[poll] Can we remove the 45 minutes ban in PvP after getting disconnected?

Jahus

<t>Remove the rule?</t>  

29 members have voted

1. 1. <t>Remove the rule?</t>

• Yes
    • No

With a server that lags and a connection that lags, doing PvP in PRO is just mind blowing!

Pesonnally, didn't play ranked PvP since a month. Today, I thought it would be pleasing, entertaining... but first match, disconnected, banned for 45 minutes. What's the logic? We already "lose" when we disconnect, and the other wins!

And please, let's ask for a FORFAIT option! I don't want to lose my time battling someone who's trolling with its stall team when I've already lost.

and another thread, they wont change a good thing sorry

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

301014 What's the logic?

It was added few days after PvP coins, to prevent the abuses that involved disconnecting not to give the other player +1 coin.

Surrender button has been proposed many times already, likely will be introduced eventually, but the "when" is up to Shane. There are some other priorities to be worked on at the moment, like building an healthier PvP environment with the introduction of all the core items / abilities.

So this isn't part of building an healthier PvP environment? Seems to me that it should be...

45 mins ban on Ranked because the server rip'ed you is not a nice thing, and it even gets people away from the PvP aspect of PRO.

301026 But actually, when you disconnect, the other gets the win and the PvP point, isn't it the case?

Nope, it wasn't the case. Disconnecting prevents the addition of coins, even if the win was counted and the rating went up.

301027 45 mins ban on Ranked because the server rip'ed you is not a nice thing

Not being able to get a single PvP coin because everyone disconnects is worse, like it was before the introduction of this restriction. Server crashes are way less frequent nowadays than they were in the past, and as said, the surrender button and others implementation for a healthier PvP are being worked on and will be implemented.

Okay, in this context, it makes sense (I thought the point was awarded when we disconnect).

But still, it's really hard to get banned for 45 minutes just because we've got a connection instability, or just accumulated lag. Hope devs will come someday with a better way to avoid it.

301031 the surrender button and others implementation for a healthier PvP are being worked

Saying "Surrender" is harder than saying "Forfeit" :Crazy:

301044 But still, it's really hard to get banned for 45 minutes just because we've got a connection instability, or just accumulated lag. Hope devs will come someday with a better way to avoid it.

The fact is that this solution was added because 98% of the players was mad about rage quitting, that's why we need this to stay.

I understand you, it's annoying to get the 45 ban for a server crash, but:

a) server crash aren't so common;

b) better this then the situation we had before. I remember topic long x pages for that..

301071 I'm so done.

DUDE. I said it once, i'm gonna say it again. YOU. DON'T. SUFFER. A. PVP. PENALTY. OR. LOSE. RANKING. POINTS. FROM. GETTING. DISCONNECTED. DUE. TO. A. SERVER. FAILURE/ERROR.

ok now?

yes, thanks for this explanation

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.