Game Time Requirements

Heiach

[mention]Heiach[/mention], the reasons were already mentioned

it is quite possible to get 1000 hours and almost all of my friends have more than this :P I gotta admit 1000 hours should be the overall maximum though since it's highly discouraging to see those hour requirements when you just started :P

wY67l7E.png

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

PRO is almost 2 years old, there bounds to be people with more than 1k hours playtime :Crazy:

Also, Genesect is one of the most powerful legend in the franchise. Its base SpAtk and base Atk are equal to Arceus', with its only drawback being its 99 base Speed, which is still really fast especially when Scarfed. And being Bug/Steel means it only has 1 weakness, along with 8 resistances and 1 immunity.

And its Download ability, when it works properly, means it can get a stat boost for free just for being sent into the battle, and the stat increase makes use of its opponent's lower defensive stat, meaning if you have something with bad SpDef (which means it takes huge damage from Special attacks), Genesect's Special attack will hit even harder thanks to Download, ensuring a one hit KO.

So it makes sense that they put that 150+ IV and 1000 hours playtime requirement on it. The requirement needs to be really hard for such a strong legend.

Would be ridiculously strong in PvP, but fortunately it's banned.

However, isn't 500 hours enough of an hour wall?

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

1k hours is honestly ridiculous (and i'm speaking as someone with 1k hours)

I would suggest halving all game-time requirements: most bosses drop to between 50 and 150 hours; first legendaries circa 180, dogs 400, genesect 500

lol no, and heres why.

Legendary pokemon are meant for only the most dedicated of players. If youre dedicated enough, u deserve to have access to them.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I would suggest halving all game-time requirements: most bosses drop to between 50 and 150 hours; first legendaries circa 180, dogs 400, genesect 500

lol no, and heres why.

Legendary pokemon are meant for only the most dedicated of players. If youre dedicated enough, u deserve to have access to them.

500 hours seems like a pretty heavy time investment / dedication to me...

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

lol no, and heres why.

500 hours seems like a pretty heavy time investment / dedication to me...

We already have 750 hours leg, don't see the point in making genesect 500k.

If I remember:

Mew 350

Dogs 700

Genesect 1000

Yes, maybe we miss a step at 500 (if it's not something like Phione, don't know).. but I think Genesect should stay at 1000.

Dedicated players will play a lot regardless of the existence or not of super high-end rewards such as Genesect. Sounds like just a bit of love to those who are hardcore and gave a lot of playtime to the game which is more than legit. Also dedicated players with under 1000 hours shouldn't feel bad about the req, because you know you'll get there with little to no effort - just a matter of time, and since it's a one time encounter, it doesn't need to be rushed.

If you have under 1000 hours and you're sour about the req - I question your dedication, because you should be playing for the game, not for the bug.

I get what idkup is saying, but the exact number of hours to judge if the dedication to the game is reward/content worthy is on the devs/staff criteria. Sure we can give our opinion and suggest and we think it's best but this matter is subjective so Thor's judgement will be hard to change because we can't say straight up why 500/700/666 is better than 1000. Personally I'm fine with 1000, or even 2000, I honestly don't care - I'm just happy we got access to the beast.

Well but what should i do ingame if im not interested in pvp? For myself i try to catch every pokemon and the only ones im missing atm i cant catch Due to the hour requirement. Atm i got around 450h playtime and i seriously dont know how to get even close to 750 for the dogs :O

Help me to finish my pokedex on red server! Im in search of: Tepig- Blitzle - Mienfoo - Furfrou

I know reason why this time req is needed but still i think its too much time between ending story mode and even hit mew req. I understand difference between old quests and new too but look at this from players side there is not that many things to do... I spend like 450h in game its enough time to do every region story lane, most of secondary quests and still i waste a lot of time to exp many pokes to 100lvl for rly no reason... (its even enough time to full ev them etc). nay i spend a lot of time to hunt not that common pokes by my self like skrelp or pink pokes even last week i just try to hunt a clone charmander bcz nothing more i can do at this time (yes i know i can do battle with players but its different metagame at all). And you know what? i cant even go afk and hit this playtime req by that :(. Rly this numbers in req (as i say itself requirement its ok) is terrible and hit this game to two type of players. competitive who spend a lot of time at pvp/prepare team for that and not that honest players who use bots bcz they dont want to spend their time to move left and right on single grass all of the playtime like me...

if i may suggest

Mew 350 -> 150 yes rly and its why: i needed ~100h to end hoen and i think 50 more is nice for most players to achieve that point (to celebi and Jirachi i think dogs time will be nice because catch/evo req is high enough)

Dogs -> ~200 bcz 50h more after mew is enough time to exp it and do some event (if its actualy happen) and still you need to hunt pokes to your dex celebi/jiarachi

Genesect -> 300h and only because its fresh quest and it need some delay (and change that after next big one)

Blue Server

Just another normal guy who is a pokemon master for fun

Not only is it a reward for dedicated players, it's still something to play for. Often times games consider small achievements like 200 hours of game time as their final reward tiers. It's taken me over a year to get my 1100 hours and i've played consistently the entire time through, because I still have things (like Genesect) to look forward to.

Also lets not forget their will likely be a Sinnoh Legendary poke released (Manaphy/something idk) that will likely require between 450-500 hours, just based on natural progression and how the other Legendaries have been awarded to players.