[PVP] Forfeit button

Adam

I agree with the forfeit button. For those against:

- It's not about encourage forfeititing, it's about giving a chance to forfeit;

- You don't need to beat down 6 pokemon to feel like a champion - for god sake - just accept your opponent's loss/surrender/forfeit;

- The forfeit button would have a confirmation message to avoid missclicks;

I disagree majorly; if you get sweeped take it like a real trainer and the match is over within a few minutes.

- And how is accepting defeat and clicking forfeit not "taking it like a real trainer" ? You'll save both players the minutes you talked about, that instead of used to move forward to another match, they're wasted on a losing fight.

So the only really decent argument against the button would be the boosting issue. Because if staff do their job in investigating strange cases as forfeiting 3 times in a row vs the same guy, the button's clean. But if investigating match history is hard for a staff to do, then I understand the skepticism on the forfeit button. Avoiding features that in general help the playerbase, because some like to play dirty, is kinda dumb tho in my honest opinion.

EDIT: If it was programmed to not allow 2 forfeits in less than 10 minutes, then the button wouldn't encourage more boosting than what may already be happening at the moment. Just requires more coding.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the forfeit button. For those against:

- It's not about encourage forfeititing, it's about giving a chance to forfeit;

- You don't need to beat down 6 pokemon to feel like a champion - for god sake - just accept your opponent's loss/surrender/forfeit;

- The forfeit button would have a confirmation message to avoid missclicks;

I disagree majorly; if you get sweeped take it like a real trainer and the match is over within a few minutes.

- And how is accepting defeat and clicking forfeit not "taking it like a real trainer" ? You'll save both players the minutes you talked about, that instead of used to move forward to another match, they're wasted on a losing fight.

So the only really decent argument against the button would be the boosting issue. Because if staff do their job in investigating strange cases as forfeiting 3 times in a row vs the same guy, the button's clean. But if investigating match history is hard for a staff to do, then I understand the skepticism on the forfeit button. Avoiding features that in general help the playerbase, because some like to play dirty, is kinda dumb tho in my honest opinion.

EDIT: If it was programmed to not allow 2 forfeits in less than 10 minutes, then the button wouldn't encourage more boosting than what may already be happening at the moment. Just requires more coding.

Aren't we allowed to have our own opinion? I dislike winning by forfeit and prefer to win by defeating all six. That's why I'm against this suggestion and I think a 10 min penalty for disconnecting is good.

dGi82ug.png

Bruh, you're entitled to your opinion, the thing is - Your opinion is based on a personal feeling preference. What about those who dislike getting 6-0'ed and rather click the forfeit button ? What about their feelings ?

This is suppose to be a practical functionality for pvpers to not waste their time on losing fights, I couldn't care less about either side's feelings, winners or losers.

I agree with this. I think itd be better than having to go through a sweep if you know its hopeless.

But also its ranked so you should be prepared to go through it all. So it just depends.

Except if you only play for fun and don't want non enjoyable 30 minutes long battles vs stall.

Freddie_forum_size.png

I agree with this. I think itd be better than having to go through a sweep if you know its hopeless.

But also its ranked so you should be prepared to go through it all. So it just depends.

Except if you only play for fun and don't want non enjoyable 30 minutes long battles vs stall.

Then play unranked?

tcNq4rS.gifhH0OPUc.giftcNq4rS.gif

pMXUCMF.gif

Bruh, you're entitled to your opinion, the thing is - Your opinion is based on a personal feeling preference. What about those who dislike getting 6-0'ed and rather click the forfeit button ? What about their feelings ?

This is suppose to be a practical functionality for pvpers to not waste their time on losing fights, I couldn't care less about either side's feelings, winners or losers.

Ofcourse my opinion is based on a personal preference. That's the same with yours and everyones opinion. But not everyone sees this as a practical funcionality.

I lose more battles than I win but I still don't like this idea. People will forfeit almost always when they are down to one pokemon and the opposing team has 2 or more left, which is the case in 90% of pvp matches. It's not fun for the opposing team.

The only time I would agree to be able to forfeit is when you lost easily against someone and have to play them again the next match.

dGi82ug.png

Then play unranked?

The thing is there are no rules in unranked

Freddie_forum_size.png

I disagree. Forfeiting shouldn't be encouraged.

Why? I respect your opinion but you don't give reasons. Sometimes you just know the battle is lost, and continue playing it is a waste of time for both players.. additionally, it can be frustrating for the losing player, and often it leads to a rage quit, or at least an intentional disconnection, which creates trouble because as we can't differentiate real disconnect from intentional quitting, making a fair ranking system is difficult.

Because it's not fun for the opponent. I rather win by defeating six pokemon than by disconnection.

Yeah indeed, I understand that it is fun to crush someone, but sometimes it's the opponent that is crushing you, and for that case I appreciate being able to surrender to make the pain shorter and move on to another match. And I may be repeating myself but it's also time saved for the opponent, even if he really likes to beat someone hard.

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]