Staff spawned monsters in ranked PvP

Red

Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?

• I don't mind
    • I don't mind staff using edited monsters in non ranked battle
    • No, because it's not fair

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I'm not sure where this thread is even going, or if its already been settled, but I'll just leave my opinion anyways (not that it matters.)

I'm not sure why, or who suggested it, but allowing staff members to obtain very desirable pokemon like latios or zapdos, just isn't right. These pokemon should be given to the community the same way jirachi and celebi etc are. If you can just spawn them for staff members why can't you create a quest around it so that the community can also have a chance at using them? Just seems like a no-brainer to me. Staff wants a zapdos as a reward? Why? You can catch it like the rest of us woud be able to. Want a Rayquaza? Ok cool, shiny? Check. Perfect ivs? Check. These are the kinds of pokemon I imagined staff being rewarded with. Epic legendary pokemon that even the community wouldn't be able to use in pvp anyways with the 600 Base restriction. Even a perfect iv talonflame is beatable. Deidara is using one, but that doesn't mean it's the reason he's winning.

Deidara7 has consistently been at the top of the ladder ever since I met him. The problem is when a staff is gifted an epic usable mon like latios or zapdos but in turn KNOWS how to abuse such a pokemon. Give latios to someone but they don't know how to use it? Well you know the story with that one.

I don't think staff shouldn't be given a reward. That is more than justified. However, I don't think they should be given a reward that is so monstrous that they in turn destroy the entire ladder with it becase the pvp community has no answer for it and can't possibly prepare for it.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole rule came about because of me using my XD001 in ranked at least a year ago.

Here's where i stand on the issue: I actually agree with the notion to ban staff pokes from ranked PvP full stop

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I apologize for not updating you via this thread sooner and not having anyone to enforce the measures. We got caught into several things that made us forget this a little bit. The current restriction is in place:

unknown.png

If there is a change to happen, you will be notified.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.