Ideas against botting

Guest Robbepop

Guest Robbepop

Hiho,

I am very upset about the current sitation of bot usage by many players.

As this game is very farm and hunt intense it is normal for anybody to do these thing on a regular basis and for extended duration of the play time and it can be said that it is a quite hard and daunting task.

Since there are many lazy people bot usage of high-skilled players is very high compared to other games in my honest opinion.

It comes to the point that I see them nearly every time I hunt or farm.

Reporting such players that obviously use farm or hunting bots is a really annoying thing to do.

You have to make screenshots, you need to login to the forum, create a forum post with great details etc.

Don't you wonder why so many bot-users still remain unreported? I do not!

The current system is aweful for the honest players!

Besides that at least for me the high percentage of bot users do greatly reduce my own motivation to continue playing this game. I think I am not alone with this attitude.

And here comes my suggestion:

Make it automated!

Implement features that allow normal players to report other players for bad language, bot usage, scamming (or what's it called?) etc.

This would take much work from the many moderators that are doing all this stuff manually - which is quite unnecesary.

A naive system in the background could then simply count reports on a single player and store credit points for reporting players to create a rating that allows distinguishing well-reporting players from badly-reporting players.

When a certain amount of identical reports is reached for a single player (e.g. 3 reports from two different players that have no interconnections visible to the system) then the player is punished.

Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg of what is possible with such a simple system!

And try to imagine what would be possible with a more complex one. ;)

And now ...

BAN ALL THE CHEATERS!^^

Regards,

Robbepop

195175 Implement features that allow normal players to report other players for bad language, bot usage, scamming (or what's it called?) etc.

This would take much work from the many moderators that are doing all this stuff manually - which is quite unnecesary.

A naive system in the background could then simply count reports on a single player and store credit points for reporting players to create a rating that allows distinguishing well-reporting players from badly-reporting players.

When a certain amount of identical reports is reached for a single player (e.g. 3 reports from two different players that have no interconnections visible to the system) then the player is punished.

I completely disagree, other games have similar systems to this and they are complete failures. It can easily be abused by players who gang up on a certain user.

I think, currently, PRO has a great system for reporting players and the staff do a great job at dealing with it.

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

195175 Hiho,

Reporting such players that obviously use farm or hunting bots is a really annoying thing to do.

You have to make screenshots, you need to login to the forum, create a forum post with great details etc.

Besides that at least for me the high percentage of bot users do greatly reduce my own motivation to continue playing this game. I think I am not alone with this attitude.

I know it is very annoying process for report someone. But in fact, players can fake/scam report, so evidence is must be having in report.

195175 And here comes my suggestion:

Make it automated!

Implement features that allow normal players to report other players for bad language, bot usage, scamming (or what's it called?) etc.

Same as reputation system case, it easy to abuse by players or group of players to someone they hate. The system sound okay, but automated punished by vote from players is never implements. Same case as Dota 2, report system never work auto, as it will need to staffs checking for valid and right situation.

And as Jolly said, the best system for players evaluation in PRO called GM. However, your point still valid as it can mark to players, and GM can check these marked as watching list. I will adding for this idea more thing, requirement for report is 4 badge or finish E4, and adding to per players only can report 1-5 times per month. So it will reduce the chance of spam report or clone nick for spam.

I think it is a good idea to allow reporting other only after beating E4, however, I dislike the low ban-report-count a player has per month.

The argument that groups of players that hate a single other player and want to punish him/her is invalid as it can easily be worked around by making the system not automatically ban a certain player - instead the system would inform a GM to do exactly that.

Besides that it should be also be possible to implement a system that punishes players that behave as group-punishers or similar.

The system simply has to store connections of reports players did on a daily (or hour) basis to analyse connections between groups of players - this of course should be punished equally to make players not do this.

I am very sure that such a system can be implemented.

The developers of PRO are skilled guys and I am pretty sure that they can implement such a system that behaves well in most possible ways.

It just has to be carefully designed. ;)

(btw. I am studying Informatics and know the struggles or what is hard and what's not)

If you want I can try to design a system that could fulfill the most important issues players could experience with a ban system in general. :)

Regards,

Robbepop

As a former GM myself, whom has over 200 bot bans alone and without any sort of coding feature in order to do so. This is an unnecessary method. GM work is always manual and will be.

Secondly ; you are free to report any sort of botter or a player whom you think is using a pirated/illegal software according to our rules. Where immidiate action will take place upon further investigation.

