Guide on areas people often get stuck in

Laishiou

So many people are asking randomly how to do x or how to do y cause they get stuck in an area so the purpose of this guide is to manage those areas, this guide will continue to expand as i get further in the game and at present im walking around the map and going through in order things people get stuck with

1. At the start of the game although most people work this out quickly, you interact with an eevee to progress through to route 1. However after talking to eevee you are unable to progress

- Talk to the npc Jackson which is standing around where the eevee was but from memory not exactly on the spot. You will be able to recognise the difference between an npc and a player due to having yellow text over their name making it easier to find Jackson.

2. I can't go further then Viridian City

- People really don't read dialogue but it really can make progressing in games a lot smoother and void of random questions anyway, Firstly you will want to go to the pokeschool and there are two signs to make it easier to recognise this building

1. The building is left of the pokemart

2. The building has a garchomp statue in it

- When you are in here you want to go to the bottom floor and talk to the npc blocking you off from Jackson, after you need to talk to Jackson. Although beating him is optional, you can loose he does have a level 8 eevee

- If you loose to Jackson, you are required to additionally go back to the first town in the game, go into the house to the top right, talk to Jacksons mother and then from memory go back to the pokeschool and talk to the npc at the front counter. You Should now be able to progress onwards ^^

3. Help I'm stuck in the viridian maze

- There are already several guides for this puzzle so i wont be adding much, a link of one of the already existing guides: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=5049

- It is highly recommended to talk to the youngster south of the maze outside and get an escape rope

- The rocket grunt you are rescueing a pidgey for is located to the bottom left, the npc gives you 15 pokeballs for saving his pidgey

- The tm and free pokemon are located to the far bottom right and mid right in the case of the tm

- If you are trying to get back, try to get into the middle and as far left of the map as you can then head down and right a bit to get back to the entrance

4. How do i grow my own berries in this game?

- You can't, I do not have the exact reset time however once a week all berries respawn

5. The First Gym Leader is too hard because i went with a fire type starter

- You can brute force it with an overleveled probably even at the level charmander

- From memory, you get a pokemon from the viridian maze starting at level 8, this will either be a horsea, growlithe or bellsprout, a pokemon of this level abusing weakness should be enough to solo the gym maybe give it 1 or 2 levels at most outside

- You have a chance to find a poliwag on the route left of Viridian City aswell as a mankey. both of these pokemon can be leveled to have a type advantage

6. I cant find the research book for bill

- You need to do this quest if you want to get the cut hm

- Just simply look under the pillow on bills bed and you will find it

7. I have a big type disadvantage against the 2nd gym please help!

- You can obtain a Pikachu to level in Viridian Forest

- You can obtain a bellsprout to level in route 24

- building a sweeper early on with good coverage to manage the elite four late game is more so recommended compared to taking the easy route out, an example of getting one started is getting a gyrados to about level 20, you are able to get a magikarp in the pokemon center from a trainer before mt moon. (credits to zulkir)

8. Some Trainers Aren't giving me exp

- Yes i miss being able to abuse a boss to just level off them to. In this game, trainers are designed to not give exp after the first battle and there are a few that are designed to not give exp at all.

- instances of npcs designed to give no npc is the person owning several magikarps in cinnabar mansion and the elite four

9. Where do i obtain the bike voucher?

- Firstly, you should know that the reason behind this is so the game has an additional gold sink. without gold sinks in mmos the market becomes too inflated and it becomes too hard for newer players to even use the market

- In order to obtain a bike voucher, you must pay the youngster 75k inside the building right of the pokemon center in vermillion city, he has a ditto with him

10. Why cant i breed my pokemon

- The developers wont be adding breeding to the game due to it ruining the abundance of pokemon and the effort people put in to find pokemon of good ivs

11. What is this Pumpkin King npc for

- I lack the knowledge on his purpose however i have been told you need at least 1 lv 100 to do anything with him

-(credits to zulkir) when versing the pumpking king he has 6 level 120 shuckles, upon defeating him he will give you one as a gift although i am not sure if their level is reduced to 100 or remains at 120

12. I'm Stuck on the ss anne quest

- go to the kitchen above the floor your room is in on the opposite side down the bottom left of the map

- Find a Pecha Berry, this should be located in one of the bins in the kitchen, otherwise it will be a bin in the ball

- Talk to the npc right at the entrance inside the kitchen untill he tells you to go see the pharmacist

- Talk to the pharmacist whilst you have a pecha berry in your inventory located above the floor the kitchen is on in the room closest to the right staircase, you can recognise the room due to a kadabra existing in it

- Head out and go to the stairs at the bottom left of the map. From here, go to the far left door and then head up stairs here and continue heading left to find a blissy. Interact with this blissy and it should give you a secretpotion

- Finally Talk to the captain located in the stairs next to the pharmacist, giving him the secret potion you will be gifted the hm cut

13. I'm stuck on the puzzle in Lt. Surge's gym

- Find one switch, in this game the switches stay in the same place.

