Archive Problems and Fixes

Mrsyates

Re: Known Issues

<r><QUOTE author="Pinknblack"><s>

</s><QUOTE author="Sage"><s>
</s><QUOTE author="PhanCast"><s>
</s><POST content="38896"><s></s>38896<e></e></POST> Having Watchdog crashes, tried to follow compatibility "Run in 640x480" but the check box is grayed out. <URL url="https://puu.sh/kvDnQ/1fb20be678.png">https://puu.sh/kvDnQ/1fb20be678.png</URL> Help ?<e>
</e></QUOTE>

@PhanCast This post has been updated since you posted. New Info was found out. turns out with 64bit that does not work you will need to use 32 if you want that workaround to work.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Following up on this it is not a 'permanent fix.'<br/>

<br/>

I tried it, after attempting everything else - I downloaded 32bit.<br/>

Opening 32 bit > Received watchdog (As expected.)<br/>

So I went into settings and selected run in 640x480.<br/>

Reopened - wonky screen wonky screen Alt + enter - okay we're working.<br/>

Loading game going slow though, that's fine - thats expected. <br/>

Will not allow me to readjust resolution : Crashes everytime - even if I do it from log in screen. <br/>

Fullscreen is the onlyway it will not crash - if you run it fullscreen 640x480.<br/>

But that's unplayable basically. <br/>

<br/>

So now I'm just waiting for the next update and hopefully someone on your end can figure out what you guys did between last update and this update that royally *words* some of us. @Sage<e>

</e></QUOTE>

<br/>

This is exactly what happened to me. Full screen then alt+tab into windowed and it crashes with WATCHDOG. :c</r>

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<r><QUOTE author="Sage"><s>

</s><POST content="35463"><s></s>35463<e></e></POST> Here is a list of Known Issues<br/>

<br/>

<SIZE size="150"><s></s><B><s></s>Game Crashes Computer (Windows 10)<e></e></B><e></e></SIZE>

<QUOTE><s>

</s> @Pokedex Me and my friend solved this crash in this steps: <br/>

1. Open the previous version if you still have it, if not here's the link -> <URL url="https://tiny.cc/PROx64v89"><s></s>Click Here<e></e></URL> <- ( Staff Approved Link )<br/>

2. Open, go on Options, then put Resolution in 800x600 and uncheck Fullscreen.<br/>

3. Delete or put in somewhere the old version and open the new one.<br/>

For me it works and i think it will for u too. If this resolution (800x600) won't work, continue trying on different resolutions until open. <br/>

<B><s></s>CAUTION: If u try to change the resolution on the new version it will crash, be careful.<e></e></B> <E>:y:</E><e>

</e></QUOTE>

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Can I change the resolution back after or it will crash?</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Vera8"><s>

</s><POST content="39467"><s></s>39467<e></e></POST><br/>

Can I change the resolution back after or it will crash?<e>

</e></QUOTE>

That is a good a question<br/>

<br/>

You might try asking the people who i am quoting in these message to get help with the fix they found. on OCT 02, 2015, @Xodus contacted me to inform me his fix only works on x32 not x64 (i updated my post with his info)<br/>

<br/>

Also @pinknblack stated it crashed for them when trying to change</r>

</s><POST content="39481"><s></s>39481<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Vera8"><s>
</s><POST content="39467"><s></s>39467<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Sage"><s>
</s><POST content="35463"><s></s>35463<e></e></POST> Here is a list of Known Issues<br/>

<br/>

<SIZE size="150"><s></s><B><s></s>Game Crashes Computer (Windows 10)<e></e></B><e></e></SIZE><br/>

<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Can I change the resolution back after or it will crash?<e>

</e></QUOTE>

That is a good a question, I do NOT have windows 10, personally i think both win 8 and win10 is garbage(win10 has a laundry list of problems) win10 tracks what your doing and sends the info back to MircoSoft. Win10 forcing AutoUpdates has caused probs for numerous people, one of the problems was just as bad as a virus. Having your computer crash over and over all because win10 forced an AutoUpdate oh yeah go win 10!!!!<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Actually your statement is completely false - windows 8 was a problem yes.<br/>

But anyone truly having problems with window's 10 auto update feature just is too stupid to go into their settings and turn off auto restart.<br/>

Or set a specific time for it to restart, it gives you a notification WAYYY ahead of time before it even restarts.<br/>

It's safer antivirus wise too, Aka they keep the virus database constantly updated - you don't really have all the underlying problems like you do with windows 7.<br/>

<br/>

The main thing that most people have a problem with is the streamlined "We want to provide better service." personality that it has, yet you can always opt completely out of Microsoft sending error reports. But most people do <I><s></s>not<e></e></I> read the selection list. They just hit "Yes use recommended." instead of going into advanced, even though it does warn you when you upgrade.<br/>

<br/>

The main problems with updates and a persons personal computer crashing because of it - was a rare case and not widespread - many people blamed it on windows 10 instead of checking their graphics card drivers.<br/>

BECAUSE MANY Drivers had to update to a compatible format with windows 10 - if you didn't update your system would crash because no programs were supported on windows 10 graphically.<br/>

