PRO: Xmas Update

Anduin

320652 How to be a staff member 101

Throw the word "MMO" whenever you can't answer a complaint/suggestion, and it's done. Ezpz

Because people don't understand that xmas Poke is sth special and you have to put some effort to get one. If you don't understand the rules of MMO don't play one.

Personally, I'm cool with the xmas rate. I just don't like it when people think "MMO" is the answer for everything. The perception of an MMO may differ from person to person, game to game. A little more explanation would not hurt at all and may, in fact, help those who complain understand why a certain rate/rarity etc. is there.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

320658 A little more explanation would not hurt at all and may, in fact, help those who complain understand why a certain rate/rarity etc. is there.

Here's why:

Windypuff[/color]"]209177

The luck aspect of the game is exactly what drives the interest of so many of PRO's players. Is it frustrating? It can be. But players who have everything they want don't continue to hunt. By spending more time in the game, you have more encounters and you make more money. These are advantageous because you can possibly find better Pokemon, or you can buy Pokemon because you have more money. However, the spawn rates will always remain low to give new players the same CHANCE to find amazing Pokemon as the old players have. What most players fail to realize is that you don't need perfect Pokemon to be competitive in PRO's PvP. If you want to battle people with perfect Pokemon, then use one of the many battle simulators available online.

What are you suggesting is to kill game trade aspect by giving easy candies and make both trade market and economy to last less. Eventually, making an unique Pokemon certain trainer has not so unique. Please note that Hidden ability ratio is 5% and it is not related with spawns at all. Staff have been watching the statistics all the time. Rarer pokemon are easier to get, and we mean every one of them after our revision. We are not making tiers easier to encounter any longer since we spent quite of a time analyzing them and watching the statistic. And we must say we are quite pleased with number of Pokemon people get without spending days and night not finding anything, then again, you have a luck factor.

What you are addressing is something very specific. This is where trade aspect of the game comes into play. Meaning, you probably won't get every perfect Pokemon with your OT, but you can get one via trade with others through auction, bidding and whatnot. If we are to give easy Pokemon and abilties to everyone economy would collapse in no time. There wouldn't be any unique stuff anymore. Take for example Dragonite. You have few options with it. Rain Dragonite, Anti flinch and Multiscale Dragonite. You can use it well depends how you train it. Of course, strong multiscale attacker will be a alot rarer and expensive. You can also have 100 Gibles but that doesnt mean all of them are viable and meant to be for pvp. This is how the game works. We are to protect players efforts and protect their unique monsters. Your effort can be rewarded by selling those monsters you amassed via trade. What are you suggestion is simply, lets make everything cost 5k.

Bear in mind that catching Pokemon in PRO is not supposed to provide quick or easy gratification. There's a reason why some Pokemon are classified as "extremely rare" - you can sometimes spend more than 2 weeks without finding these Pokemon. Of course the fact that you are searching for a week without getting the Pokemon you want is a product of bad luck too. But if everyone could have epic rare Pokemon then the point of them being limited would be lost. Although, if you wish to have some encounters fixed or re-balanced, you can always provide more feedback, with statistics and other aspects. Where they will be evaluated and changed or not if those spawns are indeed intended to be that way. If you've tested it and feel a certain Pokemon's spawn needs to be revised, however, you may contribute with feedback to our "Pokémon Spawns Resolution and Suggestions" thread.

I want a Xmas Eevee more than anything else in this game right now. I'm disappointed by the 1/1024 being applied to "extremely rare" Pokemon, and I expect to encounter 0 Xmas Pokemon this event, even though I hunt 3-6 hours a day. Until this event ends, I'll be logging in only to hunt Eevee. I'm going to keep trying to find this Eevee every day until event ends. I know that I won't find any Xmas Pokemon, because that's how things work for me.

