Power Shift to Buyer from Sellers in Trade Auctions

Guest LiquidSnakeK

1. 1.

If they can put 'if i'm not satisfied with the bids, i won't sell' or whatever it is they put, we should be able to retract bids, since we might see other pokes of equal quality for less.

giphy.gif

" A Man's Dream Will Never Die. "

2qj8zft.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the first one, the second one would be too much I think, better that they have to provide screenshot of any pkmn, and when they post they agree that it's not edited in any manner, since they cant edit post, that image would be there still should there be any issue after the trade so it would be easily investigated

ge6aLM7.png

Guest LiquidSnakeK
249577 If they can put 'if i'm not satisfied with the bids, i won't sell' or whatever it is they put, we should be able to retract bids, since we might see other pokes of equal quality for less.

So long as you do not agree to meet with and buy a pokemon you are allowed to retract a bid. I think some of us, myself included drew the wrong conclusions when a seller lists as a rule "Fake bid=Report".

That led me to assume that if I choose to retract my bid I was someone liable to being reported.

249577 If they can put 'if i'm not satisfied with the bids, i won't sell' or whatever it is they put, we should be able to retract bids, since we might see other pokes of equal quality for less.

So long as you do not agree to meet with and buy a pokemon you are allowed to retract a bid. I think some of us, myself included drew the wrong conclusions when a seller lists as a rule "Fake bid=Report".

That led me to assume that if I choose to retract my bid I was someone liable to being reported.

Ohh, fair enough then I guess.

giphy.gif

" A Man's Dream Will Never Die. "

2qj8zft.gif

249565 Trades, especially in the forums as easily exploitable. A player can soft-edit their post to change the price of their trades at will. Unless you can provide evidence of the said trade. There is not much that can be done, staff side atleast. However, i'll list down a few suggestions of my own to prevent such things from occuring :

1 - Trade posts that are unable to edit without trade-mod permission (the post have to be reported by the OP for a t-mod to edit it out. I.E. : Pokemon 1 has been sold, edit it out.

2- Each trade thread has to be approved by trade mods as must be screenshotted before approval and stored for further analysis (for reports, post editing and whatnot)

This is a great suggestion. +1

My only concern with this is the amount of work a tmod may have considering the amount of activity the trade forums have on an individual level. As far as the soft editing goes. The ENJIN forum service allows anyone with authorization to view an edit to a post. I imagined the same was possible on these forums, even though it is not ENJIN.

It is possible via forum settings (which requires an admin to enable it)

There are enough t-mods and cc's to handle trade forums. As its the t-mods duty to ensure no rules of trading is being broken.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

248376 I'm pretty sure that regardless of their own rules, PRO rules come first, if they do something and their rules contradict PRO rules, the buyer should still report them all the same.

I'd always suggest screenshots though to log in case someone tries anything, programs such as Puush make screenshots fast to take and easy to link in the forums to report someone.

As one of the Head GMs, I feel that I can say: LeoChaos is correct. We as staff don't go by what the seller puts in his shop, especially if it goes against one of PROs rules (or even against more than one of the rules.) We encourage everyone, that if you see someone putting these ridiculous stipulations all up in their trade post things, report them. Cause I can make them change it, or I can remove it. They can have their pick. That will be all for now

Have a great day, all of you!

mM8upD5.gif

[glow=magenta]I am but a humble Former GM / Moderator.[/glow]

[glow=magenta]Do not PM me for ban concerns. I will either ignore or just delete them.[/glow]

250208 As one of the Head GMs, I feel that I can say: LeoChaos is correct. We as staff don't go by what the seller puts in his shop, especially if it goes against one of PROs rules (or even against more than one of the rules.) We encourage everyone, that if you see someone putting these ridiculous stipulations all up in their trade post things, report them. Cause I can make them change it, or I can remove it. They can have their pick. That will be all for now

Except you cannot view before and after post edits. This makes moderation powerless in those circumstances. That is the exploitable gray area.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I do have one question that I'm sure the majority of buyers on these forums can at least acknowledge.

Say someone is selling a pokemon, they have no insta, and lets assume they have no time limit as well for the duration of the auction. If people are bidding, and bidding, (serious bidders I might add), and the seller is refusing to simply add an insta, or even START the auction to begin with, can't this be considered time wasting? Since the seller may claim he intends to sell the pokemon, but won't sell it unless some unnamed price is met. IMO this indeed falls under the rule where an "intent to waste time" is definitely being used. The seller probably plans to sell it, but won't even have the courtesy to at LEAST put his start offer at a price he is willing to consider.

Sure the owner is not required to sell a pokemon should the price not be satisfactory, but at the same time all these people bidding without having an insta price or even a TIME for how long the auction would last are just blindly bidding. Instead they just had all their time wasted for days on end simply because the Seller states in his "Rules" that he doesn't have to take an offer if it doesn't meet his standards. Let alone even start an auction if that same threshold isnt met.

The way these play out makes it seem as if buyer's time is insignificant. If they don't want to "waste time" they can go elsewhere, which I stated before, is subjective. Since considering the market for some rare high value pokes is not very large, there isn't much places for us to go to purchase them.

248376 I'm pretty sure that regardless of their own rules, PRO rules come first, if they do something and their rules contradict PRO rules, the buyer should still report them all the same.

I'd always suggest screenshots though to log in case someone tries anything, programs such as Puush make screenshots fast to take and easy to link in the forums to report someone.

As one of the Head GMs, I feel that I can say: LeoChaos is correct. We as staff don't go by what the seller puts in his shop, especially if it goes against one of PROs rules (or even against more than one of the rules.) We encourage everyone, that if you see someone putting these ridiculous stipulations all up in their trade post things, report them. Cause I can make them change it, or I can remove it. They can have their pick. That will be all for now

Thanks for the clarity on this!