<br/>

Anyhow, instead of talking about how much <I><s></s>Garbage<e></e></I> windows 10 and 8 is, lets talk about how <I><s></s>garbage<e></e></I> the pro staff is for not even considering for a moment the fault for half of these errors is on <B><s></s>their<e></e></B> side. <br/>

You have a VARIETY of players, popping up after your RECENT patch.<br/>

And all you can do is fiddle your fingers and say "It's your fault for having windows 10 and 8?" Or lets not forget "It's a problem with your hardware." Excuse me Sage, <I><s></s>What.<e></e></I> I'm so utterly sorry my hardware is so crappy that it can run up to 7 games at the same time with a solid 60-90 fps yet it can't run this <I><s></s><U><s></s><B><s></s>blasted infuriating<e></e></B><e></e></U><e></e></I> game. I'm being SORT of patient but it's been <I><s></s>THREE<e></e></I> days now, How many watchdog errors were there even <I><s></s><B><s></s>BEFORE<e></e></B><e></e></I> this update? huh? <br/>

<br/>

But no, it's an error with OUR computers. Sorry, but don't shrug this off as a windows 8/10 error only, that's just infuriatingly stuck up and uncalled for. <br/>

<br/>

You have atleast 17 people with this error, out of the people I've talked to. <B><s></s><I><s></s><U><s></s>atleast<e></e></U><e></e></I><e></e></B> who i've talked to. There are probably more, many more. No answers are coming out of you guys either, many of their posts are going unanswered because alot of us don't know a fix when <B><s></s><I><s></s>your suggested fixes<e></e></I><e></e></B> don't work. <br/>

<br/>

No, I will not calm down over this error - this is 3 days of my membership GONE. So, SORRY, I've spent money on this game, and it's not a personal choice <B><s></s><I><s></s>NOT<e></e></I><e></e></B> to play. The only reason i'm bugging you so much about this is because I REALLY love your game and would like to actually experience it with my dear friends who are playing it. The least you as a staff could acknowledge is that it MAY be an error on your side. If you have, and I have not seen it yet - then I apologize. If you haven't then you need to take a good look and figure out WHAT went wrong between last update and this update. Did someone get sloppy? Was there a small error with win8 and 10 formats?<br/>

<br/>

Also no, they can NOT change the solution - it watchdogs them right away if they try to. <br/>

So you either have to suck it up and play it in kronk resolution or not play it at all.</r>

Guest Khatros

<t>I actually play: League of legends, dota2, Hearthstone, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Guildwars 2, Don't Starve, and Magicka without bluescreens or problems.<br/>

<br/>

Only PRO AFTER new client crash, is NOT our hardware.</t>

<t>Funny how the old client works, and the new one doesn't. But its a fault on our end? xD <br/>

<br/>

The game works on my end by downloading the old client and checked the full screen box with 1920x1080. and I clicked the new client and it worked for me. Windowed mode crashes the game. :)</t>

<r><QUOTE author="Xodus"><s>

</s>Pink I understand your frustration. Try what I did. The solution by Pokedex will Watchdog you if you change the resolution, mine won't (at least for me). Download the 32bit client, right click the exe, go to compatibility and check the Run in 64x480 box, then load it. It should look like a total mess but it shouldn't crash. Hit alt+enter until your mouse can access the options button and change it to something<B><s></s> only slightly smaller<e></e></B> than your native desktop, and <B><s></s>disable fullscreen<e></e></B>. Once you've done so, exit PRO and disable the checkbox. It should run in a slightly smaller window now, but not as terrible as the resolution Pokedex suggested.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

AS I stated earlier, this fix will not work because when I press alt enter or attempt to change rsolution -even windowed- it crashes with watchdog.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="PhanCast"><s>

</s>Funny how the old client works, and the new one doesn't. But its a fault on our end? xD <br/>

<br/>

The game works on my end by downloading the old client and checked the full screen box with 1920x1080. and I clicked the new client and it worked for me. Windowed mode crashes the game. :)<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Where did you get the old client?</r>

</s><QUOTE author="Vera8"><s>
</s><POST content="39467"><s></s>39467<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Sage"><s>

<br/>

<SIZE size="150"><s></s><B><s></s>Game Crashes Computer (Windows 10)<e></e></B><e></e></SIZE>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><e>
</e></QUOTE><e>
</e></QUOTE>

Also @Sage didn't someone state earlier the recent update added support for DLX 12? Or something like that - I remember my Civ V has the option of using that and it's buggy as all get out whenever I click it. Maybe that might be a point in the direction of something changing.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Pinknblack"><s>

</s>

Also @Sage didn't someone state earlier the recent update added support for DLX 12? Or something like that - I remember my Civ V has the option of using that and it's buggy as all get out whenever I click it. Maybe that might be a point in the direction of something changing.<e>

</e></QUOTE>- Changing resolution should no longer stretch the screen anymore when using DirectX 11<br/>

- Some Android devices should now give and utilize more accurate screen sizes which helps the GUI be more clear.<br/>

- Fixed a memory leak with some of the sprite handling.<br/>

- Fixed a performance regressing when using native rendering plugins on Android<br/>

- Fixed a crash in DirectX 12.<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

^from the downloads page</r>