- Find the second switch, unlike in normal pokemon games the switch doesnt have to be adjacent to the first one, to make up for this the first switch is always in the same spot

14. I can't find the HM Flash which i need to progress

- Talk to the npc at the entrance of diglet cave and he will let you through by now

- head all the way through diglet cave and when coming out the exit head far south.

- in the building between routes there should be a scientist npc, granting you have caught 10 pokemon or more he will give you the HM

15. Why cant i enter Pokemon Tower?

- I do not know the exact trigger point however clearing the fourth gym is enough progress to get in here.

- The fourth gym can be located in the city left of lavender town named Celadon City

16. Where do i find evolution stones?

- Go to the npc in Celadon City located in floor 4 of the department store

- Please note he only sells fire,leaf,water and thunder stones each costing 2100

17. I need help with the team rocket base in Celadon City!

- Although you should have already done this when asking this question, to initiate the quest you must first speak to the cop located below the pokemon center who will give you an eevee to use in gathering evidence against team rocket

- Head to the building with a big sign on it that looks to be shaped like the standard picture for a diamond

- Head to the top right corner

- Take the lift key when the scientist leaves the area he leaves it on the table

- Go to b4f and battle jackson

- Interact with the set of boxes in the right and exit when no team rocket member is standing watch on the exit area

- Head far north, the left building is the exit which is useful if you need to go and heal your pokemon

- Head through the right building and head downstairs in the middle of the room or top middle of the map

- Take the sliding puzzle to a team rocket member you can fight who is gaurding the card key

- Head out of the sliding puzzle and to the right there should be an area which you can just walk down beating the team rocket members and eventually the scientist at the end, this should prompt you being able to interact with the big machines same as the one behind him if you arent already able to

- Find the elevator, i can't remember directions to this

- Head to b2 and look at the very top of the map for one wall tile without a shadow and interact with it

- Defeat giovanni and interact with the machines above him for items

- Head out of the hidden area and go to the far left of the map for a machine that contains an eevee

- Give the eevee to the officer outside of the entire base and the quest is done

- Bonus there oil drum object around where you fight Jackson contains 2 revives

18. I can't find the fourth gym

- The fourth gym is at the bottom on the right side of the big lane of water intersecting the town, there is a tree there you will have to cut

- Please note that when exiting the gym after defeating the leader you will have to battle red however this is a battle you are allowed to loose

19. A snorlax is blocking my path i cant progress to the 5th gym

- In order to obtain the pokeflute it is now time to go to the pokemon tower and make your way to its summit.

20. Where do i obtain the Super Rod, i can't find my beloved shellder without one!

- Firstly in order to obtain a super rod you will be required to obtain the good and old rod

- You can obtain the old rod from a house in vermillion (credits to zulkir)

- You can obtain the good rod in Fuchsia City however you do require the old rod and it costs 10k

- The super rod can be obtained in Olivine City from what i have been told and it costs 75k

21. Where do i get the soul badge?

- the city south of lavander town holds this badge in its poison type gym

22. Where do i obtain lemonade for the gaurds to get into Saffron City

- In Celadon City the department stores top floor which you have to use the stairs to get to an elevator wont take you here there are two drink machines at the top which you can buy a lemonade from.

23. Team Rocket have set up again -_- any advice on easily maneuvering past their teleport puzzle?

- Unfortunetly this is hard to explain since it is purely based on memory since the developers love to block team rocket bases off after you have cleared them :<

- Start on the 5th or 6th floor i can't remember and head south to a section where there is a room to your right and left both with a team rocket member gaurding

- Take the teleporter in the left building and from here you should have a one way path straight to the people you have to manage

- Keep in mind you are allowed to loose to Gary and when you come back he will leave after talking to him so you can take on Giovanni

24. The Saffron City gym also has a teleport maze any advice?

- Firstly i will not be playing around too much with this so this route may not be the fastest to the gym leader

- Take the first teleporter

- take the bottom left teleporter

- take the top left teleporter

25. Where do i obtain surf?

- Located in Fuchsia City is the safari zone, please note that the entrance fee is 5000 and you get 20mins in this are so spend your time carefully

- Firstly in order to enter the safari zone you are required to go below the city onto the beach

- Talk to an npc named Victor which you can find by following the right border of the map

- Defeat the npc and talk to him, he should allow you to use the safari zone from here

- The map north of the start for safari zone should contain a house which has surf in it, you have 20mins to get there but it shouldnt be too hard ^^

26. Any advice on navigating the seafoam islands?

- Don't use any ladders, just keep heading right to the other exit which looks the same as the entrance

27. Catching Articuno is not possible?

- The developers have designed legendary pokemon to not be catched, i am not sure if that is going to be permanent or they will allow you to catch if for the sake of your pokedex.

- Some legendaries or just hard to encounter pokemon are snorlax and Mew

28. I'm stuck on Cinnabar Mansion

- Firstly, i cant remember however you may be required to speak to the officer in front of the gym in order to have the other officer let you in the mansion.

