Staff pokes - Is this really what the PVP community wants?

Crokstar

You are implying that staff pokes are an unfair advantage. Yet you don't mind players obtaining the very same kind of pokes - that's what is bothering me. I'm not saying everyone gets them, but there are players who were lucky enough to obtain near-perfect but unfarmable pokes, be it through sheer luck on a boss reward/legendary encounter or through winning a tournament. Those pokes are just as much of an advantage as staff pokes but yet you aren't suggesting to ban them which simply is contradictory. If you are going to ban anything you have to ban both - they are the same thing regarding PVP. Since you insist on banning one but not the other I tried to find a difference between a near-perfect unfarmable poke obtained by a player and a near-perfect staff poke and the only difference I found is in the way they are obtained, which is why I assumed that's whats bothering you. Unless you present to me another difference between those two kinds of pokes and explain why that difference is enough to ban one but not the other, I will consider your request to be unreasonable as it seems to target staff pokes because of an allegedly unfair PVP advantage while ignoring "normal" pokes that grant the very same advantage to their owner.

I've been advocating Legendary rerolls and recatches since before you started the game so you should know your stuff before you come in this thread and start putting words into my mouth. Stop making assumptions and get your facts straight.

Don't see how the time either of us joined this game matters - even if it did, I actually joined the game just 2 days earlier than you did on my first account ;) Also, I asked you to explain to me what your motivation is for banning staff pokes specifically but not player pokes of similar strength - the "words I put into your mouth" were based on what I found to be the only difference between staff pokes and near-perfect regular pokes. And I don't see why you're bringing up rerolls for legendaries now; if that's all you want why do you insist on staff pokes being banned instead of further advocating rerolls?

Because I like things to be fair and right now there's not a reroll in place for legendaries, non-farmable mons. The only argument you have is to try and tear apart our arguments. This is not going to work because you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation. I'm doing everything I can to try to get legendary rerolls/recatches added to the game.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[mention]bladermagician[/mention], both was announced by Arnie that it will eventually come so yeah

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

My criticism is that you're failing to give us a clear line that is crossed by staff pokes but not by legendaries with similar IVs obtained through catching/tournaments. Why should a staff poke be banned but not a similar version of the very same poke obtained through catching/tournaments? Your main argument is that staff pokes are unfair because of their exclusivity/IVs but that doesn't apply if you allow pokes of similar exclusiveness and strength to run free just because they aren't staff-created. It's contradictory to let one side roam free while the other is banned because they are the exact same thing regarding pvp.

I still think if the two mons are obtainable they should use them both. Stupid random luck could give a player this amd make them filthy rich. The filthy rich can buy all 30/31 mons. Yall are complaining but in reality it could be whatever. Take deidaras talon as example, ban it sure. There is another one of similar calliber legitamently obtained. Staff should be able to run two as long as they are obtainable amd that should be that

Untitled.png

I still think if the two mons are obtainable they should use them both. Stupid random luck could give a player this amd make them filthy rich. The filthy rich can buy all 30/31 mons. Yall are complaining but in reality it could be whatever. Take deidaras talon as example, ban it sure. There is another one of similar calliber legitamently obtained. Staff should be able to run two as long as they are obtainable amd that should be that

Thanks. That's what I've been trying to say the whole time.

My criticism is that you're failing to give us a clear line that is crossed by staff pokes but not by legendaries with similar IVs obtained through catching/tournaments. Why should a staff poke be banned but not a similar version of the very same poke obtained through catching/tournaments? Your main argument is that staff pokes are unfair because of their exclusivity/IVs but that doesn't apply if you allow pokes of similar exclusiveness and strength to run free just because they aren't staff-created. It's contradictory to let one side roam free while the other is banned because they are the exact same thing regarding pvp.

It is not contradictory to not want perfect legendaries obtained for the purpose of gaining an advantage over others. I other staff member have taken mons that are available through unlimited farming and I am perfectly ok with it, if you try to say that is contradictory then you are just plain wrong and we can end the discussion here since you have nothing constructive to add.

It is not contradictory to not want perfect legendaries obtained for the purpose of gaining an advantage over others. I other staff member have taken mons that are available through unlimited farming and I am perfectly ok with it, if you try to say that is contradictory then you are just plain wrong and we can end the discussion here since you have nothing constructive to add.

It is contradictory to allow perfect legendaries obtained for the purpose of gaining an advantage over others for players but not for staffs. This thread is only targeting staff pokes while there are several players that own unfarmable pokes with near-perfect IVs.

It is contradictory to allow perfect legendaries obtained for the purpose of gaining an advantage over others for players but not for staffs. This thread is only targeting staff pokes while there are several players that own unfarmable pokes with near-perfect IVs.

What you are asking us to ask for is simply absurd and trying to make it look like we are contradicting ourselves all because you can't come up with anything constructive to say.

How about this. Let's let staff use whatever non uber mon they want but give it completely random IVs and nature. They should be happy with whatever reward they get since they aren't out to take an advantage in pvp correct?

Gotta love the people that doesnt have any clue about the current PvP meta / how it is runing in top ladder each months , IF and how problematic can be the staff pokes but still they try to share their opinions as if it has a value 8D.

"Those pokes are just as much of an advantage as staff pokes but yet you aren't suggesting to ban them which simply is contradictory. If you are going to ban anything you have to ban both - they are the same thing regarding PVP"

Man, idk what's wrong with you; if your only trip is to be against bladermagician because you like it or if your logic is fked up .

Thoses things you mention are totally not the same .

The staff person can decide WHICH poke will be epic when he'll choose it.

The "lucky farmer" which is like 1 on 300 people ( yet your example talk about perfect ivs /31 speed, etc and it even mention a very rare poke including legendary , so I think i'm still way to naive to think its up to 1 on 300 players but whatever) .

But this 1 very lucky person on 300 , Cant decide WHICH poke will be the epic he'll catch, unlike the staff who can decide what poke will have what IVs, regarding the meta , the rarity of the poke on the map etc. This one person out of the 300 players, will just have it randomly , he'll never decide which pokes have to be epic, it happens and that's all. Which means, there's even a risk that maybe that one poke as perfect as it can be , will maybe never fit his team for different reason related to type/role etc anything else than the IVs who are perfect. That will NEVER happens to a staff reward since the staff member decid himself what poke he has.

Your example would've been at least better if the reward for staff was decided randomly out of a list of 30-50 pokes or more , but it aint the case they choose who ever they want in the pokedex.

That bein said , your reasoning doesnt have any sense.

Please now you should let the adults discuss together , and go play in your room, imma call you when the dinner will be rdy o/.

PCznf1X.png?1

What you are asking us to ask for is simply absurd and trying to make it look like we are contradicting ourselves all because you can't come up with anything constructive to say.

How about this. Let's let staff use whatever non uber mon they want but give it completely random IVs and nature. They should be happy with whatever reward they get since they aren't out to take an advantage in pvp correct?

I'm asking you to either ban all "unfair" pokes or none of them. I don't see a reason for making staffs unable to use their epic Latios/Azelf/Heatran/whatever while allowing normal players to use those pokes with similar IVs. Of course only a minority of regular players will obtain legendaries comparable to the ones staffs get but that doesn't matter as long as they do get them. Regarding your suggestion with random IVs: If a super lucky player obtains a near-perfect legendary they are allowed to use it, why should staffs not be allowed to keep using their near-perfect rewards? Essentially the later invest a lot of time into their work to skip the part where they have to be super lucky, but for the end result that doesn't matter. Both get a unique poke of similar strength.