Staff pokes - Is this really what the PVP community wants?

Crokstar

You guys target staff generated pokes specifically but don't seem to care about players catching near-perfect pokes or players winning them through the official tournaments held from time to time. The only difference between a near-perfect staff poke and a near-perfect poke caught by a regular player is the way they were obtained; ergo you can't complain about staff pokes because of their IVs solely without also complaining about pokes with similar IVs obtained by regular farming/tournaments - it doesn't make sense since it is literally the same thing. The only difference between staff pokes and regular pokes is the way they are obtained - you argue that it is fair for players to use near-perfect pokes because of their time spent farming. Now staffs obviously don't spend time farming for their staff pokes but they instead spent time making PRO a better game, be it through mapping, dealing with reports, ... etc. Why would the time people spend for farming be worth more than the time staffs spend for staff-work?

In conclusion I think that staffs should be allowed to use as many staff-generated pokes as they like - as long as said pokes are available for regular players aswell. I'd like to once again point out that the only difference between staff pokes and regular pokes is the way people obtain them; for both ways a certain amount of time is invested which finally leads me to believe that banning staff pokes based on their IVs while allowing regular pokes with similar IVs is not just plain unfair but simply contradictory.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@6Head

You missed in your conclusion one point because you are trying to insist that all available pokes a normal player can get can be with high IV stat. I wonder how many players have the truly epic legendary pokes or even tier 9 pokes. Normal players do have near perfect IV's but it is usually lower tier poke, not many had the luck to have near perfect tier 9 poke and i don't know a player with near perfect IV stat on a legendary poke which are usually more valuable in PvP and are easier to fit in teams or simply to build around them teams. I will once again repeat myself what is the probability of getting a truly epic poke. It is 1/887503681 to get a poke with the stats you would like. So to get a legendary poke with the truly epic stats look at the number. Don't forget that sync fails in 50%. So yes people do have epic pokes but they are usually from lower rarity tiers. In other words lets say:

HP ice heatran or other HP legendary poke/tier 9 poke you would like will be something nice but to get one well thats another thing not to mention about some crucial IV stats.

A chimpanzee randomly clicking buttons can sometimes write a poem of a great writer but what is the probability it would do it?

Obsession about mindless possession.

First of all, your math is plain wrong - you should check things like that before repeating them several times. Staff pokes don't have all 31s but instead have a few 30s/29s/28s sprinkled in; encountering a poke like that in the wild is far more likely than encountering a 6x31 poke. To further better the odds, it should also be considered that for most pokes, one stat is completely irrelevant. A Talonflame will never care about its spatk.

Additionally, your answer is only further proving my point: you don't seem to care about players obtaining pokes with similar IVs - you admitted it happens, although rarely - but argue that staff pokes are unfair because of their IVs. This shows that you do not actually care about the staff pokes' IVs but instead are bothered by how they were obtained - that is the only true difference there is between staff pokes and regular pokes with near-perfect IVs; even your point about near-perfect pokes being very rare among players isn't much of a good argument, after all staff pokes only are distributed to a very minor part of the player-base, making them just as rare. Regarding the fact that staffs often obtain legendaries with near-perfect IVs, I would like to ask why you didn't ask for tournament reward pokes or legendaries with great IVs that were caught by players to be banned? A plethora of epic legendaries are roaming around on player accounts and once the current tournament is over, there might even be more. Those legendary pokes don't differ from staff pokes in strength and thus offer just as much of an advantage - yet you do not seem to mind them at all.

First of all, your math is plain wrong - you should check things like that before repeating them several times. Staff pokes don't have all 31s but instead have a few 30s/29s/28s sprinkled in; encountering a poke like that in the wild is far more likely than encountering a 6x31 poke. To further better the odds, it should also be considered that for most pokes, one stat is completely irrelevant. A Talonflame will never care about its spatk.