All I get from it is a box of Eevee that are probably all bad or sync fail, save a few epic due to mass quantity. I know that there are still 14 days til Xmas, but I'd just like to point out that this is another one of those times where people who can't play all day / every day get punished. I already feel bad for all the people who got excited over Xmas pokemon for nothing because they'll never obtain the one they want. Sad situation, in my opinion, unless everyone magically gets their favorite Xmas pokemon on Christmas day :(

I dream of progressive rng.

I guess the main thing for me is, there is still too much of this in the game ---> work very hard, for many hours, with maximum effort = still low chance at reward. Then some guy,who doesn't even know what h.a. is, gets what you're looking for, then some guy buys it for 30m and you only have 100k.

I understand Eevee's rarity a little more, but Swablu is so bad in pvp that it should be a sparse pokemon, or scarce.

I guess the main thing for me is, there is still too much of this in the game ---> work very hard, for many hours, with maximum effort = still low chance at reward. Then some guy,who doesn't even know what h.a. is, gets what you're looking for, then some guy buys it for 30m and you only have 100k.

That's basically the definition of MMO game. Either try to catch Eevee and don't complain or find yourself different game. Xmas Poke is supposed to be SPECIAL not COMMON. The whole idea of those are that not all people on the server will have them. I've caught only trash Teddiursa so far, I want Swablu and Eevee and I will try to catch them till the end of the event. If I won't - well, that's how MMO works.

Personally, I'm cool with the xmas rate. I just don't like it when people think "MMO" is the answer for everything. The perception of an MMO may differ from person to person, game to game. A little more explanation would not hurt at all and may, in fact, help those who complain understand why a certain rate/rarity etc. is there.

I agree that MMO is not a professional answer that should be given, but at this point when there are tons of topics and people who do not understand how the event works, it is just tiring to explain over and over again.

ya the spawn rate for event poke should be rare i have no prob with that i just think that is sucks that eevees where made ms only that was lame lol With ms price being crazy now and slowly seems to be getting even higher.

But like i said the eevees should not have been made ms thats the only beff i have with this event so far.

Cant wait for the next quest to come out and i think there still a part of the event maps that is not open yet cant wait to see whats there if anything lolJust hope its not full have ms only or something like that lol

Untitled_zpsa1864b7e.png

I have no problem with the rate of xmas pokemons, the only thing I wanted is it to be fair for all pokemons. even thought it's 1/1000 for every pokemon, it's not the same due to the rarity of pokemons. clones were all extremely rare pokemons same rate of rarity and spawning, but the difference between eevee and sandshrew feels aweful, hunting for xmas eevee is always fun and I will do until the end of event but I hunted for sandshrew for one day and I got extremely annoyed. I mean when eevee spawn and it's not xmas you still feel happy because it's eevee, but sandshrew or sentret has nothing to be happy about it. I think making the xmas pokemons all from extremely rare pokemons would make the hunt more interesting.

Kurushiimohamed

322487 I have no problem with the rate of xmas pokemons, the only thing I wanted is it to be fair for all pokemons. even thought it's 1/1000 for every pokemon, it's not the same due to the rarity of pokemons. clones were all extremely rare pokemons same rate of rarity and spawning, but the difference between eevee and sandshrew feels aweful, hunting for xmas eevee is always fun and I will do until the end of event but I hunted for sandshrew for one day and I got extremely annoyed. I mean when eevee spawn and it's not xmas you still feel happy because it's eevee, but sandshrew or sentret has nothing to be happy about it. I think making the xmas pokemons all from extremely rare pokemons would make the hunt more interesting.

Would be annoying as hell. Especially for those who just want any xmas Pokemon. Finding extremely rare xmas Pokemon at a rate of 1/1000 has a VERY low chance. Lower chances than finding a common shiny. This way everyone chooses to hunt what they want. If Sentrets and Sandshrews don't interest you, you're free to hunt Eevees and Swablus. Personally, I'm more interested in hunting xmas commons because I know I'll eventually (if I'm not uber unlucky) get one. And unfortunately, that doesn't apply to extremely rares.