Players will never be banned over a conversation such as ;

Player : hey, this guy is botting i think.

Staff : Oh, ok... banned.

This is one of the most outrageous suggestions i've ever read.

A group of trolls can easily form a circlejerk against a player and report him/her numerously for kicks and lolz, making a player to be punishned for no reason at all.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

To be honest, just like user who scam or user who troll, botting will always be a thing.

Even if Shane made a system in which will discourage botters, they will soon just obviously try to find a way over it.

The only thing we can just do is try and report when we see them in my opinion as your suggestion as many flaws as such Deathwing pointed out.

In all respect but the points stated by Deathwing just tell me that he didn't even carefully read my proposal because he dislikes the idea in general ...

I explicitely said that I also do not want a completely autonomous system that just bans people after X indicendents.

A carefully designed system would not allow such a scenario to happen.

Instead my proposal in its essence was to make the reporting process easier for the users and more intelligent to reduce the work the moderators and the honest players have in order to get rid of "bad"-players.

I am very sad that my ideas are unheard.

And let me tell you again that a good system won't have the flaws stated above by Deathwing. It is all just about a proper design!

And to Deathwing - it is cool that you banned around 200 bot-users during your time. However, I even think that this number could have been much higher with a proper system. I have seen games getting down because of an increasing number of bot users. Some games even got balanced according to the playstyle of such bot-users, making it near impossible to play for "honest" players. I see the beginning of such a transition for the high-elo here. Don't let it happen!

Regards

195175 I am very upset about the current sitation of bot usage by many players.

As this game is very farm and hunt intense it is normal for anybody to do these thing on a regular basis and for extended duration of the play time and it can be said that it is a quite hard and daunting task.

Since there are many lazy people bot usage of high-skilled players is very high compared to other games in my honest opinion.

It comes to the point that I see them nearly every time I hunt or farm.

as alot of MMO's are.

195175 Reporting such players that obviously use farm or hunting bots is a really annoying thing to do.

if there is an ingame way to make it 'easier' to report a crash can simply ruin that and the person gets away due to "ohh no server crashes, i will stay in this area waiting for them to come back even if its in 12 hours or 24 hours" kinda seems like a massive flaw in the reporting proccess. forums to me. see the best way to go around about this, due im never logged out as i set the forum to remember me.

195175 Besides that at least for me the high percentage of bot users do greatly reduce my own motivation to continue playing this game. I think I am not alone with this attitude.

have you seem the amount of bots in WOW and ESO. ESO had 6 bots at one resource waiting for it to respawn RIP i didnt get that resource.

195175 And here comes my suggestion:

Make it automated!

easy, what i stated before and this "ohh look let me make friends on the unofficial discord, or in the IRC. then just ruin this one persons day. that will be funny" easy way to abuse said system. any and every system is abuseable no matter how great or amazing the work on it is to report someone. you can not EVER make a 100% fallproof way to make a working report system compared to the manual way in which is currently being done as human error is a more viable option then a machine doing it due to "people" reporting them via a ingame system. as humans can see the physical proof and a machine cant. we can watch, a machine will just see up, down, up, down, up down, left, right, left, right, which is what alot of people do when trying to level up or farm pokemon. mainly on tablet when they have to swipe the screen and dont have a tablet keyboard to use with their tablet

(edited to add: also i have been banned from games in the past for Aim Bot due to being good with a sniper in COD. the system in even BIG games are flaw'd)

Unofficial Pokemon Revolution Online Discord Bot

My brother is like a bot...he plays my game while im away from home..this is legal..coz you ask a person in your place to so things that you want..i just instruct him what to do and where to go..and which to raise..we both help each other while the other one is away from home...haha..

I think you just have to ask any sibling you have to do things that you want..i dont know anything about online game botting at all and i have heard botting will mess your game..

I also hate cheaters a lot... cheaters are really lazy and annoying..

195744 My brother is like a bot...he plays my game while im away from home..this is legal..coz you ask a person in your place to so things that you want..i just instruct him what to do and where to go..and which to raise..we both help each other while the other one is away from home...haha..

I think you just have to ask any sibling you have to do things that you want..i dont know anything about online game botting at all and i have heard botting will mess your game..

I also hate cheaters a lot... cheaters are really lazy and annoying..

Well, I will remind this rule:

3. Account sharing is not recommended, however if you share the account with someone they must also agree to the Terms and Conditions, and they become your responsibility for any actions which violate the Terms of Service.

Just be careful when your brother play game, as he also will have responsibility for any action in PRO too.