Upcoming patch discussion

Sermacabro

Re: Upcoming updates DRAMA [POLL]

<r><QUOTE author="chameleon" post_id="382642" time="1494083623" user_id="585050"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382638" time="1494083527" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

Oh yeah well i might have made a mistake but it's still not really economicaly viable since that's just for one poke. And with 180$ you could make around 16m so pretty sure you can get two epics with that<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Viable is a relative term. You could be earning 5k a month, I could be earning 25k a month and could justify spending $180 for a Pokemon. In the end, it still is p2w.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Well i never agreed with this update but yeah viable is relative indeed</r>

Freddie_forum_size.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Upcoming updates DRAMA [POLL]

<r><QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382643" time="1494083662" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="chameleon" post_id="382631" time="1494083282" user_id="585050"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382613" time="1494082205" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

actually the odds are (1/31)*(1/31) since we're talking about two slots and yeah i'm aware the calcs are not 100% accurate but still not too far from reality i think since locking 5 to just reroll one is just more expensive<br/>

and lastly ivs are not the only thing that matter when you pvp <E>:Grin:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

The odds are (1/31)*(1/31) only if you're calculating it like this: "Given that the first roll is not 31, the other roll is 31".<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Yeah those odds are the ones of getting 31 at the same time my bad. Not a huge fan of probabilities xD<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Don't worry. I saw your initial post almost instantly and started my calculations shortly after. Had to ask around for help or else I would've failed miserably. <E>:Smile:</E> Was a good practice anyway though :P</r>

Guest UnknownUser11

I wonder if i just write a post about how greedy i am and how many of the 100 Lamborghinis that are painted yellow with pikachu's on them. It would make more sense..

my god you really love to pull my comments out of context, i didnt call people nobs, it was in response to someone elses comment.

I wonder if i just write a post about how greedy i am and how many of the 100 Lamborghinis that are painted yellow with pikachu's on them. It would make more sense..

my god you really love to pull my comments out of context, i didnt call people nobs, it was in response to someone elses comment.

Or you could... just tell people they're worrying about nothing and that this isn't going to be implemented, now or in the future, and we can all forget about this episode...

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

Guest UnknownUser11

Im still undecided, i'm leaning towards a maybe not right now.

However the amount of hate going on is crazy, there is more trying to make me look bad then constructive anything going on and I find that tells alot about the users character

However the amount of hate going on is crazy, there is more trying to make me look bad then constructive anything going on and I find that tells alot about the users character

Well, the hate going on was mostly from the comments on twitch taking out of context, but all people are asking for is to NOT add it or as I suggest to add it with making it more risky by removing the iv's locking feature or making it even 3X expensive, something reasonable to make people economize on using them and to make farming them from bosses worth it. Adds more to the game that way.

It's a subject that people care about, of course passions will flare.

I'd say it's actually been rather civil for a gaming community that believes, rightly or wrongly, that the game is headed in a P2W direction. Mostly calculations, discussion, and any attacks are directed at the action, not the person.

I hope you'll take into consideration that the poll's sample size was 5-10% of the population of PRO, and the results skewed more than three standard deviations from what we would expect if opinions were evenly divided on both sides. There is, I will admit, currently an echo chamber in this forum - almost no one is arguing in favor of the changes and those that do are quickly shut down and only fuel the flames.

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

Guest UnknownUser11

It already would cost some thousands of coins to "perfect" ivs on a single Pokemon on average with the current pricing. I tried it a bunch of times.

So its not really worth paying for at all. But i'm taking in all constructive suggestions like yours HusseinM, that was a good suggestion.

Solution is so damn simple. From the PM i recently sent to Red. [mention]Shane[/mention]

''I would love to suggest a review on the EV-Randomizer that might be purchasable with coins, from what i hear in the various discord servers i'm in, this will lead to many people to instantly leave due to the 'slap on the face' they get for the work they have done so far. It incentivates players to stop playing at all and instead simply find a way to generate enough IRL or in-game money to change the ivs. Economy will get a terrible hit, with pokemons losing market power from one day to the other and risking a potential monopoly from people with high IRL money, much like botters did with shinies market.

I perfectly understand the reason behind the change, it was one of my strongest beliefs that players should be allowed to control the IVs to a certain extent as an anti-badluck solution. However the currency used, be it real money or ingame money, is not the solution.

We know for sure the technology to block and reroll single IVs exist and was already shown in Shane's latest video. Why not implement the idea i previously suggested, which basically consists of changing the price of rerolls from pure coins to actual pokemons (trade an OT gible to reroll 1 IV on your main Gible. Price is just indicatory and can be adapted). This will completly resolve the RNG and lack of a consistent reward for the time spent problem and will ensure maximum enjoyability for the community, which translates into a higher afflux of new or returning players in the game, more Membership being sold as well as the new +20% h.a medallion. Money will still be generated, simply boosting the demand of already existing and very important items rather than adding a new currency which is potentially detrimental for the short term future of the game. Just my idea :kiss: ''

It already would cost some thousands of coins to "perfect" ivs on a single Pokemon on average with the current pricing. I tried it a bunch of times.

So its not really worth paying for at all. But i'm taking in all constructive suggestions like yours HusseinM, that was a good suggestion.

Maybe you can make it to just one iv roll for each pokemon.