run t-wave/tickle and psyshock and u are done vs any dark type poke cause u are useless. Or u run a coverage move and u getting trouble vs physical attackers.

And im sure there are even more ways to counter her if i start thinking more about it.

So i wanna ask: Is there any joy to play a game if u see the blissey and u know this fight might take 2h to finally lose?

And if gothitelle is that good, all 300+ players confirm they are using her atm? Cause safe win, u just lose vs other gothitelle-teams, right? Rest of the games are ezpz, right?

Staff might have numbers for how often gothitelle is used and blissey is used in pvp and the winrates of them for the past month/2weeks? Would be intersting to know.

So guys get your gothitelle and get that top 25 and show us how easy it is.^^

205657The next step is you keep bringing up SMOGON rules blah... blah.. blah..

It's not SHOWDOWN, its not normal POKEMON game where every ability, move & items are available for PvP.

So please if you doesnt have any experience in PRO PvP you better not giving a comment based on another POKEMON GAME.

Smogon rules are based from pokemon games to make the pvp fair and healthy, those rules are made by people more experienced in pokemon pvp, since PRO is based from pokemon games then yeah, those rules are legit, they didn't banned shadow tag because it messed with their stall teams, they did because it's truely overpowered (btw Gothitelle was the most important suspect test which made this ability to be banned overall)

So yeah, Shadow tag is op, especially Gothitelle with shadow tag which is the most powerful pokemon with Shadow Tag just behind M. Gengar (M. Gengar wasn't banned because only shadow tag, he was just too OP for ou)

And yes, PVP items must be implemented first before considering banning abillities or pokemons.

205657 I don't run any h.a GOTHITELLE or h.a SLOWBRO in my team, you can ask people who do PvP in red sever

I found out that dealing with h.a GOTHITELLE are easier and less boring than dealing with h.a SLOWBRO, or at least it doesnt wasting so much time just for a single match.

And god damn faking this!!! This!!! True words!!! Im so done with this topic. xd

I agree with

205634 Just face it : Shadow tag IS overpowered. No matter the arguments you'll put down.

So. Much. This.

No, not so much of that.

You both will have to learn how you can deal with Shadow Tag Pokémon.

It's not the Shadow Tag's fault you fail to do so.

I agree with Miya on this one, if you're having a problem with gothitelle's shadow tag find a way to shut it down there's many way's out there, for example with a Prankster you could shut it down completely with Taunt Leaving most of it's moves Unable to use due To Prankster you're able to get first move due to it's ability giving you Priority, If you don't have a Prankster get your self a Cottonee or Sableye. Choice is yours but don't complain because you have no idea how to shut down teams. Hope you take this information and enjoy Ranked pvp. :y:

XAjjFkm.gif4zV2KpM.png

205690 If you have some time to read why shadow tag is broken : https://www.smogon.com/articles/ou-suspect-sableye-shadow-tag

^^^^^^

Did u even read the article???

Following quotes from the article:

variation but almost always followed a similar makeup of Mega Sableye / Gothitelle / Chansey / Skarmory / Quagsire / Amoonguss. Mega Sableye is the linchpin, as its control over the hazard game enables its teammates to stay healthy and prevents them from being worn down throughout the match. Gothitelle, on the other hand, shuts down some very threatening stallbreakers, such as Clefable and Manaphy, in addition to acting as a general nuisance through use of Trick and Thunder Wave.

Ehm, no Mega-Sableeye or Magic Bounce implemented atm.

No Trick implemented.

Other Meta in Pro than showdown.

If Gothitelle had not been a problem before ORAS introduced new Mega Evolutions, then why would it be the biggest problem now? The answer is most likely that Mega Sableye pushed the direction of stallbreakers in such a way that more "Gothitelle-weak" stallbreakers, such as Manaphy, started rising in usage.

Additionally, Gothitelle is very limited in the teams it can be used on, and its usage almost exclusively comes on Mega Sableye stall teams.

I dont think i need to add smth more.

Other meta in pro than in showdown.

There is of course an argument for Shadow Tag getting banned. Shadow Tag takes away a fundamental aspect of that game, that aspect being switching. Some people believe that taking away what is considered a fundamental aspect of the game should not be allowed in any form. These people also commonly called for a Shadow Tag suspect throughout XY and up to ORAS based on Shadow Tag's "uncompetitive" nature. The Gothitelle family also possesses the unique combination of Shadow Tag and Trick + Choice Scarf, which can lock a check into a boosting move without fail. Several common stallbreakers, such as Manaphy and Clefable, rely on boosting moves to break through bulkier teams, and TrickScarf Gothitelle is a huge deterrent to those stallbreakers setting up.

No trick. No Choice Item.

Annyoing for esp NaturalCure/Regenerators it seems to be. I admit shadow tag takes away a fundamental of the game, the switching. But not more unhealty than 2h games cause of switcherino and PP-stalling. I mean pp-stalling, why is there even a possibility for that lol.

My opinion tho.

And then there is another big article about MegaSableeye again. So thats it? Did i miss smth.? Thats the reason why gothitelle is banned?

So for the moment i still say, esp after reading this article: Dont ban gothitelle.