Do not let them LIE to you!

Red

Hello; I've compiled a small and quick list of basic things you should know if you suspect that someone is lying to you. Down below are the variables you should learn before talking to someone who might lie to you. Figured this might be useful in everyday life so I wanted to share this with you. Personally, people shouldn't even leave the house without knowing those. I can say those should be basics for every. We live in a world full of lies and corruption and this is extremely useful. You can apply this in everyday life. Doesn't have to be anything related with killing etc.

Enjoy.

[spoil]Deception Patterns;

1. Non contracted denial;<i></i>

People who are overdetermined in their denial will resort often to formal language.

They also use "distancing language" That guy, that (object) and so on. Liars will unconsciously distance themselves from the subject,

as they are trying to discredit the subject.

*Example 1; I did not killed that guy.

*Example 2; I am not the person who went to that apartment and killed that guy.

*Example 3; I did not stole his bike > will become > I did not stole the bike.

**Solved; "I didn't do it" > "I did not do it"

2. No human can keep a secret;<i></i>

- They can be quiet and very talkative but they move their fingers as well as doing other gestures where they have zero control of.

3. Freezing;<i></i>

-The culprit may freeze upper body when lying. During that time it is advised to monitor any motion from lower part of body.

4. Duping delight; <i></i>

-Here is the culprit actually proud of his getting away with it. Example; Judge says not guilty and they smile afterwards.

-So pretty much it is a pleasure culprit gets over having someone in control and being able to manipulate.

5. Masking face expressions;<i></i>

-Culprit can make one expression to mask another one. (being aware that they failed and that they are being monitored so they try and confuse you). For instance a killer might be leaking sadness.

6. Expression of contempt; <i></i>

-When anger turns to contempt, then you have been dismissed. You can associate it with moral superiority, very hard to recover from.

Example; One lip corner pulled up and another one pulled in (asymmetrical expression). In presence of contempt, they might look around as they are having asymmetrical expression.

7. False agony;<i></i>

-Pretending to be in agony over a loss of someone who is relative with you or you are close with; You may also notice a duping delight here as well.

8. Fake smile;<i></i>

-It's not possible to fake a smile. liars often tend to do so. it's visible how they are forcing their muscles to smile. You may also notice slight twitching due to muscles being forced to do something, rather unnatural attempt.

9. Eye Contact;<i></i>

-A liar may avoid eye contact and show some signs of discomfort.

10. Voice Pitch increase;<i></i>

-A liar tend to increase their pitch when talking. Pitch is usually followed by a sigh or apologizing for increasing the pitch. They might even swallow their own saliva in the process instead of apologizing.

11. Blinking;<i></i>

-People who stating a lie will blink more often. Blinking more means more chance of a lie. The chance of a lie also goes up the longer or the more that the eyes are closed. (This can be observational, say one day we ask them a real facts and other day we ask them about something they might lie about.)

*Example of non observational; What is your name? My name is Nikola. > I am going to blink 15 times in a minute which is average for a human.

*Example of a lie = non observational; Did you killed them? > I am going to blink around 100/130 times per minute here. This suggests us that probability of a lie is more than 90%.

*Example of observational method; Subject is given a series of ordinary questions that they know answer to, not much related with the case. 14 000/ 15 000 blinks in a day as average.

*Example of observational method; Subject is given series of a question about the incident, blinking ratio will go up to 120 000 times for a day.

12. Using your words;<i></i>

-Someone who lies will often use your words for their response.

*Example; Did you killed my dog? Answer would be; No, I did not killed your dog.

13. Biting their lips;<i></i>

-A liar tend to slowly bite their left side of a lower lip. That is suggesting us that they are preparing for your next question as they make up the story.

14. Looking at you forehead;<i></i>

-A liar tend to watch you at your forehead when lying and avoiding eye contact in general. Watching someone in the eye takes a lot of processing for someone who is busy making up the story.

15. Looking you in the eyes; <i></i>

-They also tend to look you at the eyes because they are aware that you noticed them not doing so. Liars tend to know that lack of eye contact might indicate a lie so they force look you at the eyes.

16. Justifying;<i></i>

-Wanting to justify themselves they might give a lot more information than you expect from them or go too deep into the subject.

17. Shrugging;<i></i>

- People often do a "semi-shrug". Their shrug barely goes more than their hips are, everything until rib cage means possible lie.

18. Touching patterns;

-Touching their face, mouth and nose is more frequent. Touching patterns are not consistent as they are making stuff as they go. Often unable to repeat what they said a minute ago due to transparency in their story.

