Things i don't like in PRO

Blackdarkness

1. 1.

183869 This isn't related to how the gameplay itself, but how updates work.

It would be a lot more convenient if the client everyone has downloaded could update itself upon start up rather than having to download the whole thing again. I don't know if that's possible or not, but if it is then it should definitely be done. Any info about this would be appreciated.

In the Alpha days we used an auto-updater, but it used too much server bandwidth to continue its use as the playerbase grew.

So how exactly is this server ran and what hardware runs it? I'm sorry to be asking questions and going off topic a bit, but I'm really wondering how this place works. If bandwidth is an issue, maybe donations should be talked about a bit more.

I don't mean to antagonize anyone, I just want to figure out how things work so I can offer better suggestions.

People could use a little less sensitivity.

Don't forget to pick up a book and learn something every once in a while.

Those are my 2 cents.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things I don't like:

- HM fly missing. Pretty much a staple of Pokemon games in my opinion. It just needs to get added at some point. Try making an economy in another way than deleting the most convenient feature that has been in every pokemon game and putting an overpriced and worse subway system in its place.

- Rare Pokemon too rare. I've been training all my high level pokemon to level 100 at Mt. Silver. Usually at the upper mountainside at day because only Golducks spawn there then and they give good XP. I now have 8/9 level 100 pokemon which probably took over 1000 wild pokemon kills to get. I've seen and caught 3 Larvitar so far which spawns there. Buddy of mine was surfing in Safari zone MS for a week before he finally saw a Dratini. A slight reduction in rarity is needed imo.

- Too low lvl wild pokemon. Levels for gyms have been increased compared to the original games, but the lvls of the wild pokemon have stayed the same. This creates huge grinding gaps. For example the 4th gym in Johto. People tell me it's lvl 45 while the wild pokemon there are lvl 15. I understand the need to grind but this is already there at the higher levels. Don't make me kill 30-40 pokemon to gain 1 level in the lvl 30-40 range while you need 10-20 more levels on multiple pokemon. The preparation for this gym fight actually made me quit the game for a few months. Make trainers reset more often, up the lvls of wild pokemon a bit to reflect the higher gym levels or put some training dojo's in cities with a gym.

- Auto encounter resetted trainers. Please make this optional. I don't want to fight lvl 2 trainers with a team of lvl 100 pokemon because I need to go to Cherrygrove to get the subway to another city.

- The lvl100 rattata requirement. First of all, kudos for the great troll :P I understand the necessity of throttling, but this necessity will be gone soon. Please make the requirement not require an OT rattata in a few weeks so people who did train one can sell it to people wanting to go to Hoenn in stead of having a useless lvl 100 rattata.

- Rare Pokemon too rare. I've been training all my high level pokemon to level 100 at Mt. Silver. Usually at the upper mountainside at day because only Golducks spawn there then and they give good XP. I now have 8/9 level 100 pokemon which probably took over 1000 wild pokemon kills to get. I've seen and caught 3 Larvitar so far which spawns there. Buddy of mine was surfing in Safari zone MS for a week before he finally saw a Dratini. A slight reduction in rarity is needed imo.

I absolute quote this.

I beat Hoenn E4 so I farmed (no training, real farm) about 20 hours in the last 3 days for swablu/altaria/beldum/gible/axew/riolu. I found the grand total of 1 swablu, 1 axew and 1 gible in that time. That's unacceptable.

I get some pokemons have to be challenging to find, but that's exagerated and actually ended up frustrating me so much I do not want to login anymore.

It should be revised and fixed, endgame (PvP) accessibility is the most important thing!

Speaking of rare spawn, for being such a weak Pokemon even after evolved, Skitty in Hoenn is way too rare at the moment.

Others have reason to be rare, usually because of their strength in battle or because they spawn outside their home region, but Skitty and its evolution are Pokemon designed for contests, which we don't have anyway. They aren't designed for battles, they don't have the power or even any gimmick for that. And the only Skitty spawn is in Hoenn, its home region.

I don't mind rare spawns, I'm just puzzled why Skitty is Extremely Rare, as nothing suggests it deserves that rarity. If anything, Uncommon/Scarce would suit it more.

