Upcoming patch discussion

Sermacabro

Re: Upcoming updates DRAMA [POLL]

<r><QUOTE author="idkup" post_id="382608" time="1494081815" user_id="1458148"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382602" time="1494081284" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

Just gonna post this here because i think many people are just overreacting on the reroll thingy. <br/>

let's say you got extremely lucky and got already 4 ivs 31 then you need to lock them and reroll the two others. That in itself costs 68 coins. Then the odds of getting 31 twice with one reroll are 0.001 so to have 25% odds of getting the last two 31s you'd need an average of 24000 rerolls which equals to 1633700 coins which amounts to about 82000$<br/>

<br/>

So yeah reroll to get better ivs is still not as viable as hunting imo.<br/>

Feel free to disagree and react with concrete arguments if you want a debate <E>:Smile:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

viable or not it's still a literal cash grab of a feature that serves little to no purpose<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Yeah i agree on that but in the end it might just end up a dead feature</r>

Freddie_forum_size.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<r><QUOTE author="HusseinM" post_id="382611" time="1494082098" user_id="1638690"><s>

</s><br/>

</s><br/>

Just gonna post this here because i think many people are just overreacting on the reroll thingy. <br/>

let's say you got extremely lucky and got already 4 ivs 31 then you need to lock them and reroll the two others. That in itself costs 68 coins. Then the odds of getting 31 twice with one reroll are 0.001 so to have 25% odds of getting the last two 31s you'd need an average of 24000 rerolls which equals to 1633700 coins which amounts to about 82000$<br/>

<br/>

Feel free to disagree and react with concrete arguments if you want a debate <E>:Smile:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Actually the chances would be (0.0313) or 3.125% as it's 2/62 considering we are talking about 2 Iv's slots, but then again you're forgetting the chances of getting a single one of them to 31 while the other stays at any other high number like 30 or 29 or 28. because then again not all pokemons need full iv's. so you need to take that into your calculations. <br/>

One doesn't need to be lucky, some people already have over 100m and I have seen screenshots with someone over 300m. If this move doesn't break the economy it will break pvp with making rich people so op it would be impossible for new players to even get about rank 10 due to items/perfect iv's from older player which will keep most people away from pvp and with economy not caring about buying pokes cause they can make their own with the money :3 then Pokemon showdown is much better at least everything works there. <E>:Grin:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

actually the odds are (1/31)*(1/31) since we're talking about two slots and yeah i'm aware the calcs are not 100% accurate but still not too far from reality i think since locking 5 to just reroll one is just more expensive<br/>

and lastly ivs are not the only thing that matter when you pvp <E>:Grin:</E></r>

Freddie_forum_size.png

Guest UnknownUser11

Re: New upcoming patch analysis: Stop Useless DRAMA

<r><QUOTE author="idkup" post_id="382603" time="1494081321" user_id="1458148"><s>

</s><br/>

How about you take a moment to consider that nothing in this patch is actual content, which has been severely lacking over the past several months? This only makes it all the more obvious what the trajectory of the game is. Sinnoh will likely never be released.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

How about you realise he mentioned like a tiny amount of things out of a big list of things to come in the update, and the 1 thing you are all complaining about isn't definite like i said already if you scroll up.</r>

Guest UnknownUser11

<r><QUOTE author="Shane" post_id="382582" time="1494078442" user_id="2"><s>

</s><br/>

this is like.. 1% of the updates coming. Please wait for lots more ^^<br/>

<br/>

<GLOW glow="red"><s>[glow=red]</s>Also haven't made a 100% decision on the IV reset thing yet.<e>[/glow]</e></GLOW><br/>

Although it costs 20 for a normal reroll, and then add 12 more for each IV you lock.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE></r>

<r><QUOTE author="Shane" post_id="382617" time="1494082300" user_id="2"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="Shane" post_id="382582" time="1494078442" user_id="2"><s>

