List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

203169 I think we're severely under-estimating the ability 'Shadow Tag' on a Pokemon with a fully functioning useable move pool on PRO.

Since the introduction of abilities from the days of Ruby/Sapphire through to all the subsequent 4,5,6 generations of competitive play, this ability has always been forbidden in any environment other than Uber.

How can you counter something you can't switch out from while it goes on to set up on you? (Barring certain rather situational scenarios).

A team built around Gothitelle with the other 5 party members supporting it to counter it's 'counters', cannot be beaten easily, unless we know for definite that the opponent has a Gothitelle, even then an experienced trainer [with time] will have all the right checks to it's possible counters.

Also, is it just me? Or, what's wrong with banning Pokemon which are classed as Uber on Smogon? They don't just make all this up out of thin air or because they just feel like it...it's all been tried, tested and proven.

Finally someone who speaks with sense.

Thanks very much.

Did u guys even read what sharlank wrote? Its like u ignoring every argument and just get what u want. Btw sharlank wrote many ways to counter gothitelle and i would know some more, but i wont tell ya here.

And if gothitelle scares any stallteam so hard, that the stall-pvp-users overthink their team comp and finally put less stall in it, then ty ty ty so much u made shadow tag work. Ty ty ty ty. xd No more 2h pvp battles or longer.

And i repeat myself but i try it one last time:

PRO is not showdown. If u want shodown tiers and rules, go play pvp showdown.

If u just ban every poke u hate like gothitelle, sableeye, skrelp, which costs sometimes weeks to farm with h.a., some ppl might be really upset about it.

And some ppl might think u earn an edge in pvp if u put more time in hunting/trading good pokes (MMO game u know) than just make it even for 50h pvp players compared to 1000h pvp player. Dont get me wrong, skill > rest.

203478 And If Gothitelle is not ban and become more used in Pro, all the teams will need to have a pokemon who can hit hard Gothitelle on the physical, so u will see Tyranitar and Scyther in all the team. So you will always see the same pokemons in pvp and u will come here for crying because you see always the same pokemon . And when u will be rekt by Gothitelle 9 batlles/10 and saw him in all the team you will all come here for crying and ask and pray for a ban.

Not to mention u ignored all the stuff written above but...i ll take your example. Just to show u im not ignoring your posts.

So we see Tyranitar and Scyther in all team. Ok. Fine. So we will always see the same Pokes in PVP. I see, yeah...aha. Oh wait, isnt it blissey, ferrothorn, slowbro, skarmory in 80% of my games. Yeah im sure, thats it! I see always the same stall teams!!!!!

Sry but i had to be sarcastic here.... :Smile:

Are we crying about it like u guys about gothitelle in every thread? No. Im not crying to see every stall-team-poke oveer and over and over again. Did i meet a single gothitelle? No.

And btw mr fatman, how is it possible u are Nr 1, if u meet in so many games a gothitelle, where u lose 9/10 games? Pls explain?^^

I don't want another internet argument - which I will never win. :Crazy:

Just want to express my thought: I'm with that fatman and mather88: Gothitelle need to be banned from ranked play.

It's not because I don't have one, actually I do (show off sometimes in battle channel XD). Never use it in ladder, because I don't want to join the cancer :Crazy:

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

203169 I think we're severely under-estimating the ability 'Shadow Tag' on a Pokemon with a fully functioning useable move pool on PRO.

Since the introduction of abilities from the days of Ruby/Sapphire through to all the subsequent 4,5,6 generations of competitive play, this ability has always been forbidden in any environment other than Uber.

How can you counter something you can't switch out from while it goes on to set up on you? (Barring certain rather situational scenarios).

A team built around Gothitelle with the other 5 party members supporting it to counter it's 'counters', cannot be beaten easily, unless we know for definite that the opponent has a Gothitelle, even then an experienced trainer [with time] will have all the right checks to it's possible counters.

Also, is it just me? Or, what's wrong with banning Pokemon which are classed as Uber on Smogon? They don't just make all this up out of thin air or because they just feel like it...it's all been tried, tested and proven.

Finally someone who speaks with sense.

