Patisaur

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lampshadejaz

I'm liking another Drought poke option.

If it were broken it would have been suspect tested.

If it were broken it would be getting a nerf... wait.. :Grin:

:y:

303748 Excited for flygon to get dragon dance

Me too!

Gamefreak is not associated with Smogon so they don't nerf these pokemon based on the OU, UU, RU, and NU tiers. They nerf these pokemon based on VGC metagame and Battle Spot. For example this is why Dark Void got nerfed. Smeargle would just spam it in VGC ultimately making battles frustrating and dull. If we're talking about smogon tiers then Talonflame is not broken at all. Talonflame probably has the most counters I've ever seen but if you use them and still lose to it you're just playing bad. :) Regardless of what any of us say, Talonflame will remain a dominent force in PRO so have fun battling it. :Grin:

Guest shewas15

Gamefreak is not associated with Smogon so they don't nerf these pokemon based on the OU, UU, RU, and NU tiers. They nerf these pokemon based on VGC metagame and Battle Spot. For example this is why Dark Void got nerfed. Smeargle would just spam it in VGC ultimately making battles frustrating and dull. If we're talking about smogon tiers then Talonflame is not broken at all. Talonflame probably has the most counters I've ever seen but if you use them and still lose to it you're just playing bad. :) Regardless of what any of us say, Talonflame will remain a dominent force in PRO so have fun battling it. :Grin:

Aka scarf,tankchomp,rotom-w,foulplay,pursuit,heatran,lando,mégas,zapdos,diancie,cune (hippo and slowbro are passiv af) , doesn't sound like King Tflamme is rulling pro

at all .If gamefreak is nerfing Tflamme on his own with a game filled with ubers/legendary and mégas, so it's definitly légit on pro (lol) ,but yeah when ppl are saying that :

290353 From what I've gathered, and I mean no offense by this, (And I'm not top pvp ladder player for 19 years or what have you) but it seems like the players complaining about shadow tag and gale wings talonflame don't understand the Pokemon metagame very well. YES, granted Shadow tag is banned in Showdown, its also banned in other Competitive Pokemon tournies as well. To which point I'm not sure exactly why. Smogon's answer is that its a cancerous ability and being able to switch out of a bad match-up is a fundamental part of the game.

The difference between PRO and all these other communities is that we aren't locked to only one specific tier. Such as OU or UBER etc. So their rules shouldn't apply to use here at PRO. What I'm seeing is that the majority of people are running stall teams, and as a result are getting hard countered by pokemon such as gothitelle... obviously you are going to lose the game if you don't have a reliable counter.

The problem in PRO is that with a SEVERE lack of OFFENSIVELY oriented pvp items its very difficult to deal with the physical walls that are currently available for use. If you think about it, the only real special walls that are run are calm mind users like goth, blissey ofc, and then maybe a careful nature snorlax. Other than these, what other special walls do you even see as often?

I don't even get the argument about banning Gale Wings. It makes no sense at all. With the heavy amount of phys walls in the game if you can't wall a talonflame you are doing something wrong. Period. It has mediocre damage when you compare it to other flying types such as Staraptor. The only thing it has going for it is priority.. and the only other offensive move it can use reliably is flare blitz. That's not a lot of type coverage. Its easy to wall. Slowbro is the most common answer, and easiest one to obtain.

All in all it just seems like there is a majority of players who misunderstand the metagame. A lack of experience is a heavy contributor to this.

Would'v answered smthng really mean unless i got already that much of warning for being rude with stupid ppl .