Staff and their name changes

Gambilicious

lots of true words

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i think here we lost the main point of the conversation.

We should separate 2 different aspects:

1- Staff having an identity separated from their player account and the possibility to change their name.

2- Staff changing name and identity for personal advantage and other reasons.

About first point, i guess we all here understand why is important for staff to have a separate identity from player account. If this point is broken by any leak, i dont see any problem in changing identity. I am quite sure we all agree on this, if not, feel free to make me notice where i havent been clear.

About second point. This looks more like a complaining post. If staff made any error in past, he got punished for it as a normal player would have been too.

We are a Team but keep in mind guys that our priority is to grant a pacific and healty game. If a staff among use breaks rules, he gets punished, and even demoted then necessary.

So please, from now on:

Use respectful words toward staff and any other player here and in PRO community. Harassing and verbal abuses or even bad jokes arent allowed.

You are free to talk about "staff changing their name", but do it with respect and respect other players opinions.

I am not going to lock this post since someone else may want to express his opinion, just take this as a warning i case we will have to issue any punishment for future disrespectful events, i repeat, to staff and also players.

So, going back to our conversation, i dont see any problem in changing a staff name to cover his identity. Also if a staffer makes a good job around his role, everyone should only appreciate that, same goes for any kind and good player.

Of course, if you have something to say about a staff abusing his power, making mistakes and similar things, we have private subforum sections for these things. We wont ignore you guys, we just want to ensure a pacific and enjoyable environment in PRO.

Last warning for people not going to read this wall of text:

Every disrespectful event will be punished. For any pacific conversation, feel free to express your idea. For any complain, use proper forum.

Have a great day you all ^^

JAdgaSJ.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Thanks.

Staff have player accounts too. They have an option to decide on whether they want to reveal their identity or not. Some do not prefer to do so as a staff member's player account tends to get disrupted by many PM constantly, ruining their gameplay experience. We should respect their decision whether they want to do it or not.

I understand Gambi's point of view

One of simple illustration is like " players need to know who handle their report, like is the said staff have a problem with us or no with their primary account?" It's like it can affect their objectivity on their decisions and if we know they have a problem or being unfair with us, we have our right to forward our report to other staff.

In addition, I believe if the staff itself is trustable, fair and doesn't harm anything to us, it's not a problem for them to reveal their identity. Also, we (players) can monitor their player account as well, about their attitude when use their primary account. We did this in the past though and I didn't see any problem with that.

Although, I don't have a problem with this, but I can understand for those who have a trust issue and threaten unfairly by some staffs.

perfectly said and i hope ppl can look past their feelings towards me and value your opinion.

On the other hand, I totally understand where you're coming from, although I don't see it as a need for staff to reveal their player account.

However, every staff member's actions are regularly monitored by the lead of each rank, or an admin if necessary.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-24_at_6.57.52_PM.png

Leads are those with a star on their tag

If they feel the decision of the staff member is unjustified, the decision is brought up and discussed among the group, and changed if deserved.

Therefore, I do not think the said topic is much of a concern.

tumblr_m7tyyaYuDK1r99f4t.gif

[mention]Lucareus[/mention],

Also if a staffer makes a good job around his role, everyone should only appreciate that, same goes for any kind and good player.

dunno if you have been around long enough but this is clearly not true or at least it's not like you wish it was lol

If staff made any error in past, he got punished for it as a normal player would have been too.

Disagree, I have seen this multiple times and can provide proof that nothing other than a little clap on the hand and don't do that again was done

Use respectful words toward staff and any other player here and in PRO community.

I will take this also as a non true fact (you wish it would be like that since rules require that), seen staffs insulting players a few times on their player accounts without punishment; proof is there if needed.

So, going back to our conversation, i dont see any problem in changing a staff name to cover his identity.

This is more of a problem of staffs being biased towards a situation; I don't want a biased staff to handle my cases; I don't trust certain staff so why should I trust them with serious matters? In the end some cases are decided by personal feelings (don't say it's not when I can also provide proof of it).

Overall you seem like a great guy buy surely you have not all information and why people have such a big issue with staff and call them out over and over again.

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

^

I've just asked few mins ago to make proper complains into proper sections...

For any further complain or conversation about reports, you can use Complain subforum or PM me on discord if needed, as every player is allowed to

JAdgaSJ.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Thanks.