Upcoming patch discussion

Sermacabro

Re: New upcoming patch analysis: Stop Useless DRAMA

<t>It is not a secret that for months the creator of Pokemon Revolution Online is working on a version 2.0 of this game, unfortunately I am a pessimistic person, end all this makes me think of a move to move everyone in the other game.<br/>

I explain better:<br/>

<br/>

With the possibility of shaping any pokemon ​​at will, time counts and accumulated experience will no longer make any sense because is anyone looking at the internet could build war machines (Exemple Smogon).<br/>

<br/>

Farming it would not make sense to look for pokemon other than any other, provided they have the correct ability.<br/>

<br/>

The market would collapse because everyone with the help of money could increase the chances of finding rare pokemon. (Example: Everyone could find a Dragonite with multiscale, now paid millions).<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

So do not tell stories, PRO will become a pay to win, and many players will not like this.</t>

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: State of the Game

<r><QUOTE author="NemesisPR21" post_id="382528" time="1494067950" user_id="1100556"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="ZebraBrian" post_id="382455" time="1494048759" user_id="1215815"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="NemesisPR21" post_id="382394" time="1494035739" user_id="1100556"><s>

</s><br/>

Shane cant get money for the game. I mean, the money he gain is for the servers. He cant get profit and use it to party or buy a house.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

He definitely does make money, he doesn't use great servers which don't cost a whole lot. Pretty sure he stated once PRO is his second income, also he wouldn't keep the game up if he wasn't making a profit he wouldn't work for free<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Pokemon has copyrights. If he gets profit, he can be sued by Game Freak or the ownerd of the brand.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

He already CAN get sued. Nintendo just doesn't care enough anymore to actually do it, since shane is draining less income from them than the legal fees to sue him would cost. Up until then he can do whatever the hell he wants.</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

<t>Well even if everything will be implemented, I'm no longer motivated to play even if I only have like 200 hours in game, cause with 2.0 coming out, this will probably shut down; so why bother even? All progress will be lost eventually and the new game will be considered a reset. It's just a money seeking move, no more no less sadly, and apparently the community doesn't have much of a saying in it cause it has already been decided... so instead of working on this game and making it better it's just a money fuel for the next game while this is more like a hobby I think.</t>

<t>You can be sure if this of coins come out me and most of the loyal players will leave and never forget this move Shane you will be in the black list for destroying such a nice game</t>

<r><QUOTE author="HusseinM" post_id="382599" time="1494081049" user_id="1638690"><s>

</s><br/>

Well even if everything will be implemented, I'm no longer motivated to play even if I only have like 200 hours in game, cause with 2.0 coming out, this will probably shut down; so why bother even? All progress will be lost eventually and the new game will be considered a reset. It's just a money seeking move, no more no less sadly, and apparently the community doesn't have much of a saying in it cause it has already been decided... so instead of working on this game and making it better it's just a money fuel for the next game while this is more like a hobby I think.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

This update literally screams OBVIOUS CASHGRAB, he' not even trying to hide it anymore lmfao</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Re: Upcoming updates DRAMA [POLL]

<r>Just gonna post this here because i think many people are just overreacting on the reroll thingy. <br/>

let's say you got extremely lucky and got already 4 ivs 31 then you need to lock them and reroll the two others. That in itself costs 68 coins. Then the odds of getting 31 twice with one reroll are 0.001 so to have 25% odds of getting the last two 31s you'd need an average of 240 rerolls which equals to 16320 coins which amounts to about 820$<br/>

<br/>

So yeah reroll to get better ivs is still not as viable as hunting imo.<br/>

Feel free to disagree and react with concrete arguments if you want a debate <E>:Smile:</E></r>

Freddie_forum_size.png

<r><QUOTE author="Raffy1995" post_id="382581" time="1494077903" user_id="815539"><s>

</s><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

How about you take a moment to consider that nothing in this patch is actual content, which has been severely lacking over the past several months? This only makes it all the more obvious what the trajectory of the game is. Sinnoh will likely never be released.</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

<r><QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382602" time="1494081284" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

Just gonna post this here because i think many people are just overreacting on the reroll thingy. <br/>

let's say you got extremely lucky and got already 4 ivs 31 then you need to lock them and reroll the two others. That in itself costs 68 coins. Then the odds of getting 31 twice with one reroll are 0.001 so to have 25% odds of getting the last two 31s you'd need an average of 24000 rerolls which equals to 1633700 coins which amounts to about 82000$<br/>

<br/>

Feel free to disagree and react with concrete arguments if you want a debate <E>:Smile:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

viable or not it's still a literal cash grab of a feature that serves little to no purpose</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

<r><QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382602" time="1494081284" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

Just gonna post this here because i think many people are just overreacting on the reroll thingy. <br/>

let's say you got extremely lucky and got already 4 ivs 31 then you need to lock them and reroll the two others. That in itself costs 68 coins. Then the odds of getting 31 twice with one reroll are 0.001 so to have 25% odds of getting the last two 31s you'd need an average of 24000 rerolls which equals to 1633700 coins which amounts to about 82000$<br/>

<br/>

Feel free to disagree and react with concrete arguments if you want a debate <E>:Smile:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Actually the chances would be (0.0313) or 3.125% as it's 2/62 considering we are talking about 2 Iv's slots, but then again you're forgetting the chances of getting a single one of them to 31 while the other stays at any other high number like 30 or 29 or 28. because then again not all pokemons need full iv's. so you need to take that into your calculations. <br/>

One doesn't need to be lucky, some people already have over 100m and I have seen screenshots with someone over 300m. If this move doesn't break the economy it will break pvp with making rich people so op it would be impossible for new players to even get about rank 10 due to items/perfect iv's from older player which will keep most people away from pvp and with economy not caring about buying pokes cause they can make their own with the money :3 then Pokemon showdown is much better at least everything works there. <E>:Grin:</E></r>