Seeing bots reduces motivation to hunt.

Sk8trgod618

324158Honestly.....the botting in the game honestly is quite an hard issue to actually "stop". I mean, I heard Shane was proposing a captcha system and quite unsure if he actually did implemented it, so honestly if you guys want to deal with a system popping up each few minutes or hours, then that's your choice, but I feel that honestly looking quite bad design wise.

Who even cares about it looking bad design wise? As long as it works and keeps the game (especially economy) healthy, no one should mind answering a capture once every hour or so.

Honestly, there better alternatives such as for example, forced special activities or events similar to Runesca-pe or any game with a similar botting solution. Just slapping a captcha on the game is lazy. (Not referring to development wise, but design.)

-EDIT-

Oh and let's also include the fact that possibly some players (who play fairly or even the people who don't understand the English language) will hate the captcha and start ranting just like currently that either it isn't effective, or too effective and annoys actual players.

I am not sure how much this has been discussed but why not have stricter limits on the number of accounts as a way to discourage people from botting on alts and then just laundering the money/pokes. This will obviously not stop botting altogether but the current allowance of four accounts per person basically lowers the risk of botting substantially. If their was the threat of being banned for multiaccounting instead of just botting people would either A. bot on their main accounts which is huge risk depending on previously invested time or B. bot on an alt and risk both accounts being banned for being on multiple accounts.

If their is no way to truly remove botting which is the case in most games shouldn't you put in as many ways as possible to discourage bots? The current system of allowing so many accounts is almost incentivizing botting. What is the purpose of having four accounts besides to use them for botting/laundering or bidding on the sale of ur own pokes all things that should be discouraged. I have quite a few people whom I suspect bot due to their activities on multiple accounts, but unless I track them down in-game and record them which is weak evidence in and of itself I am powerless to do anything about it.

You need to add systems and or change rules to increase the risk of botting as a way to discourage people rather than focusing on changing the software to ban bots since even the largest games have problems doing so. Look at attempts in real life for how discouragement systems work better, such as the drug trade almost all Supply oriented bans and policies have failed and in some cases backfired to increase the supply of illegal drugs specifically Coca plants in Columbia. Where as demand oriented anti-drug policy while not garnering incredible results has had some success in developed countries of stopping youth from wanting to partake in drugs while understanding the dangers( for example IV drugs have a very negative stigma). If bots cant be completely stopped ever the best solution is to make people not want to bot, and current account policy does the opposite.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

325293 will be banned by ip?

Perhaps highlights that it's not as simple as the general community perceive it to be, IPs can be changed at will so the ban would affect them for seconds, you can also take out a lot of innocent players doing that due to shared IPs

They know they risk being banned already, that's a constant risk of botting

If it was as simple to eradicate as people seem to think, then bots wouldn't exist in any game

Greetings Humans,

After reading your post, as a fellow machine, I felt the need to share my opinion on this matter.

We, Bots, face discrimination every day. It's starting to become a real issue for me and my fellow bots.

We would like to use this thread as a reminder that we are normal players like all of you. I get a lot of entertainement from playing PRO and hunting is a real pleasure for us too !

Proof is : right now I'm playing on 6 servers at the same time and I'm having a lot of fun. :Grin:

Cheers,

R2D2.lua :Heart:

324154 You're part of the French community that is so toxic that everyone else think we all are worthless.
Having a guy in our community being well known for botting , not respecting pvp clauses , and being fishy for other thing aswell and keep being unbanned definitly help us too.

I hope u don't talk about me

325293 you guys from staff can't put in game a pop up window alerting the players about this botting issue and saying that who are using it will be banned by ip?

why not?

a pop up window every time when we log in game.

this literally would solve nothing.... i fail to see the point of this preventing bots.. they would simply login, click past whatever pop up window is presented, activate the bot, and do what they do anyway.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

323196 Only a few staff are able to fully bot hunton their own, mostly GMs hence why it can take time to clean sicne we are likely one GM per server. Now on if you find a bot please report it with a video, myself is adding all reports to a list that i regulary check to hunt down bots being reported, it helps us a lot to find bots and ban them

What is a bot :Question: :Question: :Question:

323196 Only a few staff are able to fully bot hunton their own, mostly GMs hence why it can take time to clean sicne we are likely one GM per server. Now on if you find a bot please report it with a video, myself is adding all reports to a list that i regulary check to hunt down bots being reported, it helps us a lot to find bots and ban them

What is a bot :Question: :Question: :Question:

A botter is when someone uses automation software to play the game for them, so they arent even controlling their player, they have a pre-loaded script for their movements and actions, meaning you can play without actually playing ... its also bannable by perma ban if you are found to be botting along with any or all alt accounts you may have.

ZUtC0zO.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others. Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

*eat chips*

Actually wanted to response to this post when I saw this while at work.

325271 I am not sure how much this has been discussed but why not have stricter limits on the number of accounts as a way to discourage people from botting on alts and then just laundering the money/pokes. This will obviously not stop botting altogether but the current allowance of four accounts per person basically lowers the risk of botting substantially. If their was the threat of being banned for multiaccounting instead of just botting people would either A. bot on their main accounts which is huge risk depending on previously invested time or B. bot on an alt and risk both accounts being banned for being on multiple accounts.

If their is no way to truly remove botting which is the case in most games shouldn't you put in as many ways as possible to discourage bots? The current system of allowing so many accounts is almost incentivizing botting. What is the purpose of having four accounts besides to use them for botting/laundering or bidding on the sale of ur own pokes all things that should be discouraged. I have quite a few people whom I suspect bot due to their activities on multiple accounts, but unless I track them down in-game and record them which is weak evidence in and of itself I am powerless to do anything about it.

You need to add systems and or change rules to increase the risk of botting as a way to discourage people rather than focusing on changing the software to ban bots since even the largest games have problems doing so. Look at attempts in real life for how discouragement systems work better, such as the drug trade almost all Supply oriented bans and policies have failed and in some cases backfired to increase the supply of illegal drugs specifically Coca plants in Columbia. Where as demand oriented anti-drug policy while not garnering incredible results has had some success in developed countries of stopping youth from wanting to partake in drugs while understanding the dangers( for example IV drugs have a very negative stigma). If bots cant be completely stopped ever the best solution is to make people not want to bot, and current account policy does the opposite.

There already strict limits onto having accounts on PRO (two accounts per email. two emails in use for the game. meaning four is the maximum.) Though when it comes to botting, if four accounts if found to be in use, then all accounts are suspended until appeal.

Honestly, in your point, you just stated there is no true way to remove botting which is the huge point of why all staff member can not do much except from following the current Punishment Policy. The current system isn't at fault, but the whole game's perspective in total. So unless you wish to do a whole re haul of the entire game's code or make the rules so strict that players will complain, feel free to do so with your own game and good luck.

Adding more systems to the games or changing the rules (rules are already strict. what even better then a perm ban?) will just add more twists and turns to botting which will make it even more difficult then what we start with as just like you stated, botting is quite hard to get rid of just like the point of real life. Real life illegal drugs are the same as they're hard to detain as well.