Survey: Shadow Tag and Regenerator

Celestic

219578 No mega stones? No Counter to Shadow tag, ban it.

It's not even a debate, the people defending it are those with Shadow tagged Gothitelle's giving them 400+ rating.

Regenerator isn't all that bad because you can just whittle them down.

But if it means we can ban shadow tag, ban them both. PLEASE.

I think we should simply just ban all Smogon rated Ubers, I don't see why they are not banned? Please explain.

The game should be focused mainly around OU PvP.

I pray all the day for a Mod who think like this.

Share the same idea.

Funny thing is, the guys I saw here who defending Gothitelle, definitely have one in their ranked team and couldn't even get to top25 :Nervous:

Yeah, blame all the players who arent top 25. Who cares the majority of players, if they dont know how to play pvp. We are all so nooby, why we even talk in this thread or any thread related to pvp. Shame on us. :n: Who cares ppl, who doesnt play pvp or super tryhard to get top 25 for clothes, cause they tired of stall-teams and +1h games vs ppl who think 3million minutes?

I have a even better idea, u make the rules for whole pvp in PRO if u reach place one at then end of season! Thats the reward, so new rules every season, wouldnt be that great?

Im so convinced now, and i better stop now.... :boot:

But that comment, bruh...

219957 How comes nobody brings this up; banning a poke also means wasting players effort of hunting it, training, or buying it?

Tbh thats my main concern, i already said that in the 4 other threads.^^ Cause this here is MMO and u dont click pokes to level 100 and click evs and moves as u want. U pay time and money for it. So many ppl getting upset if u ban a ability/poke who works as its supposed to work.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

219578 No mega stones? No Counter to Shadow tag, ban it.

It's not even a debate, the people defending it are those with Shadow tagged Gothitelle's giving them 400+ rating.

Regenerator isn't all that bad because you can just whittle them down.

But if it means we can ban shadow tag, ban them both. PLEASE.

I think we should simply just ban all Smogon rated Ubers, I don't see why they are not banned? Please explain.

The game should be focused mainly around OU PvP.

Share the same idea.

Funny thing is, the guys I saw here who defending Gothitelle, definitely have one in their ranked team and couldn't even get to top25 :Nervous:

How about have an actual argument instead of pulling rank? Why not explain your thoughts? This is a discussion, and you think a top 25 player like yourself would have something to contribute to the discussion instead of coming around and using your rank to bully others.

All you have is your strawman argument.

Nothing is wrong with these abilities. It's the handicapped game. So many pokemon are rendered unusable because they don't have items/moves, and teams that have only partial components working have to scrapped altogether. What you're asking for is a broken game to break itself more. lol

It's like fighting against plated armor before the invention of the english longbow.

PRO PVP pokemon directory made by me

Pearl's Guitar SHop- My Trade Thread (Blue server)

[glow=red]It can't get Eddie Vedder than this.[/glow]

Share the same idea.

How about have an actual argument instead of pulling rank? Why not explain your thoughts? This is a discussion, and you think a top 25 player like yourself would have something to contribute to the discussion instead of coming around and using your rank to bully others.

Here is my argument:

57537cec89604be2af5134be3be333c6.png

7ac1ba852d8d426bb7048477cf764738.png

It is a banned Pokemon on the REAL COMPETITIVE GAME. A game where ALL POKEMON, ABILTIES, MOVES AND ITEMS WORK.

If it is banned where everything is possible, SURELY it will be even STRONGER on a game where it's main counters.

-Mega Stone Gengar

are banned.

Honestly, enough said.

All Pokemon banned from real competitive have been banned for a reason and should be banned here too.

You don't need to ban Gothitelle, simply ban shadow tag ability.

Oh and btw, I have a Gothitelle, I just know that it's extremely unfair. I'm not simply whining, I've saw it's ridiculous power.

This is PRO. This is not the original games. This is not all based on Smogon. Smogon does not rule us. Smogon does not decide the entire game. At the end of the day, its the staff's decision and if they really wanted to ban ubers they would have by now. Also, lets not forget like 90% of Ubers is legendaries.

Best%20One_zps7tgag9fl.gif

Share the same idea.

Actually, I did. But people don't seem to be listening.

You know why Mega Gengar got an urgent ban upon releasing? Not because it's fast or powerful but the ability to trap and kill almost any wall w. perish song + protect and sub, thus discourage ppl to run stalls.

A pkm which have power to put a bane for a play style should be banned. And I think Gothitelle should share the same fate here in PRO.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

219987 cá bống

Smogon governs the competitive world of Pokemon.

