Staff pokes - Is this really what the PVP community wants?

Crokstar

Man, idk what's wrong with you; if your only trip is to be against bladermagician because you like it or if your logic is fked up .

Please now you should let the adults discuss together , and go play in your room, imma call you when the dinner will be rdy o/.

Please mind your language and don't obstruct a constructive discussion by downplaying other people's opinions.

For one I feel this may give players the wrong motivation to become staff. Instead of wanting to contribute and help the game and community, the motivation might end up wanting to become staff because for the rewards and respect: and it's a win-win situation. Everyone would want to become staff then. Isn't that sending the wrong message?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the people that doesnt have any clue about the current PvP meta / how it is runing in top ladder each months , IF and how problematic can be the staff pokes but still they try to share their opinions as if it has a value 8D.

"Those pokes are just as much of an advantage as staff pokes but yet you aren't suggesting to ban them which simply is contradictory. If you are going to ban anything you have to ban both - they are the same thing regarding PVP"

Man, idk what's wrong with you; if your only trip is to be against bladermagician because you like it or if your logic is fked up .

Thoses things you mention are totally not the same .

The staff person can decide WHICH poke will be epic when he'll choose it.

The "lucky farmer" which is like 1 on 300 people ( yet your example talk about perfect ivs /31 speed, etc and it even mention a very rare poke including legendary , so I think i'm still way to naive to think its up to 1 on 300 players but whatever) .

But this 1 very lucky person on 300 , Cant decide WHICH poke will be the epic he'll catch, unlike the staff who can decide what poke will have what IVs, regarding the meta , the rarity of the poke on the map etc. This one person out of the 300 players, will just have it randomly , he'll never decide which pokes have to be epic, it happens and that's all.

Your example would've been at least better if the reward for staff was decided randomly out of a list of 30 pokes or more , but it aint the case they choose who ever they want.

That bein said , your reasoning doesnt have any sense.

Please now you should let the adults discuss together , and go play in your room, imma call you when the dinner will be rdy o/.

First of all you shouldn't start your argumentation by saying other opinions don't have any value. Makes you look rather silly. Also, I am NOT talking about some random dude catching a 6x28+ Magikarp and saying that's equal to a near-perfect Latios. I'm talking about the players that get very lucky on their Latios and end up with 28+ IVs on it. Player-caught legendaries like that exist but nobody is annoyed by them, yet you are annoyed by staff pokes when they literally are the same thing.

PS: "Please now you should let the adults discuss together , and go play in your room, imma call you when the dinner will be rdy o/." - Don't talk about being an adult when you're both unable to accept different opinions and can't refrain from insulting others.

Gotta love the people that doesnt have any clue about the current PvP meta / how it is runing in top ladder each months , IF and how problematic can be the staff pokes but still they try to share their opinions as if it has a value 8D.

"Those pokes are just as much of an advantage as staff pokes but yet you aren't suggesting to ban them which simply is contradictory. If you are going to ban anything you have to ban both - they are the same thing regarding PVP"

The "lucky farmer" which is like 1 on 300 people ( yet your example talk about perfect ivs /31 speed, etc and it even mention a very rare poke including legendary , so I think i'm still way to naive to think its up to 1 on 300 players but whatever) .

But this 1 very lucky person on 300 , Cant decide WHICH poke will be the epic he'll catch, unlike the staff who can decide what poke will have what IVs, regarding the meta , the rarity of the poke on the map etc. This one person out of the 300 players, will just have it randomly , he'll never decide which pokes have to be epic, it happens and that's all.

Your example would've been at least better if the reward for staff was decided randomly out of a list of 30 pokes or more , but it aint the case they choose who ever they want.

First of all you shouldn't start your argumentation by saying other opinions don't have any value. Makes you look rather silly. Also, I am NOT talking about some random dude catching a 6x28+ Magikarp and saying that's equal to a near-perfect Latios. I'm talking about the players that get very lucky on their Latios and end up with 28+ IVs on it. Player-caught legendaries like that exist but nobody is annoyed by them, yet you are annoyed by staff pokes when they literally are the same thing.

PS: "Please now you should let the adults discuss together , and go play in your room, imma call you when the dinner will be rdy o/." - Don't talk about being an adult when you're both unable to accept different opinions and can't refrain from insulting others.

Different opinions? You stated no opinions. All you have done is try to attack other player's POV and have contributed nothing of value yourself. You say that no one is annoyed by epic Legends but, as I have told you over and over, we have been trying to get rerolls/re catches on legends for a very long time.

" about some random dude catching a 6x28+ Magikarp and saying that's equal to a near-perfect Latios. "

LOL me neither Read once again and read better , I also talks about a legendary pokes or extremly rare pokes.

Since you seems to have trouble in reading a whole post completely but you prefer to read it at half :

" But this 1 very lucky person on 300 , Cant decide WHICH poke will be the epic he'll catch, unlike the staff who can decide what poke will have what IVs, regarding the meta , the rarity of the poke on the map etc. "

Which means, because yet you seems not able to make logic link by yourself so i'll do it for you, in the simplest way I find.

Staff >> reward >> any pokemon HE WANT

regular member >> farm >> any pokemon RANDOMLY

Which mean, the random member in 3 years of game time if he has the chance to find a perfect pokemon, even if it might be a Jirachi , A mew, A celebi or anything, it MAY never fit his team .

The staff member choose ANYTHING he want for HIS team.

And also another thing you tend to forget in your "logic" , the staff still can catch the legendaries the regular way aswell, exactly like the random players does .

So if the admin find randomly in his game an epic Suicune for example, do you think we would tell him he cant use it ? no , because THAT would be contradictory.

