Adapt staff generated pokes to PvP Ranked

Aventureur

Should there be special rules for staff reward pokes in Ranked PvP ?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be special rules for staff reward pokes in Ranked PvP ?

• No, they can play anything as long as those are not banned pokemons
    • Yes, they should be 20+ random generated pokemons
    • Yes, they should play a maximum of one staff generated pokemon

[glow=orange]Hello ![/glow]

I know the topic about banning staff generated pokes from pvp has been discussed before and it ended in a 38% in favor of keeping them ( anyway these votes were not bound to enforce a decision, just to see the players views).

This topic is just a try to think of a way to make it acceptable for players while letting those epic shinies / legendaries / rare pokes in PvP ranked Battles

:Light:

I wanna discuss 2 options to make them really acceptable in PvP:

[glow=green]1st option:[/glow]

Make them random 20+ with the right nature

If a specific hidden power is needed, the iv will be changed by rounding down

[glow=blue]2nd option:[/glow]

Autorize only 1 staff generated poke per team

[glow=grey]Why do I think it would be better?[/glow]

The 28+ (with 31 in the important iv) staff pokes are often rare pokemons, sometimes with a specific hidden power, => no player on server has the same poke matching their stats

Still it's normal staff get rewards for their efforts and I understand that having PvP pokes is a suitable reward BUT it shouldn't be unfair to other players.

A 20+ rare pokemon with right nature and good hidden power is gonna be among (if not the best) the bests in server while being close to some legit pokemons, so it's not unfair.

The 2nd option is less fair but having to deal with only 1 unfair pokemon is "OK" and still far better than havin to deal with 2 or 3 ( or even 6 ) in the same team

Well :thanks: for reading and enjoy the game

Don't hesitate to share your opinion on the topic

AkenUnD.png

It is very doable to deal with those pokemon and as for Deidara7's case, get a Scarf Magnezone and a Tyranitar; easily counter-able.

(Deidara7 used a Shiny Talonflame Adamant with perfect stats and a Shiny Jolly Jirachi with Scarf also with perfect stats)

git gud?

q9NdX9R.png

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Might sound a bit rude for me to say because I am on the minority side, but I don't think this is necessary. I put a full description on the situation a while back in the other thread, which you can see here.

To be honest, being staff isn't easy (yes, I understand this might be against some people thoughts) and I struggle currently keeping people motivated for work, hence why the rewards are this good and look so perfect.

Nonetheless, this idea of yours would also forcefully intersect with tournament winners, as their rewards would be reduced to the standards you are suggesting.

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

Staff has earned their two mons, there are tons of damnn near perfect mons in pvp anyways. Being staff doesnt automatically allow you to win. Ive seen all 30/31 epics that only the rich can afford. If staff dodnt get it shiny you wouldnt even know. So in my opininion its irrelevant

Untitled.png

Staff has earned their two mons, there are tons of damnn near perfect mons in pvp anyways. Being staff doesnt automatically allow you to win. Ive seen all 30/31 epics that only the rich can afford. If staff dodnt get it shiny you wouldnt even know. So in my opininion its irrelevant

u could always ask yourself that very same question after my shadow lugia wipes your whole team into the floor.

(Its the reason there is a banned pokemon list btw)

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

u could always ask yourself that very same question after my shadow lugia wipes your whole team into the floor.

(Its the reason there is a banned pokemon list btw)

There is the difference. Your generated mon is not a pvp viable mon so it remains banned. My arguement was never defending the use of ubers and unreleased mon in pvp. It was discussing the matter that if a staff works hard and earn a mon, if they chose one that is pvp viable and 600 bs or under, it is inexcusable why they can not use it in pvp. Say i chose epic jirachi and talon like [mention]Kagawa[/mention] and this goes through now i can only use one, but it is possible that someone else could catch and epic jirachi, and buy/catch an epic talon. So the only person screwed in the deal is [mention]Kagawa[/mention] who spent way more time earning those mons than anyone who simply got lucky on jirachi and had money to buy talon. Shadow lugia, grystal onix, megas... etc have no right to be in pvp and you know this. Thus why those types of mons are equally irrelevant in this conversation.

Untitled.png

• 3 weeks later...

Imo the 1st idea of aventureur isnt that bad, just need some more brainstorming around it.

The topic is very sensitive tho .

What everyone agrees on is that staff deserves rewards for their works ( regarding the policy of this community ).

About if they should use it in PvP or not, I think they should be allowed to use thoses and even ALL of thoses ( except'd the one from the banned list of course ) but they shouldnt have 31 IVs on every pokemons they want.

Imo it should fit a logic regarding the tiers of the pokemons. As example if its a Tier 1 pokemon lets say a pidgey , they are allowed to have a maximum of 126 IVs that they can spread themself on their pokemon ( that is equal to 5x31 and the -nature is at 01iv ) . So indeed higher the tier is, lower the overall IVs allowed for the said pokemon gonna be.

Of course the math and the example I did is random to make it easier to understand the logic i'm on, but you defo can max the IVs to 150 or anything U feel fairest in order to have something balanced , and not end with a RIP talonflame. but in my opinion this idea isnt going against the rewarded admins ( since they will still have an advantage over us all in PvP since they can decid how to spread their IVs to still have an advantage in their battle , for example if they need to outspeed a particular mon, or if they need to be able to take one hit from X mons to win the 1v1 behind etc )t and in the other side, its nothing unfair or to much epic/unbeatable for the regular members .

And if one day they find one poke stronger than their rewarded one on the trade, well they're players before anything and they shouldnt become lazy to play after they reach the admin role, so it wont hurt them to spend a couple of Millions to buy a better one on the trade once in a while... Also, this is also a good way to be strategical on what pokemon you decid to ask as a reward, and not only take one of the legendary or one of the rarest pokemon of the game with 31x IVs.

PCznf1X.png?1

If you're good, you could actually beat a perfect team with story mode mons.. its a question of skill :) tho i havnt really partaked in pvp in pro as people get rather abusive around crits, flinches ect..

[highlight=yellow]

<i>[/highlight]</i>