When you watch competitive tournaments they follow the rules that Smogon reiterates.

And, even then, if your complaint is that we don't follow Smogon, well it wasn't my only argument.

I also said that the Pokemon lacks any fluid counters due to the lack of availability of Pokemon within the game, stop trying to +1 your dumb Poke and let it die.

The Gothitelle I use is Adamant natured, with bad IVs. Yet it still shits all over any team with a wall, that's just not fair.

Here is my argument:

57537cec89604be2af5134be3be333c6.png

7ac1ba852d8d426bb7048477cf764738.png

It is a banned Pokemon on the REAL COMPETITIVE GAME. A game where ALL POKEMON, ABILTIES, MOVES AND ITEMS WORK.

If it is banned where everything is possible, SURELY it will be even STRONGER on a game where it's main counters.

-Mega Stone Gengar

are banned.

Honestly, enough said.

All Pokemon banned from real competitive have been banned for a reason and should be banned here too.

You don't need to ban Gothitelle, simply ban shadow tag ability.

Oh and btw, I have a Gothitelle, I just know that it's extremely unfair. I'm not simply whining, I've saw it's ridiculous power.

Man i dont know why im doing this but i feel i repeat myself over and over again. xd

1. No matter what, this is PRO, not Smogon. If u want smogon rules than make pokes easy accessable, implement breeding and make ditto work. And all the items/abilitis/moves pls.

So what even means uber? Isnt Uber based on procentual usage of pokes in Showdown? Dont we have to ban several other pokes into an "Uber" Tier in pro? Btw Tiers dont exist here in pro. If we dont use percental usage, what else do we do?

Do we simply copy smogon? Like we use all ev-splits and movesets in the guides? Why think about a strategy which is unique for PRO?

And u know why just all the legendary pokes are banned? Yeah cause they arent catchable. Im honest i wouldnt make so much trouble if guys want to ban regenerator. Cause its part of stall-teams, which i dont like.(1h+ games) But i also wouldnt write anywhere to ban Regenerater or support a ban...

I just googled your link, did u even read first posts of users about that info? Most of them: Uhh i dont understand for 6v6, for 2v2 or 3v3 makes sense but for 6v6, idk....

But ok, i even looked other links after googling "gothitelle ban", and in 2nd link i found:

Short quote from the User in that external forum:

So, the basic idea behind his ban besides nonsense (calm mind sweep lol) is that he can trick 1 instrument with 100% acc to 1 stall pkmn while stomaching at least 40% hp (not counting srocks), meaning if he comes again against any pkmn he will be killed b4 doing much. Wow, that's OP!

Now, i haven't used gothitelle, so i'm not a gothitelle fun, but i'm not into banning random pkmn 4 the lolz. The meta after the last bans was stable, there's no need to ban things not broken like mega sableye and gothitelle.

And in another thread here in pro someone else already posted a link. U havent probably seen it so i post it again: https://www.smogon.com/articles/ou-suspect-sableye-shadow-tag

I wont discuss this completly again, read my posts in "List of Pokemons not to be used in Ranked battle"

But if u read the whole article (thx!), u might notice that the move trick + scarf + Mega-sableye was a big, big part of banning gothitelle into Uber. So and guess, what we dont have here in PROOOOOOOOOOO, not smogen, just that u all get in your head in CAPS, PROOOOO. Ok xd

Yeah right, mega-stones, a working move called Trick and Choice scarf.

And if u cant deal with that, u might consider playing "real competitive pokemon", as u like to call it, on showdown. And then wait until all the moves/abilities/items/pokemon are working like in Smogon/Shodown to return back to PvP in Pro.

And to repeat me one more time: Even in the moment all moves/abis etc pp are working in pro u have to take care with banning pokes cause ppl investing time training/finding/buying pokes, cause this is MMO-based poke-game.

:Heart:

banning spore breloom,amoongus pls, spore breloom,amoongus is way more op

or just ban "spore"

brainless move 100% acc to put pokemon to fall asleep

i dunno why this brainless move be created :Cry:

even more op than "Dark Void"

if u don't bring any grass type, or heal bell pokemons just get ready to get rekt so hard

Shadow tag ban no for sure,Gothitelle ban maybe yes...but there are many strong mechanics that should be banned before st and Gothitelle.

Poke with spore arent unbalanced but we should have some clauses...make all the opponent team sleep spamming a skill isnt ok.

Follow smogon shouldnt be a bad thing(maybe not all) , If poke get banned by smogon there is a logic reason. And dont say to me things like speed boost blaziken, mega gengar and Gothitelle(just for tell some) are balanced.