Survey: Shadow Tag and Regenerator

Celestic

Guest SugarRed9
221354 shadow tag no, regenerator no. Banned Gothitelle

The one who said about team building. i just curious what strategy that can counter shadow tag gothielle for now.

Smogon create those rules to make sure people can fight fair and enjoy the game.

And for the one who said just build a team around that strategy actually makes me laugh. It's the same to say that all people must have gothitelle and slowbro on their pvp team.

If you have trouble to counter Gothithelle, just build a team where Gothithelle cannot sweep your team - and god please, stop complaining about this pokemon. If you cant deal with it, just THINK ABOUT IT. Most of you just keep stalling like noobs, and people are now responding with a trapper - too bad ! Change your way of playing, you will see, Gothi will disappear - but will come back to prevent full stalling.

This is not smogon. This is PRO. Its not the same meta-game. No comparison can be made on the banned tiers and so on.

This is why I can't take them seriously. They want to play super stall and pp stall all day, and as soon as someone finds a way to counter that boring play style they complain and cry on the forums. Learn to adapt. It's a skill that will not only help you in pro, it's a skill that will help you in life.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No on both abilities.

Don't ban something just because your stalling and wall strategies are no longer working. Find a work around and build a team to counter those abilities instead. I know some people always hate stalling teams, including me. And when we find a work around to counter those annoying walls, the wall users start to complain and even suggesting a ban.

If you're referring to Smogon, it won't be valid for now. Stalling team itself is quiet hard to beat now without some items working, like choice items. Most of the time you just gotta use status moves, attack, switch and so on until your opponent run out of physical attackers, and you can sweep them with a single blissey (together with some other walls in some cases).. So without those items working, it's just fair to keep abilities like shadow tag usable.

Also, Gothitelle isn't that easy to find. It requires quiet a lot of efforts to find a decent one.

Since we cannot see the pokemon each opponent has like in showdown it's impossible to predict a shadow tag switch in therefore making it a win-win situation for the Shadow Tag user.

Well.. In that case, what if the situation is the other way around? We can't see if our opponent has a Blissey either, so we battle "normally" up to the point where we only have special attackers left in our team. Any ways to counter the Blissey by then? Gengar with Taunt might work for seismic toss Blisseys, but not with Special Attacker ones. The only solution is to keep a physical attacker alive in case your opponent has Blissey, and you can just do the same for Shadow Tag Gothitelle.

Well.. In that case, what if the situation is the other way around? We can't see if our opponent has a Blissey either, so we battle "normally" up to the point where we only have special attackers left in our team. Any ways to counter the Blissey by then? Gengar with Taunt might work for seismic toss Blisseys, but not with Special Attacker ones. The only solution is to keep a physical attacker alive in case your opponent has Blissey, and you can just do the same for Shadow Tag Gothitelle.

With the difference that in that case you switch out your special attacker and send in the physical to scare blissey.

In the Gothitelle scenario, you lose your tank for free and she can just switch out when you send your physical attacker. That's a pokemon killed for free for the opponent. Also, if you run another or more tanks, you are never going to be able to play them because of Gothitelle coming in. Shadow Tag is a broken ability and it needs to go. Countering a problem (stall being too strong) with another problem (shadow tag being broken and unhealthy) isn't the solution.

Gothitelle greatly threatens balanced team too, not stall only.

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

Guest SugarRed9

With the difference that in that case you switch out your special attacker and send in the physical to scare blissey.

In the Gothitelle scenario, you lose your tank for free and she can just switch out when you send your physical attacker. That's a pokemon killed for free for the opponent. Also, if you run another or more tanks, you are never going to be able to play them because of Gothitelle coming in. Shadow Tag is a broken ability and it needs to go. Countering a problem (stall being too strong) with another problem (shadow tag being broken and unhealthy) isn't the solution.

It's the same strategy though. After your physical sweepers are down, people just switch out blissey and a regenerator pokemon to pp stall. TBh, it's not fun to play against either, but I'd rather lose to a gotheille than a pp staller. Honestly both are different play styles people abuse in this game and quite frankley they are both boring. Pvp will not be truely balanced until we have all abillities, moves, and items coded. That's just something you have to accept as a player since the game is still in development.

