Pet peeves thread

Zaugr

Do you have any? If so, what are your biggest in this game?

I have a few, and they mostly revolve around the trading community. A lot of the times the trading community is great, they're helpful, patient, the trade is done quick, or it doesn't happen but everyone is pleasant about it and gets on with their day. Too often though, people can also be rude, selfish, and immature.

1- People that wts something telling you one price and when you finally get to them they suddenly tell you another. Usually a much higher and unreasonable one.

For example:

Me: "100k?"

Them: "Fine"

Me: "I'll come to you, where are you?"

Them: "Golden rod"

Me: "Ok ^-^"

(goes to them)

Me: "Here"

Them: "150k."

Me: "err what?"

Me: "you said 100k????"

This is probably my biggest. I get some people may do this because of other offers, but in my experience those people will usually tell you. These people just know they can often get away with selling the higher price (a price they probably wouldn't be successful advertising in the trade chat) because they've just made you travel all the way, and no one likes wasting time. Which you end up doing because of these people if you don't agree to the higher price. And the thing is, you can almost always tell they're ashamed of doing it.

It's an incredibly cheap and immature tactic, and if you do this I sincerely hope you get scammed out of your most treasured poke.

2- When you're talking to someone selling something, and you offer a price and they suddenly, immediately quit the chat / people that don't know how to communicate but instead use this language of constantly quitting the chat any time you say something they don't like. For example:

Me: "200k?"

Them: (Quits the chat)

Me: "Ok... 250k?"

Them: "k, thats better"

Me: "I'm in viridian"

Me: "Er... do you want me to come to you?"

Them: "yes"

Me: "Ok that's fine, could you wait one minute tho while I finish this trade with the other guy?"

Me: "ok... ill come now then"

Them: (silence)

(I go do the trade)

Me: "Thank you"

I've seriously spoken to people like this. It's utterly aggravating. LIKE WHY? WORK WITH ME HERE, you rude, contemptuous ahole. You're the one selling. If it's too low, SAY. That could easily be my STARTING offer, and it usually is. If it's been sold already, again, you could at least say. COMMUNICATION. And have a bit of respect! You don't have to like me or get to know me, but you can still act like a decent, mature human being. And as a bonus, these people don't say thank you or see ya. And that's not really a big pet peeve of mine, but it's always nice. I'm always left with a sour taste in my mouth when people just quit as soon as the trade is over. Maybe that's my problem, but it doesn't cost much to be polite.

218221 Do you have any? If so, what are your biggest in this game?

I have a few, and they mostly revolve around the trading community. A lot of the times the trading community is great, they're helpful, patient, the trade is done quick, or it doesn't happen but everyone is pleasant about it and gets on with their day. Too often though, people can also be rude, selfish, and immature.

1- People that wts something telling you one price and when you finally get to them they suddenly tell you another. Usually a much higher and unreasonable one.

For example:

Me: "100k?"

Them: "Fine"

Me: "I'll come to you, where are you?"

Them: "Golden rod"

Me: "Ok ^-^"

(goes to them)

Me: "Here"

Me: "err what?"

Me: "you said 100k????"

This is probably my biggest. I get some people may do this because of other offers, but in my experience those people will usually tell you. These people just know they can often get away with selling the higher price (a price they probably wouldn't be successful advertising in the trade chat) because they've just made you travel all the way, and no one likes wasting time. Which you end up doing because of these people if you don't agree to the higher price. And the thing is, you can almost always tell they're ashamed of doing it.

It's an incredibly cheap and immature tactic, and if you do this I sincerely hope you get scammed out of your most treasured poke.

For this case, you can report player with evidence in this https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=70 and they will be punished

That second example you mentioned is partly the reason I don't really want to deal with the trade chat anymore.

All these self-proclaimed top businessmen need to get off their high horses and at least answer you properly if your price doesn't meet their requirements. Not just quit the message or don't answer at all. Excuse me that I don't know all the prices in the market and what I'm supposed to offer.

Also, all the people that want to buy something absurd and they always add "pm me fast!!!" at the end of their message.

"Wtb epic protean froakie pm me fast!!!" OK :Ambivalent:

[CENTER][I]"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."[/I][/CENTER]

218224 "algum br?"

This triggered my PTSD

I also had a trade once where i offered like 150k and it all went good and like 10 mins later he said someone offered 200k and i said oh well nvm then. 2 Minutes later

"Oh it was just my friend trolling with me hehe" and it was back to 150k.

222443 That second example you mentioned is partly the reason I don't really want to deal with the trade chat anymore.

All these self-proclaimed top businessmen need to get off their high horses and at least answer you properly if your price doesn't meet their requirements. Not just quit the message or don't answer at all. Excuse me that I don't know all the prices in the market and what I'm supposed to offer.

Also, all the people that want to buy something absurd and they always add "pm me fast!!!" at the end of their message.

"Wtb epic protean froakie pm me fast!!!" OK :Ambivalent:

Agreeing with this. All the people who tell you to PM them an offer and then just quit the chat hoping you increase the price and keep doing so until they feel the price is high enough rather than just discussing stuff.