</s><br/>

<br/>

<GLOW glow="red"><s>[glow=red]</s>Also haven't made a 100% decision on the IV reset thing yet.<e>[/glow]</e></GLOW><br/>

Although it costs 20 for a normal reroll, and then add 12 more for each IV you lock.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Based on the comments you made on twitch, which were posted on this thread, you seem to have made your decision ^^<br/>

<br/>

It's your game, you do with it as you wish. Just don't expect me or others to agree with your decisions.<br/>

<br/>

Edit: it was on the thread with the poll, not this one, my bad</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

<r><QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382613" time="1494082205" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="HusseinM" post_id="382611" time="1494082098" user_id="1638690"><s>

</s><br/>

</s><br/>

<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Actually the chances would be (0.0313) or 3.125% as it's 2/62 considering we are talking about 2 Iv's slots, but then again you're forgetting the chances of getting a single one of them to 31 while the other stays at any other high number like 30 or 29 or 28. because then again not all pokemons need full iv's. so you need to take that into your calculations. <br/>

One doesn't need to be lucky, some people already have over 100m and I have seen screenshots with someone over 300m. If this move doesn't break the economy it will break pvp with making rich people so op it would be impossible for new players to even get about rank 10 due to items/perfect iv's from older player which will keep most people away from pvp and with economy not caring about buying pokes cause they can make their own with the money :3 then Pokemon showdown is much better at least everything works there. <E>:Grin:</E><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

actually the odds are (1/31)*(1/31) since we're talking about two slots and yeah i'm aware the calcs are not 100% accurate but still not too far from reality i think since locking 5 to just reroll one is just more expensive<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

True, but it's still wasn't requested by anyone and came out of nowhere, I mean the time spent working on that could have gone to adding more abilities and moves and fixing things like Baton pass and such, people would donate to get Ms and such so they could grind more and not get bored quickly. Add this and what will happen? rich people will pay then get bored and eventually quit and everything will die. The new game will be made but what? nobody will play because it's from the same person who ruined their last one... The pokemon community even if large not all people know about mmo's on the Internet so it will mostly be the same people.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Shane" post_id="382617" time="1494082300" user_id="2"><s>

</s><br/>

</s><br/>

<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Can you at least consider removing the "Lock" feature if you're still considering the Iv's reset thing then? it doesn't make sense for players to be able to "Adjust" them at will if the goal of it is to "Randomize" it. <E>:Ambivalent:</E> Just a thought.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="HusseinM" post_id="382622" time="1494082561" user_id="1638690"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="Shane" post_id="382617" time="1494082300" user_id="2"><s>

</s><br/>

</s><br/>

<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Can you at least consider removing the "Lock" feature if you're still considering the Iv's reset thing then? it doesn't make sense for players to be able to "Adjust" them at will if the goal of it is to "Randomize" it. <E>:Ambivalent:</E> Just a thought.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

If he's still considering it with this level of outrage I doubt he's going to change anything.</r>

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

<r><QUOTE author="HusseinM" post_id="382620" time="1494082399" user_id="1638690"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="Frrf" post_id="382613" time="1494082205" user_id="962988"><s>

</s><br/>

<QUOTE author="HusseinM" post_id="382611" time="1494082098" user_id="1638690"><s>

</s><br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

True, but it's still wasn't requested by anyone and came out of nowhere, I mean the time spent working on that could have gone to adding more abilities and moves and fixing things like Baton pass and such, people would donate to get Ms and such so they could grind more and not get bored quickly. Add this and what will happen? rich people will pay then get bored and eventually quit and everything will die. The new game will be made but what? nobody will play because it's from the same person who ruined their last one... The pokemon community even if large not all people know about mmo's on the Internet so it will mostly be the same people.<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE><br/>

<br/>

Well i agree with that but i just think that ivs reroll will be Nothing more than a dead feature and that's what i'm trying to explain here that's all</r>

Freddie_forum_size.png