Spectating - why is this not a thing?!

Guest Technitrose

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An ingame spectator system would indeed be an amazing addition and really fuel non-ranked (guild vs guild / friend battles / guild tournaments) (and ranked) PvP. However an alternative would be as Gambilicious stated, streaming on Twitch, which would be the only feasible alternative for now, and likely the foreseeable future.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

317644 I think it's good and bad because it does help you learn new techniques but on the other hand people can just steal your so I think it should only be for non-ranked battles, bosses and gyms just not PvP

rofl, we dont need spectate to copy teams

just look at yellow, revo was running tyranitar+excadrill in pvp and dominated like hell -> everybody copied his team

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

As I said on another thread, teams can be copied even without the spectate option. Pokemon is just the type of game where it is bound to happen. All you have to do is battle a good player and you can easily copy their teams. Almost every guild leaks the teams of players they have battles so you can easily copy it from your guild discord as well. Spectating gives everybody something to do in-game and I enjoy it more than battling at times. It would be beneficial to staff as well when they decide to do more tournaments so people aren't required to record their battles. There are also many guild PvP events that occur that would greatly appreciate a spectate feature so they can watch their guildmates battle. Streaming on Twitch is something not everybody can do. Barely anybody does it and it is just not a reliable way to watch other people battle. This feature wouldn't hurt the game at all and I have not seen anybody list a reason why it would. :y:

Good suggestion.

PvP should be always heavily focused on any MMO. This game is no exception. If there is a PvP community, the game will never die out.

I joined this game just a few weeks ago and I feel that this game is too PvE focused. I'm not bashing, for me the PvE of this game is a 10/10 with a lot of stuff to do and props to the creators that don't do this for a living but still make great content.

However, the PvE doesn't last forever. It's a gradual thing and very unstable. It depends on the free time of the creators. Sometimes it takes weeks to make new concent, sometimes months...and that makes people mad (without a good reason but that's how the human being works). So people stop playing.

My point of bringing this up is -> If you focus on PvP, people will be more patient with the PvE aspect of the game, therefore more happy players, therefore staff has less players to hear about their complaints. Everybody wins in my honest opinion.

And the most important part - PvP just depends on the playerbase that plays it, they create the meta. If there are no bugs in PvP, all moves and abilities work like they should to, you'll never see them complaining. It's like raising a child until it gets a stable job - after that moment you don't need to worry about him/her, it's independent and it'll follow its course.

However, there are a bunch of moves, abilities and items that don't work, which force, in my opinion, an unhealthy meta where teams that aren't fun to play with and against are the ones that win the most - yeah I'm talking about stall and overdefensive teams. It's ok to play them, it's not ok if they're overpowered due to the lack of offensive options to actually make the pokemon battle entertaining.

And with this word, entertaining, I start to be more ontopic. Everyone plays this because it's entertaining. Since it's a MMO, it's much more enjoyable if you play with friends or just people you casual speak ingame. So spectating is a huge deal. The game is mostly about battles. Showing to your friends that you are the better battler, the better pokemon master and all that good stuff that the anime tries to input into our minds. So battling is kinda of a sport. And in every sport there are the players and the spectators. The spectators spectacte (apology of the redundance) because it's fun, and I believe that this feature would affect most of the playerbase of this game. Not only the competitive players would spectacte but also the casual player would. The argument of people stealing teams is pure non-sense. The game has many years of developed metagame, if you're the first to come up with that team that works competitively - you're trully an innovator. However, I believe that people deserve their privacy if they request it, so a simple button in the options saying "Deny spectating of my battles" would solve the issue.

Apologies for the wall, had to get this out of my system. This game has huge potential, would love to see reach its peak that in my opinion is PvP completed. And apologies for possible grammar errors, I'm not english native.

317831 PvP should be always heavily focused on any MMO. This game is no exception. If there is a PvP community, the game will never die out.

I joined this game just a few weeks ago and I feel that this game is too PvE focused. I'm not bashing, for me the PvE of this game is a 10/10 with a lot of stuff to do and props to the creators that don't do this for a living but still make great content.

However, the PvE doesn't last forever. It's a gradual thing and very unstable. It depends on the free time of the creators. Sometimes it takes weeks to make new concent, sometimes months...and that makes people mad (without a good reason but that's how the human being works). So people stop playing.

My point of bringing this up is -> If you focus on PvP, people will be more patient with the PvE aspect of the game, therefore more happy players, therefore staff has less players to hear about their complaints. Everybody wins in my honest opinion.

And the most important part - PvP just depends on the playerbase that plays it, they create the meta. If there are no bugs in PvP, all moves and abilities work like they should to, you'll never see them complaining. It's like raising a child until it gets a stable job - after that moment you don't need to worry about him/her, it's independent and it'll follow its course.

However, there are a bunch of moves, abilities and items that don't work, which force, in my opinion, an unhealthy meta where teams that aren't fun to play with and against are the ones that win the most - yeah I'm talking about stall and overdefensive teams. It's ok to play them, it's not ok if they're overpowered due to the lack of offensive options to actually make the pokemon battle entertaining.

And with this word, entertaining, I start to be more ontopic. Everyone plays this because it's entertaining. Since it's a MMO, it's much more enjoyable if you play with friends or just people you casual speak ingame. So spectating is a huge deal. The game is mostly about battles. Showing to your friends that you are the better battler, the better pokemon master and all that good stuff that the anime tries to input into our minds. So battling is kinda of a sport. And in every sport there are the players and the spectators. The spectators spectacte (apology of the redundance) because it's fun, and I believe that this feature would affect most of the playerbase of this game. Not only the competitive players would spectacte but also the casual player would. The argument of people stealing teams is pure non-sense. The game has many years of developed metagame, if you're the first to come up with that team that works competitively - you're trully an innovator. However, I believe that people deserve their privacy if they request it, so a simple button in the options saying "Deny spectating of my battles" would solve the issue.

Apologies for the wall, had to get this out of my system. This game has huge potential, would love to see reach its peak that in my opinion is PvP completed. And apologies for possible grammar errors, I'm not english native.

I couldn't have said it any better than this. 100% Agreed. PvP is lacking and has been lacking for quite some time now. PvE is perfect the way it is. Three regions with many quests and boss battles. PvP on the other hand, like you said, has many things not working. I believe in this game too but PvP has to be the main concern considering this is an MMO. Thank you for typing this up. I enjoyed reading something that makes perfect sense.