Do not let them LIE to you!

Red

or to make it easier you can just assume everyone is a liar ~

Everyone IS a liar, whether through admission or omission of details. It's impossible to convey all the connotations/implications of what you say to another person; You either intentionally or unintentionally leave out relevant details surrounding your statements.

I think it's more relevant to try to spot opportunistic liars, or people who intentionally lie to achieve a result otherwise impossible through telling the truth. Hence, why Red listed signs that a person might be intentionally lying to another. Intentional liars (or simply "liars", as you would say) often construct thoughts/abstractions from scratch because such abstractions were not originated from their senses. Without having the opportunity to "sense" and process the necessary details, these liars are forced to build abstractions upon abstractions without being able to cite a legitimate source (their senses).

ta5AZvX.png

QbNNnWq.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14444 Hello; I've compiled a small and quick list of basic things you should know if you suspect that someone is lying to you. Down below are the variables you should learn before talking to someone who might lie to you.

1. Non contracted denial;</I><i></i>

People who are overdetermined in their denial will resort often to formal language.

They also use "distancing language" That guy, that (object) and so on. Liars will unconsciously distance themselves from the subject,

as they are trying to discredit the subject.

16. Justifying;<i></i>

-Wanting to justify themselves they might give a lot more information than you expect from them or <I>go too deep into the subject.

(before i finish my post to those reading please[glow=red]do NOT take[/glow] my post [glow=red]serious[/glow])

OMG @Naero :Exclam: :Exclam: :Exclam:

you see! i told you to stop using those big words! next time I'm reading one your NPCs and you throw a curve ball word in. i know now that the NPC is lieing to me!

But... why is this pinned? First of all, there are no citations provided for anything anyway, and that's ironic in a thread about lies when not providing reliable sources enables lies from ignorance. Add to this the fact that it has nothing to officially do with PRO or the forums and you have a pointlessly pinned thread. This is no different than any other Off-Topic thread. Sorry, it bothers me when privilege is misused like this.

• 1 month later...

I've removed trash and spam posts. There is a reason why this is in off topic and why it is pinned. If you do not have anything to post that might benefit or improve the thread do not post at all. I will be giving sanctions accordingly for both off topic and mini-modding. Thank you.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

45419 I've removed trash and spam posts. There is a reason why this is in off topic and why it is pinned.

So what is the reason? Hope I don't get a sanction for this post, but usually when someone says "there is a reason for X," they then provide that reason

"Maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity,

but what I fail to see, is what that's got to do with you and me"

-Father John Misty

45419 I've removed trash and spam posts. There is a reason why this is in off topic and why it is pinned.

So what is the reason? Hope I don't get a sanction for this post, but usually when someone says "there is a reason for X," they then provide that reason

You can find at least 10 reasons in posts above. I wont sanction you for this post but please make sure the post has something to do with this thread. Thanks

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...