Thanks very much.

Did u guys even read what sharlank wrote? Its like u ignoring every argument and just get what u want. Btw sharlank wrote many ways to counter gothitelle and i would know some more, but i wont tell ya here.

And if gothitelle scares any stallteam so hard, that the stall-pvp-users overthink their team comp and finally put less stall in it, then ty ty ty so much u made shadow tag work. Ty ty ty ty. xd No more 2h pvp battles or longer.

And i repeat myself but i try it one last time:

PRO is not showdown. If u want shodown tiers and rules, go play pvp showdown.

If u just ban every poke u hate like gothitelle, sableeye, skrelp, which costs sometimes weeks to farm with h.a., some ppl might be really upset about it.

And some ppl might think u earn an edge in pvp if u put more time in hunting/trading good pokes (MMO game u know) than just make it even for 50h pvp players compared to 1000h pvp player. Dont get me wrong, skill > rest.

203478 And If Gothitelle is not ban and become more used in Pro, all the teams will need to have a pokemon who can hit hard Gothitelle on the physical, so u will see Tyranitar and Scyther in all the team. So you will always see the same pokemons in pvp and u will come here for crying because you see always the same pokemon . And when u will be rekt by Gothitelle 9 batlles/10 and saw him in all the team you will all come here for crying and ask and pray for a ban.

Not to mention u ignored all the stuff written above but...i ll take your example. Just to show u im not ignoring your posts.

So we see Tyranitar and Scyther in all team. Ok. Fine. So we will always see the same Pokes in PVP. I see, yeah...aha. Oh wait, isnt it blissey, ferrothorn, slowbro, skarmory in 80% of my games. Yeah im sure, thats it! I see always the same stall teams!!!!!

Sry but i had to be sarcastic here.... :Smile:

Are we crying about it like u guys about gothitelle in every thread? No. Im not crying to see every stall-team-poke oveer and over and over again. Did i meet a single gothitelle? No.

And btw mr fatman, how is it possible u are Nr 1, if u meet in so many games a gothitelle, where u lose 9/10 games? Pls explain?^^

Thanks :Heart: just thanks x.x making me sad seeing so many "pls ban shadow tag so op omg!!1!! " that clearly prefer 1 hour of game with swtiches between spinner / regenerators / blisseys...

204765 Shadow Tag should be banned for obvious reasons lol....

Thx for your details, ill try to keep up with u:

Shadow tag shouldnt be banned for obvious reasons lol....

:Shocked: :y:

I don't want another internet argument - which I will never win.

Just want to express my thought: I'm with that fatman and mather88: Gothitelle need to be banned from ranked play.

It's not because I don't have one, actually I do (show off sometimes in battle channel XD). Never use it in ladder, because I don't want to join the cancer

Actually i dont know u, i dont know what team u use or how good u play, so i just wanna know: what kinda team u usually use?^^

204765 Shadow Tag should be banned for obvious reasons lol....

Thx for your details, ill try to keep up with u:

Shadow tag shouldnt be banned for obvious reasons lol....

:Shocked: :y:

I don't want another internet argument - which I will never win.

It's not because I don't have one, actually I do (show off sometimes in battle channel XD). Never use it in ladder, because I don't want to join the cancer

Actually i dont know u, i dont know what team u use or how good u play, so i just wanna know: what kinda team u usually use?^^

If you want details try scrolling up and reading what RANKED players have posted. If that isn't enough for you then you should go check out the reasons smogon gave for banning it. It's not competitive, over-powered, and should be banned regardless. Not just Gothitelle but other shadow tag users as well. You lack credibility my friend.

If you want details try scrolling up and reading what RANKED players have posted. If that isn't enough for you then you should go check out the reasons smogon gave for banning it. It's not competitive, over-powered, and should be banned regardless. Not just Gothitelle but other shadow tag users as well. You lack credibility my friend.

Sry for my lack of credibility. Im sure yours is good enough for your point of view. Be sure i read every post carefully in here and i know why gothitelle is banned in showdown. I think i made my point clear and i wont repeat myself over and over again, I just wanna say one more time: This is pro, not showdown.