- The entrance you want to take is at the top of the island the bottom entrance is where you come out of after taking the wrong path and once you complete the puzzle

- To get to the puzzle area, head to the back of floor 2 there should be a staircase

- The officer will speak to you explaining how there are five doors, you will only see two initially but each single tile corridor leads to a different place

- In the three way corridor take the far right, being door 3 and you should be lead to the key

- With the key just talk to the officers and then head out, the exit is located on the bottom right of the map

29. Where is the 8th gym located?

- The gym is located in Viridian City

30. Mewtwo is too hard

- by this point you should have a sweeper at least in their mid 60s, if not you should be doing some grinding or you are going to struggle with the elite four, the most common way to deal with mewtwo is to damage it with a pokemon who is strong enough to take a few hits, mewtwos speed is relatively high and it isn't necessary to outspeed it if you build a high damage poke.

- unless you want to give yourself a hard time, it is recommend to use pokemon that focus on offense rather then setting up and stalling out, stall teams should be left for pvp.

31. Where is the Elite Four?

- Although once again i would assume most people searching for a pokemmo know this however, it is located to the left of Viridian City

- Once you enter a building to the far left you need to just head north from here and red will be gaurdian the entrance to the final dungeon before the elite four

- Please note once again, Red is not a mandatory battle in this part so you are able to loose the battle

32. How do i train for the elite four?

- The one place that you will see most crowded is victory road, that place is considered the best for training

- Another place to at least consider is cinnabar mansion or the surfing area that heads to pallet town, the reason due to these areas is that on victory road you will often encounter pokemon that have the ability sturdy which can be an annoyance

- Buying membership and spending some coins on the exp boost in the shop can help significantly for those people who can't stand hard work grinding

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. You sure you need to go back to talk to his mother? I didn't, though this was a few map updates ago.

5. Mine was level 7. Does this change, or is that a typo?

7. The Magikarp you buy at the Mt Moon pokemon center evolves into gyarados and learns bite at level 20, which is SE against Misty's Starmie. Magikarp requires very little xp to level so is easy to do so by switching, and Gyarados is very strong against everything all game long.

11. He has 6 level 120 Shuckles and gives you one when you beat him, he's incredibly easy to beat with a special attacker.

20. Old Rod is in Vermillion, don't remember which house exactly.

24. I've always done Saffron by starting in the bottom right in the first room with a trainer and move counter-clockwise around all the teleporters as it's easier to remember, but your route is shorter by 1 jump I think. BR, TR, TL, TL, BL is how it goes when you move counter-clockwise.

Something you didn't mention is that the easiest way to beat the 8th gym is to catch a Magnemite with Sturdy as an ability that knows thunderwave, as the pokemon you fight is much, much easier to chip down with revive spam once it's paralysed. This is assuming you have nothing that can fight it head on and actually outspeed it.

35946 2. You sure you need to go back to talk to his mother? I didn't, though this was a few map updates ago.

5. Mine was level 7. Does this change, or is that a typo?

7. The Magikarp you buy at the Mt Moon pokemon center evolves into gyarados and learns bite at level 20, which is SE against Misty's pokemon. Magikarp requires very little xp to level so is easy to do so by switching, and Gyarados is very strong against everything all game long.

11. He has 6 level 120 Shuckles and gives you one when you beat him, he's incredibly easy to beat with a special attacker.

20. Old Rod is in Vermillion, don't remember which house exactly.

24. I've always done Saffron by starting in the bottom right in the first room with a trainer and move counter-clockwise around all the teleporters as it's easier to remember, but your route is shorter by 1 jump I think. BR, TR, TL, TL, BL is how it goes when you move counter-clockwise.

Something you didn't mention is that the easiest way to beat the 8th gym is to catch a Magnemite with Sturdy as an ability that knows thunderwave, as the pokemon you fight is much, much easier to chip down with revive spam once it's paralysed. This is assuming you have nothing that can fight it head on and actually outspeed it.

2. you do need to go and talk to his mother if you loose the battle

5. not a typo just an estimate

7. bite is only super effective against the starmie yes whilst that is a idea, it is much easier to bring something in around lv 15 that has a type advantage against the whole gym and level it up through those trainers in my opinon

11. thank you will include this

20. thank you will also edit this

do people actually get stuck on the 8th gym? i will include it if so my blastoise found it easy ._.

359867. bite is only super effective against the starmie yes whilst that is a idea, it is much easier to bring something in around lv 15 that has a type advantage against the whole gym and level it up through those trainers in my opinon

Starmie's the only difficult poke in the gym, and investing in a Gyarados makes the entire region easy imo. Though it does soak a lot of xp. Sure you could grab an Oddish or Bellsprout, but both their lines are awful and it'll get dumped, or dumped on straight after the gym. I just thought I'd mention an option that is better in the long run, even if it's potentially slightly more effort immediately. Though I had a 20 Gyarados before I entered the gym.

As for the 8th gym, yeah, lots of people seem to have trouble with it if they haven't been grinding or haven't just been using 1 or 2 pokemon.