can be closed

Hollowpikachu

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Garchomp Sand veil in pvp

<r>So people like quoting Smogon for the rules, but in their rules it even says that Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are banned, at least in Gen 5 and only in OU and below. In Uber battles, anything goes so it is NOT banned.<br/>

<URL url="https://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/">https://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/</URL><br/>

<br/>

And I don't think PRO doesn't use tiers and everyone basically just use whatever Pokemons they want so we can't really use Smogon rules all the time. Even PRO's evasion clause is different from Smogon. In here Flash, Mud-Slap etc. are banned while Smogon rules says you can use it.<br/>

<br/>

There are ways to counter Sand Veil though. You can bring a Drizzle Politoad or a Drought Ninetails. Both of which can replace the Sandstorm. You can even bring your own Sand Veil Garchomp to take advantage of your opponent's Sandstorm. If both of you are 'breaking the rules' then no one is breaking the rules.<br/>

<br/>

And back to topic. Do I want it banned? No because both Sand Veil and Snow Cloak rely heavily on the weather which can be countered.<br/>

<br/>

P.S.<br/>

Before anyone says they don't want to change their team composition let me say this first. You have to change if you're losing 9/10 games due to Sandstorm + Sand Veil. Your team needs to fit the meta, not the other way around. Now, if you encounter Sandstorm + Sand Veil 1/10 games then it's fine if you don't want to switch team comps. But remember, you're still winning those 9 games. Pokemon is an RNG game so stop complaining when you lose once.<br/>

<br/>

P.P.S<br/>

I haven't seen Gen 6 or even 7 Smogon rules yet, if it even exists.</r>

<t>I guess this is never going to be taken care of by staff. There's already enough that we have to deal with in the metagame and we're still limited on options with missing moves+abilities, making all of our moves into a Focus Blast isn't something that is healthy for the game imo.</t>

<t>no i disagree ,if this continues, sometime everyone have the same team to vs another .<br/>

<br/>

-1<br/>

<br/>

this is insane . after all every trainers have tactic's this game is based on pvp and tactics. If you remove this i will ask to remove blisey or chansey+eviolite because is to op. to.<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

what u trying to do is the exact samething u tried at clefable.</t>

- Battle Tower Sheet:

Battle Tower and Tactics (Google Drive Sheet)

- Oak's Newspaper:

<t>In my opinion, I think it needs to be decided either to follow the rules in full, or let PRO have it's own rules. Not both. The arguing back and forth is a bit ridiculous.<br/>

<br/>

If you want to use and quote from smogon's rules, then that's fine, but the other things that don't match (i.e. moves that are banned here but not there, tier to based rules on...like OU maybe, appropriate pokemon bans like Blaziken, etc.) need to be adjusted accordingly. Cherry picking them to fit your narrative is not how it should ever work. <br/>

<br/>

Person 1: "Well on smogon it says this...."<br/>

Person 2: "It also says this..."<br/>

Person 1: "But that's different, this is a different game!"<br/>

<br/>

Like really?<br/>

<br/>

I think there should ultimately be a topic of discussion on this as a whole because there are quite a few things that are different simply because we don't have access to some stuff yet.</t>