IV Training

Eiliko

Hello all! I've had this thought for a while now and I didn't find anything like it posted anywhere.

I would like to see a way for IV training.

Take a stat, lets say Attack, and EV train it up to 510 (the max total EVs a Pokemon can have) at which point the EVs in that stat would be reset (this being done automatically or through an NPC) and the Attack IV would increased by 1. This could be done for all stats the cap still being 31 in any given IV. This way an extremely dedicated trainer could bring out his or her Pokemons full potential if they so choose.

Pokemon to me has always been about finding your favorites and making them as strong as possible.

So this is just my attempt to think of a way to do this. What do others think?

45886 Hello all! I've had this thought for a while now and I didn't find anything like it posted anywhere.

I would like to see a way for IV training.

Take a stat, lets say Attack, and EV train it up to 510 (the max total EVs a Pokemon can have) at which point the EVs in that stat would be reset (this being done automatically or through an NPC) and the Attack IV would increased by 1. This could be done for all stats the cap still being 31 in any given IV. This way an extremely dedicated trainer could bring out his or her Pokemons full potential if they so choose.

Pokemon to me has always been about finding your favorites and making them as strong as possible.

So this is just my attempt to think of a way to do this. What do others think?

Thank you for your suggestion, but this type of radical idea normally gets shot down pretty quickly.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Well, the whole idea of iv is that it's a hidden value which cannot be changes. This kinda makes most of the pokemon game. You have to catch a pokemon often to find one with potential, to be strong enough. If you'd be able to change iv, it would make most pokemon a lot less valuable, because the good ones won't be as rare. Besides, it would completely alter a pokemon game, so I don't think a small game like that is the right place. But that's just what I think

45968 Well, the whole idea of iv is that it's a hidden value which cannot be changes. This kinda makes most of the pokemon game. You have to catch a pokemon often to find one with potential, to be strong enough. If you'd be able to change iv, it would make most pokemon a lot less valuable, because the good ones won't be as rare. Besides, it would completely alter a pokemon game, so I don't think a small game like that is the right place. But that's just what I think

Very very good points! However Individual Values don't seem to be hidden here though and those in its self are very limiting. My hope would be for a way to make all Pokemon viable.

I know a lot of people like the thrill of the hunt. I enjoy it my self from time to time but its really just a time sink left up to luck and chance. The above would be a time sink too no doubt, however it would be much more about how much effort you'd be willing to put into raising your Pokemon. I feel something like the above would have a real sense of true progression and satisfaction if you managed to do it.

On the subject of devaluing Pokemon I don't think that would be the case at all. The shear amount of effort and time to raise a single IV by 1 point would be staggering. If some one managed to fully twink a Pokemon I doubt they would ever part with it. It would be come one of the most valued things around!

You are completely correct on the impact this would have on the game. It would be a very radical change but it would also be very unique as far as Pokemon MMOs are concerned. I do also agree with you that the game is still small so maybe this is out of place... but then again that why its just a suggestion!

Thank you very much for your response and thoughts on the subject :))

if you could train IVs that would mean that form any Pokemon you could train a full max IV epic. That would make the whole hunting and MMO part pointless. All you need is a Synchro Poke, catch your desired monster and regardless of its ivs train it up to max.

46733 if you could train IVs that would mean that form any Pokemon you could train a full max IV epic. That would make the whole hunting and MMO part pointless. All you need is a Synchro Poke, catch your desired monster and regardless of its ivs train it up to max.

Provided you put in the time to do so of course. IV training wouldn't be easy and it shouldn't be!! It should be time consuming and madding for a great reward! Hunting would still be very relevant as I'm sure people would still like to have the correct nature and ability and maybe decent IVs to begin with as to cut down on time! So a Synchro poke I'm sure would still be a must for a lot of people.

Sure you can train Pokemon up to the max now but it not what it could be. IV training would allow for a Pokemon's full potential to be realized given a little more effort and dedication from its trainer.

As for the MMO part, I don't see how this would affect that part of it the game. It's still a Massively Multiplayer Online game regardless of what is implemented into it :)

Thanks for your reply!

I don't see this being implemented for almost the same reasons as breeding.

1. Max IV pokemon would become very common

2. Anyone could have a great HR pokemon.

3. (Different reason.)This was not in any of the handhelds.

dweiRlA.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

46938 I don't see this being implemented for almost the same reasons as breeding.

1. Max IV pokemon would become very common

2. Anyone could have a great HR pokemon.

3. (Different reason.)This was not in any of the handhelds.

I think its a good thing breeding isn't included here. If your an extremely good breeder you can start with nothing then in 2-3days time have more amazing Pokemon then you know what to do with.

I feel as though people read this out loud and hear "510 EVs to raise an IV by 1" and it sounds extremely easy but if you sit a think it over for a few minutes, about how many wild Pokemon you would have to KO that give EVs of the specific type, about the care you would have to take not to gain unwanted EVs, just for 1 point in 1 stat. Not to mention the amount of time in day or weeks or even months it would take bump just one IV to max only to have 5 more to go for a really epic Pokemon. The prospect of actually gaining a fully maxed IV Poke is highly unlikely, so I doubt they would become common.

Anyone can have a great HR rare Pokemon now, you still have to find one first and hope it has a good nature and ability!

There are plenty of things that are in Pokemon MMOs that arn't in the handhelds. Handhelds don't need IV training because they have breeding.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!