Complete Kanto Walkthrough!

Nathan

Re: Complete Kanto Walkthrough.

<r><QUOTE author="Trapped"><s>

</s><POST content="357743"><s></s>357743<e></e></POST> Maybe a bit late to the party, but the recommended levels for gyms were a bit off. Maybe they've been nerfed since this post was made? I beat most gyms with Pokemon that were 10-15 levels below the recommended level. The 8th gym recommended a team of 85+... I beat it with a level 16 Magnemite (Sturdy + Thunder Wave) and a level 62 Charmeleon :P<br/>

<br/>

Either way, great guide, and I always direct people to it when they need help with story mode.<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

Nah, they aren't off and I don't think the gym NPCs have been changed since testing. As a general rule, the recommended level for a gym has always been (Gym number x 10) + 5. This has been the recommended thing since as long as I can remember :p<br/>

Of course it's easier to beat gyms if you have a strategy too. The recommended level is there for the "Newbie" players who have little to no clue to what they're doing xD<br/>

<br/>

Anywho, thank you very much for the kind words and the recommendations ^^</r>

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

<r><QUOTE author="JollyolNathan"><s>

</s><POST content="357745"><s></s>357745<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Trapped"><s>
</s><POST content="357743"><s></s>357743<e></e></POST> Maybe a bit late to the party, but the recommended levels for gyms were a bit off. Maybe they've been nerfed since this post was made? I beat most gyms with Pokemon that were 10-15 levels below the recommended level. The 8th gym recommended a team of 85+... I beat it with a level 16 Magnemite (Sturdy + Thunder Wave) and a level 62 Charmeleon :P<br/>

<br/>

Either way, great guide, and I always direct people to it when they need help with story mode.<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

Nah, they aren't off and I don't think the gym NPCs have been changed since testing. As a general rule, the recommended level for a gym has always been (Gym number x 10) + 5. This has been the recommended thing since as long as I can remember :p<br/>

Of course it's easier to beat gyms if you have a strategy too. The recommended level is there for the "Newbie" players who have little to no clue to what they're doing xD<br/>

<br/>

Anywho, thank you very much for the kind words and the recommendations ^^<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Fair enough. I was just saying that if people (newbies) took the time to get all 6 pokemon to the recommended level, they might get seriously burned out lol. It would really be overkill. Basic knowledge of type advantages is all you really need imo.</r>

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<t>At first I'd like to thank you for this amazing guide.<br/>

<br/>

When would you recommend to evolve your Pokemons?<br/>

<br/>

And should is it worth leveling the Magickarp?</t>

<r><QUOTE author="Emyzard" post_id="382100" time="1493971334" user_id="1654315"><s>

</s><br/>

At first I'd like to thank you for this amazing guide.<br/>

<br/>

When would you recommend to evolve your Pokemons?<br/>

<br/>

And should is it worth leveling the Magickarp?<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

When making this guide, I evolved my Pokemon at about level 80; near to the Elite 4. And yeah, Gyarados is good in the long run.</r>

3aTirvj.png

• 3 weeks later...

<t>This guide is really helpfull, thank you!<br/>

But damn it, I need to grind my pokemons from lvl 60 to 90? phew... It's going to be a pain in the ass untill i'm ready for The Kanto Elite 4.</t>

g8Yxli7.gif #LeNova

<t>[mention]Lenavo[/mention] It's recommended, otherwise you'll end up spending far too much money on Potions and Revives. You'll also end up sacking your Pokemon in the battles just so you can heal up your strongest one. 90 is a stretch now, due to the changes in how some players started playing. Once you're past level 80, you should be good for the Elite 4 :)</t>

3aTirvj.png

<r><QUOTE author="JollyolNathan" post_id="388694" time="1495458015" user_id="669409"><s>

</s><br/>

@Lenavo It's recommended, otherwise you'll end up spending far too much money on Potions and Revives. You'll also end up sacking your Pokemon in the battles just so you can heal up your strongest one. 90 is a stretch now, due to the changes in how some players started playing. Once you're past level 80, you should be good for the Elite 4 :)<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Is the best way to grind your pokemons to 80+ at the cave below the Elite 4?</r>

g8Yxli7.gif #LeNova

<r><QUOTE author="Lenova" post_id="388736" time="1495466505" user_id="326823"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="JollyolNathan" post_id="388694" time="1495458015" user_id="669409"><s>

</s><br/>

@Lenavo It's recommended, otherwise you'll end up spending far too much money on Potions and Revives. You'll also end up sacking your Pokemon in the battles just so you can heal up your strongest one. 90 is a stretch now, due to the changes in how some players started playing. Once you're past level 80, you should be good for the Elite 4 :)<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Is the best way to grind your pokemons to 80+ at the cave below the Elite 4?<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

Without a doubt :)</r>

3aTirvj.png