Confirmation before running away from a shiny

Lorxx

I think that it's a good idea. At least with the shinies. I also escaped once from a shiny because i was in a rush trying to find a poke. :Cry:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

giphy.gif

giphy.gifSometimes life is not what you expect... What really matters is to enjoy the little things...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In no way am I saying it's not my fault if I miss a shiny, but I feel this would be beneficial to the game experience.

And yes there is that little S on the left of the pokemon name, you heard a sound and the colors of the pokemon are different. But sometimes people don't notice the colors or there isn't much of a difference on the pokemon, the S is small and can be overlooked and some people don't play this game with sound.

illumise.gifalakazam.gifbreloom.gifflareon.gifblastoise.gifgorebyss.gif

242930 In no way am I saying it's not my fault if I miss a shiny, but I feel this would be beneficial to the game experience.

And yes there is that little S on the left of the pokemon name, you heard a sound and the colors of the pokemon are different. But sometimes people don't notice the colors or there isn't much of a difference on the pokemon, the S is small and can be overlooked and some people don't play this game with sound.

If they miss all the clues they just are not worthy a shiny :) LIFE IS BRUTAL!

03f38afc1889.png

Confirmations:

a). Yellow S symbol

b). Pokemon is a different color from its normal coloration

c) Sparkling effect surrounding pokemon upon entering battle

d). Shiny sound sfx

So yes, paying attention at all times with said above guidelines in mind is useful. If it weren't we wouldn't see players with shinies in-game, trading/selling them. The thing is if you make a case that losing a shiny is painful then another argument could be made that says "Well, keep looking until you find another" but i'm guessing you want a mechanism that allows you to capture a shiny pokemon without any fails?

-puts on my clement spectacles-

Alright. Maybe you want the run button to be disabled or non functional when a wild shiny enters a battle? Oh my gosh! But that means i won't be able to run away at all!!

Yes, yes you're right but.. What about disabling the run button with a 10 second timer when a wild shiny appears?

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

242937 Confirmations:

a). Yellow S symbol

b). Pokemon is a different color from its normal coloration

c) Sparkling effect surrounding pokemon upon entering battle

d). Shiny sound sfx

As ThatKid stated, there are plenty of different ways to notice a Pokemon is shiny, if you are paying attention to the game you are playing. It really isn't likely that an added confirmation to run from battle will be added for this reason.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I play most of my games off of sound cues. So I end up looking at my phone whilst sub-conciously hunting in PRO. Though I've never ran away from shinies or encounters I want so I can't say how you find out when you've found your pokémon.

242606 I mean, it should be easy to code, but shinies tend to randomly pop out of nowhere. I'd like to think that just like shinies, the confirmation will start randomly popping out of nowhere whether the pokemon is shiny or not.

Don't worry, programmation is more complex than that, what your describing could be a bug, but doing a pop up that shows only for shinies should be possible (if the game is well built...).

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]

today i killed a shiny golduck cus i was ev training and on the phone, indeed i was very sad with that and i would like to go back in time and slap myself with a giant prostetic hand but there is no 2nd chance, we gota admit our defeat.

RIP shiny golduck 2016/2016

giphy.gif

<3

why would we want to add something that holds your hand and safeguards you from losing something potentially valuable if you're not paying attention?

We didnt make this game with simplicity to get good stuff in mind.

There is one way however to ensure that you dont miss shinies when they appear:

Git Gud.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.