Additionally, your answer is only further proving my point: you don't seem to care about players obtaining pokes with similar IVs - you admitted it happens, although rarely - but argue that staff pokes are unfair because of their IVs. This shows that you do not actually care about the staff pokes' IVs but instead are bothered by how they were obtained - that is the only true difference there is between staff pokes and regular pokes with near-perfect IVs; even your point about near-perfect pokes being very rare among players isn't much of a good argument, after all staff pokes only are distributed to a very minor part of the player-base, making them just as rare. Regarding the fact that staffs often obtain legendaries with near-perfect IVs, I would like to ask why you didn't ask for tournament reward pokes or legendaries with great IVs that were caught by players to be banned? A plethora of epic legendaries are roaming around on player accounts and once the current tournament is over, there might even be more. Those legendary pokes don't differ from staff pokes in strength and thus offer just as much of an advantage - yet you do not seem to mind them at all.

We can't hunt perfect Latios, hp fire h.a. Serperior, Heatran, Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Suicune, Entei, Raikou. You're arguments are wordy but don't bring much weight to them as all you are trying to do is put words into our mouths. We DON'T care how they are obtained BECAUSE staff and tournament winners EARNED them but what we DO care about is the fact that NONE of use can FARM them.

Tournament winner's pokemon aren't hand picked to give them an unfair advantage against other players. Staff pokemon are supposed to be a reward for doing good for the community, not something that a player uses to get an edge against the meta.

We can't hunt perfect Latios, hp fire h.a. Serperior, Heatran, Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, Suicune, Entei, Raikou. You're arguments are wordy but don't bring much weight to them as all you are trying to do is put words into our mouths. We DON'T care how they are obtained BECAUSE staff and tournament winners EARNED them but what we DO care about is the fact that NONE of use can FARM them.

Tournament winner's pokemon aren't hand picked to give them an unfair advantage against other players. Staff pokemon are supposed to be a reward for doing good for the community, not something that a player uses to get an edge against the meta.

You are implying that staff pokes are an unfair advantage. Yet you don't mind players obtaining the very same kind of pokes - that's what is bothering me. I'm not saying everyone gets them, but there are players who were lucky enough to obtain near-perfect but unfarmable pokes, be it through sheer luck on a boss reward/legendary encounter or through winning a tournament. Those pokes are just as much of an advantage as staff pokes but yet you aren't suggesting to ban them which simply is contradictory. If you are going to ban anything you have to ban both - they are the same thing regarding PVP. Since you insist on banning one but not the other I tried to find a difference between a near-perfect unfarmable poke obtained by a player and a near-perfect staff poke and the only difference I found is in the way they are obtained, which is why I assumed that's whats bothering you. Unless you present to me another difference between those two kinds of pokes and explain why that difference is enough to ban one but not the other, I will consider your request to be unreasonable as it seems to target staff pokes because of an allegedly unfair PVP advantage while ignoring "normal" pokes that grant the very same advantage to their owner.

You are implying that staff pokes are an unfair advantage. Yet you don't mind players obtaining the very same kind of pokes - that's what is bothering me. I'm not saying everyone gets them, but there are players who were lucky enough to obtain near-perfect but unfarmable pokes, be it through sheer luck on a boss reward/legendary encounter or through winning a tournament. Those pokes are just as much of an advantage as staff pokes but yet you aren't suggesting to ban them which simply is contradictory. If you are going to ban anything you have to ban both - they are the same thing regarding PVP. Since you insist on banning one but not the other I tried to find a difference between a near-perfect unfarmable poke obtained by a player and a near-perfect staff poke and the only difference I found is in the way they are obtained, which is why I assumed that's whats bothering you. Unless you present to me another difference between those two kinds of pokes and explain why that difference is enough to ban one but not the other, I will consider your request to be unreasonable as it seems to target staff pokes because of an allegedly unfair PVP advantage while ignoring "normal" pokes that grant the very same advantage to their owner.

I've been advocating Legendary rerolls and recatches since before you started the game so you should know your stuff before you come in this thread and start putting words into my mouth. Stop making assumptions and get your facts straight.

I've been advocating Legendary rerolls and recatches since before you started the game so you should know your stuff before you come in this thread and start putting words into my mouth. Stop making assumptions and get your facts straight.

Don't see how the time either of us joined this game matters - even if it did, I actually joined the game just 2 days earlier than you did on my first account ;) Also, I asked you to explain to me what your motivation is for banning staff pokes specifically but not player pokes of similar strength - the "words I put into your mouth" were based on what I found to be the only difference between staff pokes and near-perfect regular pokes. And I don't see why you're bringing up rerolls for legendaries now; if that's all you want why do you insist on staff pokes being banned instead of further advocating rerolls?