As integer said :

"More items will be introduced in the future. And PRO is not a battle simulator where you can use your desired Pokes and Items anytime you want. You gotta put some efforts to build a decent team that can overpower your opponents. One of the factors that makes PRO PvP competitive is the efforts you put to get Items, Pokemons, and Moves. Unlike leftovers and berries, Focus Sashes can be really dangerous if used by Pokes with high damage but low defense which are supposed to faint in one hit. Considering its effect, we intended to make it rarer, while on the other hand it's not really impossible to stock it up."

so i don't think banning shadow tag or regenerator is a wise choice, if u don't like it, just join it or find ways to beat it :Crazy:

if u think shadow tag Gothitelle or regenerator slowbro are op, just go get a shadow tag Gothitelle or regenerator slowbro on ur team and see what's gonna happen :y:

i have used shadow tag Gothitelle and regenerator slowbro on my pvp team, and i am very sure that they have weakness and are not undefeatable

finally i decided to sell those two pokemons and not using them anymore just because i don't like slow, stall style battle

so i am not the one who says don't banning shadow tag Gothitelle or regenerator slowbro just because i got them in my team

recently i think spore h.a breloom is op, so i gonna get myself a spore h.a breloom though i do think "spore" should be banned haha

but if it's not gonna be banned. it's ok, just find myself a breloom instead of keeping complaining about it.

u know, it's just wasting time

Switching to Physical Pokemon to scare Blissey isn't that simple, your Physical might be hit by thunder wave or toxic upon switching in, and that means your physical sweeper will be nothing against your opponent's sweeper. Well.. Unless you have Excadrill or Lum berry in your team. You got a point when you said that Gothitelle greatly threatens balanced team too, not stall only. But we have not much options to counter stall teams at the moment. So either keep both strategies, or ban both Shadow Tag and Stall teams. There won't be that much Gothitelles if people moved on from Stall team anyways..

It's the same strategy though. After your physical sweepers are down, people just switch out blissey and a regenerator pokemon to pp stall. TBh, it's not fun to play against either, but I'd rather lose to a gotheille than a pp staller. Honestly both are different play styles people abuse in this game and quite frankley they are both boring. Pvp will not be truely balanced until we have all abillities, moves, and items coded. That's just something you have to accept as a player since the game is still in development.

Well said, Sir/Lady! +1 :y:

That PP-Stall is even allowed.^^

224660 As integer said :

"More items will be introduced in the future. And PRO is not a battle simulator where you can use your desired Pokes and Items anytime you want. You gotta put some efforts to build a decent team that can overpower your opponents. One of the factors that makes PRO PvP competitive is the efforts you put to get Items, Pokemons, and Moves.

+1 This is Pro, not Showdown. :)

Im happy to see finally more ppl who understand the concept of the game. :Heart:

And i agree with regen or shadow tag, both strategies have their weak points.

224872 So either keep both strategies, or ban both Shadow Tag and Stall teams. There won't be that much Gothitelles if people moved on from Stall team anyways..

Yeah, i kinda agree with u.:) But im against banning at all. If we ban Shadow tag and to be fair banning Stall-Teams other pokemons getting stronger and are op and need a ban. And so on.... until we have to fight with Caterpie vs Ratatta cause evolved pokes are to strong for pvp. Kappa

What we need is pvp-items and moves working like pursuit what helps vs slowbro and gothitelle. But i read in another thread (cant find atm) that thor said smth about we can get pvp-items soonish.

I think gothitelle comes to punish stall team lol. At first i hate her too, but when i face a stall team i hate them more lol. So if u want to use stall team with easy win, u must ready to get bitter lose from gothitelle too. Even a defensive set politoed with 60 ev in spatk can 2 OHKO Gothitelle with Hydro pump.

I hope they'll make a more decent place to hunt gothita ^^, so it'll be as easy as hunting chansey

• 3 months later...

Recently, I faced with the same problem with double voting through different ip via proxy advanced.name or some else. Now I think of how best to deal with it.