List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

193259 I would like the users who do ranked battle to give us an input of which Pokemon should not be in used in a ranked battle. I will start with the basic list you keep suggesting the others such as moves and the Pokemon and please explain why they should not be used in ranked battle. Example; Pokemon X shouldn't be used in ranked battle because Items Y are missing to counter it. This is due to complaint from users where staff is using certain legends and where users are overusing broken Pokemon due to lack of essential items and abilities. Please note that the tier system was bought up already as well as missing abilities and items. I personally believe it's about time to make ranked battle system more fair for all users. We are well aware that it is well of balance but those issues about missing items, abilities and moves were already brought up. Will there be an update regarding this from our developer is something I can't say for sure due to his schedule.

Banned Pokemon:

• Staff Megas
    Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Groudon
    Ho-Oh
    Kyogre
    Kyurem
    Lugia
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Reshiram
    Xerneas
    Yveltal
    Zekrom

Banned Abilities

• N/A

Banned Moves

• N/A

Please can u ban gothitelle ? Its very important...

197924 gothitelle is banned on ou but can be used in uber. Ban could create a very useless pokemon here, apart if you do different tiers. But there are lot of abilities here that cant be used in ou.

I think u don't understand. If gothitelle isn't ban, u will see gothitelle in all the team, this is what u want ?

I'm fine with it :D Tbh, it better if my oppoent has Gothitelle in their team instead annoying combo like bliss + slow + skar :Crazy:

197924 gothitelle is banned on ou but can be used in uber. Ban could create a very useless pokemon here, apart if you do different tiers. But there are lot of abilities here that cant be used in ou.

I think u don't understand. If gothitelle isn't ban, u will see gothitelle in all the team, this is what u want ?

I'm fine with it :D Tbh, it better if my oppoent has Gothitelle in their team instead annoying combo like bliss + slow + skar :Crazy:

+1

I think Spore should be banned until Sleep Clause is implemented. If you happen to not have a Grass Type or something that is unaffected, you're pretty much screwed. Exactly one move slot and one Pokemon slot required to wreak havoc.

Gothitelle with Shadow Tag should also be banned. It's essentially a walking +6 Spatk +6 Spdef nightmare. While it can be killed even then, there's no way to stop it. It can come in anytime to erase a specific threat to clear the way for a sweep, and I say erase because it's downright impossible to kill it decides to switch in on you. It's also a perfect revenge killer in that it can revenge kill pretty much anything.

I agree that Regenerator should at least be considered for a ban. By itself, it's a great ability that makes using Tangrowth viable, makes Slowbro even stronger, and makes Amoonguss hands down the best Grass type wall in the game. As pointed out by other players, however, it's very easily exploitable. On one hand, one or a combination of them as your defensive core along with cleric support can be a serious chore to take down, even in a world with Pursuit, Life Orb, and Choice Items. On the other, some common stall breakers and set up sweepers can make life very difficult for them. Excadrill can set up on nearly any cleric, Togekiss can Nasty Plot + Paraflinch, Scizor can't be poisoned and can set up, Taunt users can whittle them down as they switch, etc. Unlike Spore and Shadow Tag Gothitelle which are broken by themselves, you have to build around Regenerator using precious team slots and it's only really a problem if used in stall.

Make polls to vote for these things, compile a list of pokemon people are arguing to be banned and then poll it for a certain time peroid.

Also before you start banning pokemon, add a sleep clause and OHKO clause etc, and pvp items.

Also gothitelle and speed boost blaziken shouldn't be banned, as they're the only checks to certain teams.