"PRO stopped working" message while on Vulcan Island

Hey guys, merry christmas. I have the following problem:

I wasn't playing for the past few weeks (don't remember how long exactly) and I was still in Vulcan Island, in one of the caves. I used an escape rope to leave fast as I wanted to return to the main areas. When I ported to the poke center in Vulcan, I got a message that said something along the lines of "summer event is finally over, why not try the christmas festivities". Before I walk outside the game crashes and I get a message from windows that said "PRO has stopped working". I logged in again and the game crashed as soon as the map loaded. This got repeated a few times without the messages as I tried again. Then I tried to log in to red server and there I can move around with no problems, but that account is really old (last time I actively played was before Hoenn was released even). Any ideas why this is caused or if something can be done about it?

* I downloaded the new client before playing for the first time today, then after this problem I downloaded the client again but it doesn't seem to be fixed.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... :Light: The reason you're crashing is because the Vulcan Event was over when the Halloween event started BUT the "guy with a Magikarp on his head" was still there, and he disappeared when the Christmas event started... So maybe the crashes are the result of a bug created by the Magikarp guy disappearing/the loss of transportation to go to Vulcan Island?

I don't know how to fix it, but this was just an idea of what the cause was... Good luck! :Grin:

width=659px

https://data.whicdn.com/images/310096806/original.png[/img]

Hours Played: 1000+ hours | Guild: | Server: Silver | Discord Tag: Golden#2746

Hey, I got online and saw the message about bumping the thread :D thank you!

edit: I'll be waiting in the pokemon center

edit2: I stepped outside the poke center, got ported to Lilycove poke center (didn't happen before) and the game crashed there instead ;_; sorry for the trouble

• 5 weeks later...
329112 Hey, I got online and saw the message about bumping the thread :D thank you!

edit2: I stepped outside the poke center, got ported to Lilycove poke center (didn't happen before) and the game crashed there instead ;_; sorry for the trouble

Hello dallas117, first of all, I want to apologise for our delay in the messages. Secondly, I moved you to your last pokecenter so you should be safe now.

If that solution doesn't work, quote me or message me via forums so we can arrange a time for me to move you to another location in other map.

If that crash was a client based crash, try the steps in this thread as they should be enough to solved your issue.

Crash issues or other issues

Win7 Guide https://tinyurl.com/crashhelp

Win10 Crash Fix viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14738

Android Guide https://tinyurl.com/androidprofix

Mac Guide https://tinyurl.com/macprofix

Cannot open PRO in Mac viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37017

PRO64_93_2.exe is not responding viewtopic.php?t=15846#p98003

Other solution for crash (follow 3 steps)

1- Unzip file without using WinRAR or 7zip

2- Disable anti-virus program

3- Restart computer

Others solution:

Updated drive and reinstall Direct X

Also, remember to delete all the past PRO clients and folders you might have in your device, even from the trashbin, before you download the new client.

Best of luck and let me know how it turned out by replying in this topic.

Have a great weekend :)

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

329112 Hey, I got online and saw the message about bumping the thread :D thank you!

Hello dallas117, first of all, I want to apologise for our delay in the messages. Secondly, I moved you to your last pokecenter so you should be safe now.

If that solution doesn't work, quote me or message me via forums so we can arrange a time for me to move you to another location in other map.

If that crash was a client based crash, try the steps in this thread as they should be enough to solved your issue.

Crash issues or other issues

Win7 Guide https://tinyurl.com/crashhelp

Win10 Crash Fix viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14738

Android Guide https://tinyurl.com/androidprofix

Mac Guide https://tinyurl.com/macprofix

Cannot open PRO in Mac viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37017

PRO64_93_2.exe is not responding viewtopic.php?t=15846#p98003

Other solution for crash (follow 3 steps)

1- Unzip file without using WinRAR or 7zip

2- Disable anti-virus program

3- Restart computer

Others solution:

Updated drive and reinstall Direct X

Also, remember to delete all the past PRO clients and folders you might have in your device, even from the trashbin, before you download the new client.

Best of luck and let me know how it turned out by replying in this topic.

Have a great weekend :)

Hey! It's fine, no worries!

I tried logging in again just now and the same thing happened: I appeared in vulcan island's poke center, then I exited it and was ported to lilycove poke center(I'd went to vulcan from that city). As soon as I exited the poke center the game crashed. After this happened, I tried logging in again and I see the black screen with the "loading map" message, once the loading meter is full the game crashes.

The first time this had happened back then I had tried the steps you posted and they didn't work so I don't think it's because of the client and it might be that I didn't leave the vulcan map on my own? Not sure. Maybe we could try the same, send me to the vulcan poke center which is the last one I had visited on my own. Then I exit it and I'll probably be ported to lilycove again. Then maybe come to lilycove and take me elsewhere? We could try this whenever you have time. It is 15:37 where I am now and I am free all day today. Or let me know about sometime during the weekend if it's more convenient! I appreciate the help and the hard work, I just finished my uni exams this monday so I have some free time to play again~

345840 -snip

Can you go online now? If you can't, try to reach me or other staff member in IRC as it is a real life chat and we can probably solve your issue instantly.

The issue is caused as your account is locked in a former map that was already removed I think. I sent you again to your past pokecenter in order to solve it, but most likely the only solution possible to solve it will be overwriting your position with our tools to a new place, for example Lilycove City, and if not possible, try to solve it with a Content Scripter help.

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

edit: I appeared in vulcan, exited, and now I am in lilycove poke center

edit2: as soon as I walked outside it crashed again, and now when I log in it crashes instantly before spawning me anywhere again :/

It's awkward how it acts, but anyway, I will forward this to a Content Scripter for him to have a look at it to try to solve it. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced so far :/

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

edit: I appeared in vulcan, exited, and now I am in lilycove poke center

edit2: as soon as I walked outside it crashed again, and now when I log in it crashes instantly before spawning me anywhere again :/

It's awkward how it acts, but anyway, I will forward this to a Content Scripter for him to have a look at it to try to solve it. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced so far :/

It's fine, don't worry :D thanks for trying to help! I'll keep an eye out these next days if something happens :y: