List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Bong2015

Nice that you play this spec tar. Actually, if i remember correctly i saw it at the "next best thing" on smogon, and they called it lure tar.

The playstyle that you descirbe fits pretty nicely to its name. It counters alot of its normal switch ins.

Is your set?:

- Dark Pulse

- Fire Blast

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

Slowbro regenerator don't need to be ban, same for blissey, talonflame gale wing and entry hazards.... All of this poke have counter.

I think u just need to ban or nerf some capacity like shadow tag or speed boost.

U can nerf shadow tag for that talent only works one time per game. And for Blaziken speed boost you can deprive him the possibility to learn sword dance.

The meta will change when the items like life orb and choice will be added but for now I see only this 2 pokemon who can make problem. (and u don't need choice band or life orb to beat a slowbro)

And some little things i think important :

U need to make a sleep clause (only one pokemon can be asleep)

U need to ban OHKO move.

We need to have the possibility to buy focus sash.

195315 Slowbro regenerator don't need to be ban, same for blissey, talonflame gale wing and entry hazards.... All of this poke have counter.

I think u just need to ban or nerf some capacity like shadow tag or speed boost.

U can nerf shadow tag for that talent only works one time per game. And for Blaziken speed boost you can deprive him the possibility to learn sword dance.

The meta will change when the items like life orb and choice will be added but for now I see only this 2 pokemon who can make problem. (and u don't need choice band or life orb to beat a slowbro)

U need to ban OHKO move.

Yes they do, but mostly are not coded into the game aka life orb, choice items, trick, pursuit, etc

195315 Slowbro regenerator don't need to be ban, same for blissey, talonflame gale wing and entry hazards.... All of this poke have counter.

U need to ban OHKO move.

Yes they do, but mostly are not coded into the game aka life orb, choice items, trick, pursuit, etc

ferro venusaur starmie magnezone can wall slowbro.

The meta is stall because there is not the important items of pvp. If slowbro is ban the meta will not change anyway.

most hyper offence teams have at least one focus sash user..to explain you furthermore lets see setup poke or wallbreakers in current pvp meta that focus sash will be a huge buff to them:medicham,garchomp,galvantula,vivilon,brelloom,excadril,blaziken,gengar,alakazam,cloyster,weaville,omastar,infernape etc

but more importanly think about all the poke that would be competitive:jolteon,leafeon,aerodactyl,ninjask,noivern,scolipede,heracross,hitmonlee,greninja,typhlosion,gorebyss,huntail,buterfree,volcarona,bisharp and many many many more..and rocky helmet or asshault vest is not more famous than sash lol clearly you play only vgc with ou and uber poke.there are currently 3 bosses droping focus sash while everyone gets at least 2-3 leftovers per account..so its at least 10x more rare than lefto and people still wtb lefto..the only reason to want to stick with whart you said is you wanting to hurt the economy of the other player you lost against..which is dumb..if someone use 3 sash on his team he needs 15k/battle with your system..there is a reason the official games has focus sash as it is and it was after players asking for it

The "hurting the economy of enemies" is a joking part.. well, so sad that u take it seriously :Cry: As I said everyone now at least have 1-2 sashes if sash isnt consumed in pvp battle, none bother to buy more since unlike lefty we only need 1 sash or 2 at most in 1 team.

Idk about ur meta or what format u're in, to me rocky helmet is a thing in current meta especially w. the ridiculous Tough claws ability and a lot of hard hitting pkms that use contact moves so Helmet is there to punish them (30% health per touching when used w. barbs, skin).. Most Garchomp/Ferrothrone even Skarmory I ran into in OU showdown use helmet. Assault Vest (ofc is not used often as helmet) is usually use in Conkeldurr, Tangrowth, Tyranitar (especially conkeldurr, all of them switch from bulk up set to AV when it come to gen6)..

This is an out date item usage statistics you may want to take a look (Can't find anything newer, but this still account upto gen6 I believe).

https://sweepercalc.com/stats/

Focus sashes well, can be used mostly in suicide lead or magic guard alakazam since people always set up rock asap.

In my opinion, the pkm u listed bar aerodactyl don't really need sash to function in PRO meta since the pokemon can 1hit them w.o choice items, orb is not so many.. and the ideas of having 3 sashed pkm in 1 team leave me speechless as well.

Well, this is just my observation that I want to share w. you, don't take it offensively.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

U need to ban OHKO move.

ferro venusaur starmie magnezone can wall slowbro.

The meta is stall because there is not the important items of pvp. If slowbro is ban the meta will not change anyway.

But the thing is, Slowbro users can just switch out. And those items, moves, abilities, etc, were to make sure this don't go unpunished...

But the thing is, Slowbro users can just switch out. And those items, moves, abilities, etc, were to make sure this don't go unpunished...

They will still switch out and a resisting pokemon or wall will switch in. All attacks except pursuit are slower than switching. With choice items u are now locked into a move, which may be effectiv against slowbro but is ineffective against the new pokemon. U are now forced to switch your pokemon giving the enemy an advantage.

The counter to pivot is right prediction and mixed attackers and/or pokemon with high coverage and expert belt

tbh, Im fine with Regenerator abi :3 abit anoying but doesn't mean we can't deal with it. JUST NOT EASY! A reckless staraptor with sharp break, a Breloom or even a Blissey (Toxic) also can shut down Slowbro. There is no perfect team or single pkm, and everything has a counter. Thus, the problem is how's ur team building (I'm still stucking with team building coz of "Scald" :Frown: ). if U hate stall team, u can build a team with full stallbreakers (Taunt users, Togekiss, Noibat, Hydreigen, etc.) to deal with it :Crazy:. Once again, it depend on your experience and playstyle.

I just hope that our staff can add some clauses (sleep, baton pass, etc.) asap to improve the quality of rank battle, and last but not least, we have to have more seriously punishment to bug abusers.

Cheer up :devil:

outrage need to be banned for one reason it goes first .

for example opponent use dragonite and me politoed he killed politoed with outrage and when i send kingdra or a pokemon with swim swift here outrage goes first again the thing not normal and we now that outrage is not priority move :Ambivalent:

Aymaneforum.png