can be closed

Hollowpikachu

Re: Garchomp Sand veil in pvp

<r><QUOTE author="smokincatcher" post_id="450956" time="1507210912" user_id="1279238"><s>

</s>

and yes bashfick, basing a strategy on luck is pretty unskilled for me<br/>

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Well, I think you dont play Garchomp because of its ability so your team so its not based on luck but I understant your point.</r>

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<r><QUOTE author="smokincatcher" post_id="450956" time="1507210912" user_id="1279238"><s>

</s>

a mate from my guild was banned because of white herb, which reduce only 10% obviously

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

huh? how come? white herb is not banned</r>

<t>I don't think it should be banned. Some dude owned my whole team last year with a 317 speed jolly gliscor with sand veil. I had two attacks miss it due to sandstorm, and it got two swords dances off. He won the match fair and square. Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are 47.5% chance abilities. It wouldn't be right to ban them in pvp in my opinion, as there are too many pokemon with them and you can't just change their abilities. I say leave it how it is. 20% evasion in reality is nothing compared to a rain team having double speed on multiple pokemon, or same with sun team.<br/>

<br/>

Leave it how it is, i say ♥<br/>

<br/>

I almost forgot to say that the main reason it shouldn't be banned is because there are simply way too many sand veil garchomp out there, and even if you ran one in your team without any sand pokemon, the foe might send out a tyranitar or hippowdon with sand stream. It just wouldn't be right. It would prob just cause drama. I'm fine with evasion abilities in pro pvp, just not evasion moves.</t>

<t>i think there is a misunderstanding revo, pb is only people using chomp sand veil in a sand team, so its not at all forcing everyone to rehunt just not combine it with sandteam the only stupid thing is u refusing to debate on this without clearly reading the post, i already played garchomp, hes a good poké and i dont want him to be ban, but there is a paradox with rules, and hollow hes clearly asking of ban the intention of use sand veil IN a sandteam<br/>

<br/>

i never asked for banning anything ( except gothi shadow tag which was killing more time than pokés in pvp ) but again revo keep in mind we're here to tak about it not execrate other's opinions</t>

<r><QUOTE author="xrevolutionx94" post_id="450969" time="1507213365" user_id="1016942"><s>

</s>

<QUOTE author="smokincatcher" post_id="450956" time="1507210912" user_id="1279238"><s>

</s>

Its not killing garchomp revo, just not using sand veil ones in sandteam, because its pretty same like using smokescreen or whatever reduce accuracy, sand veil reduces accuracy by 20%, thats pretty effective in pro, in that case i want to know why a mate from my guild was banned because of white herb, which reduce only 10% obviously<br/>

<br/>

and yes bashfick, basing a strategy on luck is pretty unskilled for me<br/>

<br/>

but guys, its just a suggestion, we're here to debate and see what other players think about it, we already saw people ask for ban talonflame blaziken or many else, this suggestion makes more sense to me since there is already an evasion clause and people get ban for half of sand veil effect while using white herb<br/>

<br/>

And if u bring a tyranitar/hippo when opponent using garchomp its just unfortunate ( in this moment when u miss ur moves u just regret playing sand when u miss ur moves ^^ ), the most logical situation would have been simply not to code sand veil, according the rules

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

bro really like 90% of the chomps in pvp are sand veil xD and like i said that ability doesn't affect the evasion clause and like i said b4 opp brings ttar u have just a sand veil chomp then what lul so yeah ur forcing everyone to rehunt. So imo this post is stupid bc now people just want everything banned when they lose to it

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Smogon also has an evasion clause but it doesn't encompass all the moves like they have on PRO. The reason being is because Accuracy is bugged in PRO, which gives an unfair advantage to people who use attacks like Muddy Water, Mirror Shot etc. Sand Veil should at the very least be disabled. It's accuracy drop is actually closer to 30% in this game.</r>

<r>Why are you people seriously considering this ? Pokemon is <B><s></s>luck based<e></e></B> from the get-go. Smogon made the evasion clause so that pokemon would be less rng based and that way be more competitive. This has nothing to do with evasion abilities. They were only banned in Gen4 because how weather worked back then (wouldn't end/infinite turns).<br/>

<br/>

If you don't like rng games, go play chess. Hax is gonna happen no matter what, this topic is full of salt in my honest opinion. Because Sand Veil is far from being the most rng cancerous "no skill" strategy in the metagame. If you think having 80% chance hitting a Sand Veil mon in sand is bad, then what about:<br/>

<br/>

- Hitting through paralyze = 75%<br/>

- Hitting through iron head = 70%<br/>

- Hitting yourself in confusion = 50% (not only you don't attack but you lose hp in the process)<br/>

- Hitting through serene grace air slash = 40%<br/>

- Hitting through paralyze + air slash serene grace = 30%<br/>

<br/>

Just named a few. So we should ban Togekiss ? It's the definition of no skill pokemon. And confuse ray Sableye ? It's annoying as well.<br/>

<br/>

The chances are in your favour, if you missed, move on to the next match, on average you'll win 8 out of 10 times - Don't make a topic on the forum asking for a ban.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="HollowPikachu" post_id="450987" time="1507216378" user_id="1548903"><s>

</s>

Please guys read correctly the post before giving ur opinion, <br/>

<br/>

im not asking to ban sand veil pokemon, but the combo sand veil + sandstream in sand team

<e>

</e></QUOTE>

You can't ban things like that, too complex. Flat banning Sand Veil is the only option.</r>