Spectating - why is this not a thing?!

Guest Technitrose

Guest Technitrose

The idea's been pitched for a while, but I'd honestly wish for nothing more than for this to be complimented. I use to play pokemmo, (yes I know this isn't pokemmo, but that's not the point) and the spectate feature is what really made it feel like I was playing with other people. If I was ever stumped on a gym, I could watch others do it to see how they completed it, learning off of my peers. Spectate also enhanced my experience that I had with my friends while playing pokemmo. It allowed me to watch my friends fight trainers/gyms, and over all have a more sociable experience, instead of just having my friend explain the fight to me, while all I'm able to do is stand around and listen while I play the game myself. It would also open up many options for pvp, since unless you're playing this game with only one other person (or by yourself), there will be an odd guy out whenever you and your friends pvp, one guy that doesn't get to do anything other than sit around doing nothing. If spectating existed, that person could become a part of the combat, talk about what's happening, have a voice that may even alter the way the fight plays out though his commentary. I don't really want to go on for too long, because I have too many things to say about why spectating is a long deserved feature for this game, and why it would be a great addition.

TL;DR - spectating is awesome, it should be added to the game asap.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

220197 It's not in the game yet because there are more important things to do.

Like what? Spectating battles in a massive mmo environment seems pretty important.

like fixing server stability, coding moves and ability, upgrading pc storage, guild base,auction house,

• 4 months later...