Freeze Chance is Not 10%

Tr3y

After so many battles I can 100% honestly say that the freeze chance on Ice Punch, Ice Fang, and Ice Beam is not 10%. Every battle I get frozen by these moves and I must say it is very frustrating to play around. I've been playing PS (Pokemon Showdown) and the handhelds for years and I've never had a point during that time at which I got frozen consecutively battle after battle. I even tested the move 300 times in my free time with an alternate account. It was just above 60 times where my pokemon got frozen. 60/300 = 0.2 If want to get a percentage you multiply that by 100 and you get 20%. So either freeze is actually 20%, more than 20%, or there is a bug that causes these moves' secondary effect to activate more frequent than others... I don't know. I wouldn't be reporting this if I wasn't sure. I was going to report this weeks ago but I decided against it so I could keep testing but now I am positively certain it is bugged. Thanks for reading.

Scald isn't 30% as well

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

344973 funny how my ice punch never freezes :Ambivalent: :Ambivalent:

+1 lmao

344971 Scald isn't 30% as well

Tbh, i get burn from scald almost every time. That sounds more like a 100% LOL :y:

yeah, it does feel like that but 100% higher than 30% :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

344984 Should probably make a separate report for Scald but I just want to keep this one for Ice moves only. If any of you have individually tested these moves please add your thoughts.

Im training EV's using ice punch atm, and to be honest the number of times that I freeze the opponent seems to be compatible with the percentage of 10%. I may be wrong but maybe you've had a bit of bad luck in the last few times, idk. :D:

mJTF4Nm.png

IGN: Kilgara ~ Guild: None ~ Game Time: +800Hrs ~ Server: Silver

300 is a decent sample size i suppose. Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time a secondary effect had the wrong percentage. I think i reported shadow ball or psychic for having a too high spdef drop chance a long time ago and it was indeed bugged. It would definitely be nice if extra hax wasn't added to the already RNG heavy game.