Staff spawned monsters in ranked PvP

Red

Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want staff using edited and spawned monsters in ranked PvP?

• I don't mind
    • I don't mind staff using edited monsters in non ranked battle
    • No, because it's not fair

370308 Make that 500+ then. You know what is meant in that post, but you decide to completely unsee it just to have an answer.

Your full post isn't correct, good English isn't necessarily required as well as that they can't have +50 staffs. I didn't answer to every specific point since they were mostly wrong, they can't host 50+ tournaments since you know IRL > PRO and tournaments are time consuming and so on; you get the idea; I could have just quoted that specific part which my answer was for so my apologies for that.

From Shamac's post which I quoted:

"Therefore you can be staff as long you can and will follow the rules, have more than 18, know an acceptable amount of knowledge of the english language"

There also seems to be an 18+ rule if "have more than 18" means that. I would have thought you read all of Shamac's post.

___

They can host 50+ tournaments and they did:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=58736

39 Yellow, 98 Red, 37 Blue = 174

PRO can't have 174 staff members. Or even 98.

___

There is nothing wrong with my post you quoted. If you think there is, please show me.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

370308 Make that 500+ then. You know what is meant in that post, but you decide to completely unsee it just to have an answer.

Your full post isn't correct, good English isn't necessarily required as well as that they can't have +50 staffs. I didn't answer to every specific point since they were mostly wrong, they can't host 50+ tournaments since you know IRL > PRO and tournaments are time consuming and so on; you get the idea; I could have just quoted that specific part which my answer was for so my apologies for that.

From Shamac's post which I quoted:

"Therefore you can be staff as long you can and will follow the rules, have more than 18, know an acceptable amount of knowledge of the english language"

There also seems to be an 18+ rule if "have more than 18" means that. I would have thought you read all of Shamac's post.

___

They can host 50+ tournaments and they did:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=58736

39 Yellow, 98 Red, 37 Blue = 174

PRO can't have 174 staff members. Or even 98.

___

There is nothing wrong with my post you quoted. If you think there is, please show me.

Oh well I misunderstood you then; I thought you were referring to hosting +50 tournaments (50x tourny's), I can tell you that your English doesn't need to be that great in some of the roles and they give you a shot regardless if your English is on a native level or on for example my level. The +18 Rule is indeed there but exceptions were made in regards of that as well afaik; anyway it drives to off-topic and again my apologies for misunderstanding you again. :P

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

370429Oh well I misunderstood you then; I thought you were referring to hosting +50 tournaments (50x tourny's), I can tell you that your English doesn't need to be that great in some of the roles and they give you a shot regardless if your English is on a native level or on for example my level. The +18 Rule is indeed there but exceptions were made in regards of that as well afaik; anyway it drives to off-topic and again my apologies for misunderstanding you again. :P

Oh okay. Well I was just going by what Shamac said. And yeah, there may have been exceptions, but it's called an "exception" for a reason.

It's alright, glad we managed to understand each other.

*snip*

Using staff Pokemon in ranked PvP goes against everything you wanted for the staff and this game.

How can GMs enforce rules and fair play when they openly admit to using Pokemon which give them a hand-picked advantage?

lol i dont see any advantage there lol doesnt make them win or anything.

unknown.png

BIDOOOOOOOF

*snip*

Using staff Pokemon in ranked PvP goes against everything you wanted for the staff and this game.

How can GMs enforce rules and fair play when they openly admit to using Pokemon which give them a hand-picked advantage?

lol i dont see any advantage there lol doesnt make them win or anything.

Don't see any advantage? Just talking numbers here the average legendary we will get is 30 BST lower than a staff 600 BST pokemon. Most huntable pokemon that staff use are obscenely difficult to obtain so even the best in server are around 20 BST lower than the staff's pokemon. That is a clear advantage and can be seen as Deidara/Kagawa is in 2nd place on Red Server.

First of all, to me, there is a difference between using an epic Talonflame and an epic (or non-epic for that matter) Latios and i believe there should be an option in the poll that differentiates between, for example, a staff Latios and a Staff Talonflame. No players have the option to use a latios that could otherwise be powerful in the meta. People can prepare for Talonflame. But something like Latios using Draco Meteor and Psyshocking Blissey while also being a potential defogger (and definitely the best in PRO by far) that breaks meta is really not fun for the players taking competitive PvP very seriously since they don't have the options.

And regarding not having the same options. This also applies to pseudo non-obtainable pokemon like Correct nature, high IVs, hidden ability, hidden power fire Serperior. It's not possible to get this pokemon in a reasonable time so don't say players can obtain it. It even requires ms active every time you want to battle Bugsy.

I believe staff members shouldn't feel like they are getting attacked when competitive players play in a system where they can get 1 rating and lose 40 rating and they then get decimated by a random Latios coming out of nowhere from a second dimension, making them feel helpless, unprepared without having the option to use it themselves. We're talking ranked gaming. I haven't met a single player yet who's been upset that staff members simply have one of these staff pokes in their possession.

If some players are only using their vote to get personal revenge on a staff member it's definitely pathetic though.

I don't think it's fair to accuse players taking competition seriously for hating / not respecting staff members when they feel like they aren't on equal terms with other players in terms of options for using powerful pokemon.

I don't mind staff using their pokemon in non-ranked battles where they fight some friends for example. Seems kind of ridicilous to ban this to me. Of course, tournaments technically aren't ranked so in official tournaments the same rules should apply as in ranked. Then it should up to unofficial tournament organizers to decide their opinion on this.

TL:DR:

With no option in the poll to differentiate between an epic unobtainable Latios (or pseudo-unobtainable like the Serperior i talked about) and an epic obtainable (the pokemon itself not counting perfect IVs) Talonflame:

* I vote no, but I don't mind staff using edited pokemon in non ranked battle.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

I'm not sure where this thread is even going, or if its already been settled, but I'll just leave my opinion anyways (not that it matters.)

I'm not sure why, or who suggested it, but allowing staff members to obtain very desirable pokemon like latios or zapdos, just isn't right. These pokemon should be given to the community the same way jirachi and celebi etc are. If you can just spawn them for staff members why can't you create a quest around it so that the community can also have a chance at using them? Just seems like a no-brainer to me. Staff wants a zapdos as a reward? Why? You can catch it like the rest of us woud be able to. Want a Rayquaza? Ok cool, shiny? Check. Perfect ivs? Check. These are the kinds of pokemon I imagined staff being rewarded with. Epic legendary pokemon that even the community wouldn't be able to use in pvp anyways with the 600 Base restriction. Even a perfect iv talonflame is beatable. Deidara is using one, but that doesn't mean it's the reason he's winning.

Deidara7 has consistently been at the top of the ladder ever since I met him. The problem is when a staff is gifted an epic usable mon like latios or zapdos but in turn KNOWS how to abuse such a pokemon. Give latios to someone but they don't know how to use it? Well you know the story with that one.

I don't think staff shouldn't be given a reward. That is more than justified. However, I don't think they should be given a reward that is so monstrous that they in turn destroy the entire ladder with it becase the pvp community has no answer for it and can't possibly prepare for it.

Thanks for reading.