"The Daily Crash"

Shay3100

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, it would be more efficient to keep us, the players in the loop. Like most beta games they update what's going etc it keeps the peace and keeps topics friendly and constructive. I know how ever that will most likely not happen all we can do is hope these issues that keep happening get resolved. :Light:

EVILONE

I think everyone wants to know what is causing this and what is going on yeah, if we know the reason this is happening players would understand it better then "Don't ask, it happends". There is no reason to hide it as far as I know? You have some very smart people in here, if you guys have trouble finding the solution who knows, there might even be some players who know some way of fixing it.

Server stability is something thats being worked on, which means some crashes might happen. Various things can be the reason of it, yet its hard to tell, it takes data mining to figure out what was the cause, more time to code a fix or just a random crash from overcapacitating/deadlocking. Aside from schedules reboots, crashes are impossible to detect and given the fact that trusting random players or staff with 0 knowledge about server maintenance (Me, for example) is not something you'll see in any game. Its a very delicate process. Long story short, its not uncommon to have server issues in early beta mmorpg games, none the less, they will be worked on as soon as they happen.

54440 I think everyone wants to know what is causing this and what is going on yeah, if we know the reason this is happening players would understand it better then "Don't ask, it happends". There is no reason to hide it as far as I know? You have some very smart people in here, if you guys have trouble finding the solution who knows, there might even be some players who know some way of fixing it.

With all due respect, you really don't need to know the reason, it happens from time to time and it will be worked soon after. Literally making a new accouncement for every crash is just unnecessary spam. Plus, only shane is the one who fixes those issues, meaning that its ok as long as he knows.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

54944 Server stability is something thats being worked on, which means some crashes might happen. Various things can be the reason of it, yet its hard to tell, it takes data mining to figure out what was the cause, more time to code a fix or just a random crash from overcapacitating/deadlocking. Aside from schedules reboots, crashes are impossible to detect and given the fact that trusting random players or staff with 0 knowledge about server maintenance (Me, for example) is not something you'll see in any game. Its a very delicate process. Long story short, its not uncommon to have server issues in early beta mmorpg games, none the less, they will be worked on as soon as they happen.
54440 I think everyone wants to know what is causing this and what is going on yeah, if we know the reason this is happening players would understand it better then "Don't ask, it happends". There is no reason to hide it as far as I know? You have some very smart people in here, if you guys have trouble finding the solution who knows, there might even be some players who know some way of fixing it.

With all due respect, you really don't need to know the reason, it happens from time to time and it will be worked soon after. Literally making a new accouncement for every crash is just unnecessary spam. Plus, only shane is the one who fixes those issues, meaning that its ok as long as he knows.

thanks for replay. you gave me the answers i needed, thanks.

Big thanks to Auras for that sig!

20hrbfa.png

crashes dont need to be explained, crashes happen.

unfortunately it happens a lot. but shane is currently rewriting the server backend. the base server bits were based on PWOs server code (which everyone knows sucks ass). this will be remedied soon when we finish optimising.

shane is also currently working on overhauling the battle system. so he is plenty busy. So any queries can be directed at me, not him since he has a lot on his plate.

thank you all for playing and helping make this game better.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

54965 crashes dont need to be explained, crashes happen.

unfortunately it happens a lot. but shane is currently rewriting the server backend. the base server bits were based on PWOs server code (which everyone knows sucks REMOVED). this will be remedied soon when we finish optimising.

shane is also currently working on overhauling the battle system. so he is plenty busy. So any queries can be directed at me, not him since he has a lot on his plate.

thank you all for playing and helping make this game better.

I appreciate your comment, thanks. Battle system is fine, for my opinion he should focus on overhauling storage its annoying to search for poke when have 25pages, but already made a suggetions.

Big thanks to Auras for that sig!

20hrbfa.png