Server Countdown?

Ethaliwyr

As the title says. I see that out of nowhere sometimes you guys just bring it off out of the blue. Was wondering if that would be a good idea to introduce this or not.

Sometimes I guess you won't know when to actually do this or not but maybe work it out or something.

Have a little notification broadcast in the chat.

EDIT: Have it show about 5 minutes or so before you guys think you will cut it off and a estimate of when it will be back up.

Server related crashes are impossible to detect, therefore a warning is impossible to announce prior to its downtime. Same goes for its reboot time. Scheduled maintenance shutdowns are usually given 10 minutes prior.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

32256 Server related crashes are impossible to detect, therefore a warning is impossible to announce prior to its downtime. Same goes for its reboot time. Scheduled maintenance shutdowns are usually given 10 minutes prior.

Oh so there is a message given prior to scheduled stuff.

32256 Server related crashes are impossible to detect, therefore a warning is impossible to announce prior to its downtime. Same goes for its reboot time. Scheduled maintenance shutdowns are usually given 10 minutes prior.

Oh so there is a message given prior to scheduled stuff.

They usually appear as System messages (green text). If you haven't noticed/ignored the announcement and continued with your progress, a rollback is guaranteed for you.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.