Create a New Medalion : Shiny Stone

Adam

307202 Coming from another Pokemon game who used to have a pay wall for easier shinies, this would create a 2 tiered game. those with easy shinies. and those without. PRO was always made as a free to play game, although there are obviously benefits to buying the membership, the effects of it aren't exactly game-breaking.

When we created PRO, the first thing we cemented was the rate of shinies, and that everyone had an equal chance to get one.

You posted a nice and well detailed out suggestion, but it will never happen here.

thor, excuse-me, can you say something about my idea? is it possible to be implemented someday?

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53292

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

307202 Coming from another Pokemon game who used to have a pay wall for easier shinies, this would create a 2 tiered game. those with easy shinies. and those without. PRO was always made as a free to play game, although there are obviously benefits to buying the membership, the effects of it aren't exactly game-breaking.

When we created PRO, the first thing we cemented was the rate of shinies, and that everyone had an equal chance to get one.

You posted a nice and well detailed out suggestion, but it will never happen here.

I see, that's understandable, thank you for your answer. :Grin:

388048chaos.png

307093 I wait your opinions at all!

As an idea, I like it. The benefits from this, in my prespective are:

1) More interest in the game. People who like shinies will more likely play more -> more activity on servers -> more fun.

2) Help the economy of maintaning the game (many people will pay for it, and many will also buy ms to catch the rare shinies).

3) Help the economy inside of the game. I am not talking about shinies' price but for the flow of money, since more people will play and prices will become stable.

However, I disagree in implementing this because the problems that will occur, in my prespective always, are:

1) Shinies will lose their value. Not their economical, their actual value. You are happy if you find a shiny of the 1/8192 chance to find it. If you could find a shiny every 10 pokemon for example, it wouldn't be anything special.

2) It will go against the original Pokemon games. Now you might add, in Gen 6 we got items that increase the chance and blahblah, yeah, but Pokemon become easier per gen. In gen 7 you are even able to increase the IV of a pokemon. This is an MMO, many people play it and that's why many shinies will be found. Think about it, since the shiny rate is 1/8192, if the 1000 active people on red daily find 82 pokemon each, how many shinies are found in a day?

3) It will hurt really bad those shiny collectors for are on top right now. There are people who have shiny starters, shiny extremely rare poke, etc. If you publish an item like this, suddenly those people won't have much to brag to be honest.

In conclusion, I am against it because I see more harm than good. And I am saying when I made this post today https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=53898&p=307224#p307224.

307241 I don't see how y'all seem to think shinies will be everywhere if they increased the shiny rate by 25-50%. The odds of finding a shiny would still be at the lowest 4000 to 1

if you want to see a game that did what was being suggested here, go play PWO, a terrible pokemon MMO based on gen 3 gfx. More importantly u would be lucky to see 80 players on their servers not 800.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.