List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

For all your talk about wanting the metagame to be healthier, you want another OP vs OP scenario? Gothitelle being on every team makes pretty much everything that isn't offensively oriented unviable. Bring out a balanced Pokemon or a pivot, and it gets trapped then killed. Stall is a problem, yes. But Gothitelle is too. It doesn't look like the problem with stall will be solved anytime soon, but the problem with Gothitelle can be.

Do u even tried to hunt a extremely rare h.a. pokemon?

Not to mention nature/ivs.

Do u really think this poke will be in everyones pvp team soon? How many battles do u do and how many gothitelles u face here in pro-pvp? Every 2nd game?

Oh u can solve the stall problem pretty easy. Just ban Regenerator and blissey. Problem solved.

Stall teams should be still be the best way to win in this meta, but at least u dont have to face NaturalCure/Regenerater to stall opponents PPs anymore. (Doesnt mean i want them to be banned!)

No ban pokes here. :Angel:

Well and there are ways to deal with gothitelle and if 90% of players use her shouldnt be that hard to have a gothitelle too or a team which completly counters her. Like its now for blissey/stall comps.

Wether u have a blissey/stall comp too or a team which somehow completly counters blissey/stall comps.

I feel like we are going in circle here. xd

Just get that items in and make a few more moves/abilities work which are useful in pvp.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all your talk about wanting the metagame to be healthier, you want another OP vs OP scenario? Gothitelle being on every team makes pretty much everything that isn't offensively oriented unviable. Bring out a balanced Pokemon or a pivot, and it gets trapped then killed. Stall is a problem, yes. But Gothitelle is too. It doesn't look like the problem with stall will be solved anytime soon, but the problem with Gothitelle can be.

Gothitelle solved the stall problem thats the fact for now, and the staff can simply fix this stall problem by adding more PvP core items.

PRO always been stall meta from the 1st day i start playing it, but now it even worse since REGENERATOR works make stall team even stronger since slowbro can be a very strong pivot without any real counter.

I have no problem with stall team since they can be countered, but not for REGENERATOR SLOWBRO because we dont have enough power and working move to put it down easily like in POKEMON SHOWDOWN. And Gothitelle are the answer for it trap Slowbro so he cant abused REGENERATOR anymore.

And base on my own experience in PvP, when slowbro down most of the stall team cant do much anymore, and the game will end soon, which is proof how OP REGENERATOR in PRO.

The problem with this is is that offensive teams are viable even in a metagame full of stall. You can still use any playstyle, provided you have a game plan for stallers.

In a metagame full of Shadow Tag Gothitelles, however, no team is viable except for offense. Any balanced/defensive Pokemon you use will be trapped and killed. Our current meta is unhealthy, yes, but I'm pretty sure a meta with only one viable playstyle is much more unhealthy.

have you really tried PvP in Pro?

Knock Off and Toxic cripples Slowbro almost to the point of irrelevance. Maybe you shouldn't be trying to OHKO/2HKO it? You can't really argue about team support either because you said yourself you could take care of them, yes?

Gothitelle being a solid check to Slowbro doesn't make it any less OP. It checks pretty much every non-offensive Pokemon.

Yes, I have tried PvP.

The problem with this is is that offensive teams are viable even in a metagame full of stall. You can still use any playstyle, provided you have a game plan for stallers.

In a metagame full of Shadow Tag Gothitelles, however, no team is viable except for offense. Any balanced/defensive Pokemon you use will be trapped and killed. Our current meta is unhealthy, yes, but I'm pretty sure a meta with only one viable playstyle is much more unhealthy.

there are still many ways u can build not full offensive team, uses baton pass, u-turn, Volt Switch, Whirlwind, roar, taunt, haze and etc

So you're pretty much conceding that any non-offensive Pokemon without those moves are screwed? So much for a healthy meta. Shadow Tag Gothitelle won't really discourage the use of stall either because it can fit right into stall teams.

no, if u can predict it correctly, non-offensive Pokemon without those moves are still usable.

yeah of course, Gothitelle can fit into stall team, but it will encourage ppl to use offensive team with Gothitelle also.

cuz sometimes if my Gothitelle can trap stall team's slowbro or some key pokemons then my other offensive pokemons can deal with stall team easily

Knock Off and Toxic cripples Slowbro almost to the point of irrelevance. Maybe you shouldn't be trying to OHKO/2HKO it? You can't really argue about team support either because you said yourself you could take care of them, yes?

Gothitelle being a solid check to Slowbro doesn't make it any less OP. It checks pretty much every non-offensive Pokemon.

Yes, I have tried PvP.

How often?

sorry to say this but it seems you really have no idea about whats going on in PRO ranking PvP.

Do u even tried to hunt a extremely rare h.a. pokemon?

Not to mention nature/ivs.

Do u really think this poke will be in everyones pvp team soon? How many battles do u do and how many gothitelles u face here in pro-pvp? Every 2nd game?

Oh u can solve the stall problem pretty easy. Just ban Regenerator and blissey. Problem solved.

Stall teams should be still be the best way to win in this meta, but at least u dont have to face NaturalCure/Regenerater to stall opponents PPs anymore. (Doesnt mean i want them to be banned!)

No ban pokes here. :Angel:

Well and there are ways to deal with gothitelle and if 90% of players use her shouldnt be that hard to have a gothitelle too or a team which completly counters her. Like its now for blissey/stall comps.

Wether u have a blissey/stall comp too or a team which somehow completly counters blissey/stall comps.

I feel like we are going in circle here. xd

Just get that items in and make a few more moves/abilities work which are useful in pvp.

Yes, I have. How rare it is now is irrelevant. It is overpowered and therefore it must be banned. The complaints mean that it's rising in usage, too.

Yes, more items and abilities will make the game better. Letting an overpowered Pokemon stomp on others will not.

Yes, I have tried PvP.

How often?

sorry to say this but it seems you really have no idea about whats going on in PRO ranking PvP.

Could you tell me why I have no idea? Or do you have zero arguments about Gothitelle being OP?

Just deal with it and suck it up.

Stall teams are OP? Don't make me laugh. Just because you can't make a team against it doesn't mean it is OP by default. I run a Stall team and it is not the most OP teamstyle. Must say a few days ago i just ran over a Gothitelle with Shadow Tag and the rest of its team.

So stop perpetuating that lie, please! Just because something might seem OP to you/you can't handle it with your team personally, is no reason to push the Stall teamstyle further down the drain.

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

205615 Just deal with it and suck it up.

Stall teams are OP? Don't make me laugh. Just because you can't make a team against it doesn't mean it is OP by default. I run a Stall team and it is not the most OP teamstyle. Must say a few days ago i just ran over a Gothitelle with Shadow Tag and the rest of its team.

So stop perpetuating that lie, please! Just because something might seem OP to you/you can't handle it with your team personally, is no reason to push the Stall teamstyle further down the drain.

agree, just deal with it :Cool:

Could you tell me why I have no idea? Or do you have zero arguments about Gothitelle being OP?

Try read the whole post from page 1

because i dont want to explain the same thing all over again

You didn't raise compelling arguments though. Yes, killing Gothitelle is possible. But it's still a solid checkmate to about half the metagame. It is overpowered.