You need to learn to compare what's comparable.

If you want to talk about a random player who catch a random legendary with Epic IVs an all, you cant compare it with a staff reward since staff reward arent random.

Now If you want to compare the random legendary with epic IVs that the random member can catch in their game with something, so you can compare it with the Random legendaries pokemons obtainable the regular way in Staff member game.

The problem's you tend to forget that they admins still have this one chance to find an epic legendary by the regular way aswell.

If their only way to have pokemons was by reward , If the staff werent allowed to catch pokemons in the WILD , so maybe your argument / logic could mean something revelant.

But it aint the case , compare what's comparable.

PCznf1X.png?1

Different opinions? You stated no opinions. All you have done is try to attack other player's POV and have contributed nothing of value yourself. You say that no one is annoyed by epic Legends but, as I have told you over and over, we have been trying to get rerolls/re catches on legends for a very long time.

My opinion is that staff pokes are rivaled in IV-quality by some of the legendary pokes that were caught regularly and thus can't be considered unfair. You somehow manage to keep ignoring that point and instead repeat that I'm "not contributing" - by the way it's rather amusing how you say that to me while Jeremco is literally insulting me and posting one-liners with no actual input - in a discussion topic you should expect others to attack your POV, otherwise a discussion can't really take place. Regarding rerolls and a dislike for good player-caught legendaries: this thread asks for staff poke bans, not for rerolls nor for bans on player-caught legendaries. If it were consistent and asked for bans on good legendaries in general I'd never have brought the contradiction stuff up in the first place since in that case it wouldn't differentiate between staff/regular player on essentially the same pokes anymore.

I never insulted you, stop to try to look as a victim, I explained with real argus my POV and why you are wrong and why we are right .

Its your fault if you dont know how to read fully a comment but there wasnt any insult in my statement stop to be so much a victim grow up.

If you become a cry baby when someone tell u your logic is fked up , then talks arent for you.

PCznf1X.png?1

" about some random dude catching a 6x28+ Magikarp and saying that's equal to a near-perfect Latios. "

LOL me neither Read once again and read better , I also talks about a legendary pokes or extremly rare pokes.

Since you seems to have trouble in reading a whole post completely but you prefer to read it at half :

" But this 1 very lucky person on 300 , Cant decide WHICH poke will be the epic he'll catch, unlike the staff who can decide what poke will have what IVs, regarding the meta , the rarity of the poke on the map etc. "

Which means, because yet you seems not able to make logic link by yourself so i'll do it for you, in the simplest way I find.

Which mean, the random member in 3 years of game time if he has the chance to find a perfect pokemon, even if it might be a Jirachi , A mew, A celebi or anything, it MAY never fit his team .

And also another thing you tend to forget in your "logic" , the staff still can catch the legendaries the regular way aswell, exactly like the random players does .

So if the admin find randomly in his game an epic Suicune for example, do you think we would tell him he cant use it ? no , because THAT would be contradictory.

If you want to talk about a random player who catch a random legendary with Epic IVs an all, you cant compare it with a staff reward since staff reward arent random.

Now If you want to compare the random legendary with epic IVs that the random member can catch in their game with something, so you can compare it with the Random legendaries pokemons obtainable the regular way in Staff member game.

The problem's you tend to forget that they admins still have this one chance to find an epic legendary by the regular way aswell.

If their only way to have pokemons was by reward , If the staff werent allowed to catch pokemons in the WILD , so maybe your argument / logic could mean something revelant.

The Magikarp was an example as you were talking about an "1/300 chance to find the right poke". And I already explained earlier that staffs essentially skip the luck-part needed to catch a near-perfect legendary in exchange for the time they spend on staff-work. If you consider that to be unfair, so be it. You can go on and argue that the staffs get too good of a reward for their work - that might be an absolutely valid point. But in the first post of this thread it is argued that staff pokes are unfair because they are too much of an advantage in PVP - I am disagreeing with that because regular players are running around with near-perfect legendaries aswell but that doesn't seem to bother the thread-opener. Regarding your last point: let's be serious; if a staff had to kill all of the catchable legendaries on purpose as an exchange for his staff rewards, you would still be complaining because those catchable ones are trash in most cases anyways.

I never insulted you, stop to try to look as a victim, I explained with real argus my POV and why you are wrong and why we are right .

Its your fault if you dont know how to read fully a comment but there wasnt any insult in my statement stop to be so much a victim grow up.

If you become a cry baby when someone tell u your logic is fked up , then talks arent for you .

Next to those few things I marked you also said my opinion has no value and started that whole "you're a kid" thing in your first post when you told me to "go play in my room" and "let the adults discuss" - if you don't consider phrases like those to be insults I'd like to inform you that a discussion very similar to this was already held on the official discord and ended up with staff considering them insults.

The Magikarp was an example as you were talking about an "1/300 chance to find the right poke". And I already explained earlier that staffs essentially skip the luck-part needed to catch a near-perfect legendary in exchange for the time they spend on staff-work. If you consider that to be unfair, so be it. You can go on and argue that the staffs get too good of a reward for their work - that might be an absolutely valid point. But in the first post of this thread it is argued that staff pokes are unfair because they are too much of an advantage in PVP - I am disagreeing with that because regular players are running around with near-perfect legendaries aswell but that doesn't seem to bother the thread-opener. Regarding your last point: let's be serious; if a staff had to kill all of the catchable legendaries on purpose as an exchange for his staff rewards, you would still be complaining because those catchable ones are trash in most cases anyways.

Please post examples of there legendaries that rival staff mons. I would very much like to see some of them.