9549 Things i don't like in PRO

1)too much exp given: you can make your lvl 100 pokemon in no time: you need just 2 day to make yours.in other game you need a month to have 1

So you're saying one must be a no-lifer goof to get his pokemons to 100? wow, outstanding idea.

183983 Things I don't like:

- HM fly missing. Pretty much a staple of Pokemon games in my opinion. It just needs to get added at some point. Try making an economy in another way than deleting the most convenient feature that has been in every pokemon game and putting an overpriced and worse subway system in its place.

- Too low lvl wild pokemon. Levels for gyms have been increased compared to the original games, but the lvls of the wild pokemon have stayed the same. This creates huge grinding gaps. For example the 4th gym in Johto. People tell me it's lvl 45 while the wild pokemon there are lvl 15. I understand the need to grind but this is already there at the higher levels. Don't make me kill 30-40 pokemon to gain 1 level in the lvl 30-40 range while you need 10-20 more levels on multiple pokemon. The preparation for this gym fight actually made me quit the game for a few months. Make trainers reset more often, up the lvls of wild pokemon a bit to reflect the higher gym levels or put some training dojo's in cities with a gym.

- Auto encounter resetted trainers. Please make this optional. I don't want to fight lvl 2 trainers with a team of lvl 100 pokemon because I need to go to Cherrygrove to get the subway to another city.

I TOTALLY agree with this.

183983 Things I don't like:

- The lvl100 rattata requirement. First of all, kudos for the great troll :P I understand the necessity of throttling, but this necessity will be gone soon. Please make the requirement not require an OT rattata in a few weeks so people who did train one can sell it to people wanting to go to Hoenn in stead of having a useless lvl 100 rattata.

I agree with everything, having no fly it's just frustrating, counting that i would use that mostly to go where my friends are in that precise time to play together. Rare pokémon are kinda of a joke, it took me two whole days to catch two cubone, one for me and one for a friend. I'm not a long time player (I mean i recently started ) but i agree with the low levels pokemon too. I mean, i need to train on seafoam or victory road to challenge the elite four and their level is... welp, too low. It get frustrating grinding too much, even if i realize that the first post of this topic, was someone who complained about the levels being too easy (So i guess it was different before). Auto encouter are good to train low lvls pokémon since there's no exp share, but yeah it should be an option. And rattata, welp... if they raise the wild pokémon levels, it won't be a problem anymore.

I would like the breeding, but someone said "it would ruin the economy of the game". I can't see how, honestly. Seeing Ditto being completely useless makes me really sad. The economy of the game would change obviously, but saying it would be ruined it's just weird. I mean, it would just be the same at the game, you need to spend hours and hours to get a perfect pokémon with ivs, evs and nature. So they will cost A LOT. Now the game is very luck based. You need luck to find a good ivs pokémon, you can't work on it. You find it (Luck) you buy it (Economy).

Someone else said that Pokémmo is ruined for that. Welp, i played that game a bit, but i didn't like it for others reason, surely not the economy. This is more custom made by the mappers, dresses and stuff that i really love and made me invite friends to it. Dammit, i even spent money on it as soon as i could, and i'm usually not the type who spends money on the game (Yeah i bought my lovely kimono and swimsuits :Angel: ).

I didn't ask why exp share is disabled, but i think it's unfair to see that you get HALF of the exp being loss if you change your pokémon. I didn't do that the whole game and today, when i went with my Cubone at Seafoam (Needed a pokémon with false swipe) i noticed that. Lvl 39 Golduck giving something like 20k experience if you kill it solo, and when i swapped pokémon they took 9k? Why's that? Only 2k exp on Cubone and 7 on the one who killed it? Where did those 10 k went? :confused:

Sorry for the long post, i still love the game tho, or i wouldn't even waste time in typing here, keep up with the good work! :Heart:

This complaint is pointless..complaining about it is like ignorance for something new...have you ever tried any online game?? Really ever??in mmo there are always a good place to raise lvs plus the there is always an exp boost..so why complain about it, also tm isnt dropped, you stole items either consumble or equipments from wild pokemons...