19. Mixing up words and gestures;<i></i>

-A Liar will often mix up their gestures and words, they wont be synchronized. Words like "AFAIK (as far as I know)" tend to be used more often.

20. Event explaining order;<i></i>

-Someone explaining things chronologically can suggest that they are lying, unlike people who are telling truth only mention certain moments. You can link this with methods above such as going to deep.

21. Pause between the statements;<i></i>

- When a liar is trying to cover up the truth they tend to take a long pause so that they can create a sequence of events and prepare to lie.[/spoil]

• Like 1

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many people can follow all of those at the same time that is why interrogations are often recorded and sent to detectives for further inspection and monitoring. Being able to master this might take some time however. If you are able to take all those variables and process them all under 2 seconds you will be good. I know that most of the detectives are not even able to process all those in a week. Hell, they can't even tell if someone is lying very often. I get stressed when people ignore very valuable details.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I have to say I'm impressed, even if you only know this stuff(without mastering it) it sure can be useful at least to think about it when you talk to someone.

I guess for making psychological profiles that skill is not important, which is why I'm wondering how you even know this in details.

Still, in this world, just like you said, many people who should know basics of this, don't even use it.

tumblr_mp2ikkxeho1qau6z9o1_500.gif

I have to say I'm impressed, even if you only know this stuff(without mastering it) it sure can be useful at least to think about it when you talk to someone.

I guess for making psychological profiles that skill is not important, which is why I'm wondering how you even know this in details.

Still, in this world, just like you said, many people who should know basics of this, don't even use it.

Thanks.

Yeah well, if you are deep into this for some time and totally focused to it, it will help you a lot in future on a long term. It can help you much that you can narrow down all the way to the people you won't be comfortable with where you will be forming a distance between you two. Combining this with skill of deduction is something that can improve everyday life a lot better. To be fair, most of the things are details based. I am proud on my autism (Apergers Syndrome). I started to have more self-respect when I realized that world of details is what is pushing things forward and that I have a gift for it. Given such condition, world of details is what autistic person does best, even to extreme levels. This is very usable for certain careers. For instance; I once looked at one old VHS tape of victims last moments. I give it a wild guess, around 60 people, highly educated detectives saw the tape. None noticed that a victim had a different watch model before the incident and after, which later resulted in a pursuit of a certain very expensive watch and general twist of things, maybe around 100 sold in whole country.

That suggested me that culprit was planning to steal the watch for a while without actually killing the person. Probably a white guy in mid 20s, they are paying a rent for where they live, not employed and tends to drink a juice with 100% fruit content till noon and coca-cola after. They have troubles hearing, probably damaged ear drum, most likely worked in a disco as a DJ or security guard. That suggests us that there might be a ring of people where they got pushed to do something, most likely will end up with money split. Merely a person that is jumping on a thief wagon. But that is more profiling of a person, we can talk about that next time. However, in the process they killed a guy and left so many valuable clues behind them. This tells you that even highly educated professionals are not able to master those skills despite many year of training and practice. But that being said, this will indeed help you to manage things around you. You get lied to many times at the same day which is bad. Fun fact, closer you are to some people, more they will lie to you. More funny is that tend to lie over irrelevant things that has no actual purpose. That suggests you that they want to be somewhere where they are yet to be and trying to put themselves on your level and feel wanted.

Also;

- There are many types of monsters in this world. Monsters who do not show themselves and cause nuisance. Monsters who abduct children. Monsters who eat dreams. Monsters who suck blood and monsters who always tell lies.

- Lying monsters are a real nuisance. They are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart.

- They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study diligently, even though they have no interest in academics. They seek friendship, even though they've never loved a friend.

- If such monster should arrive, I would likely be eaten by it.

A rather interesting post there, Red. I usually don't mind when people lie to me, however, it would be nice to know when I'm being lied to and such to prevent a worse scenario.

Thanks for the information!

NTHqYIC.png

Paawan

i just directly wanted to talk to wiki owner as i was being blamed over spaming this wiki.

I m with PRO for more than 8 months or more. and i would never do any harm to decrease PRO's reputation. As i have being saying manytimes be4 to PRO's staff it wasn't me who spammed this wiki. Neither i m interested in adding anything to this wiki. But according to the staff the ip used to spam this wiki was same as mine. But there are several methods to change IP and make them similar to someother persons IP. so blaming me over this with just this much proff can't be considered Valid. In such Cases giving Mac ip is more valid.

Anyways whoever spammed on this wiki wasn't me. I just want to clear this out. To be honest it not really bothers me if i get blamed over this or not. But if other people tries to tease me over something i not done and make my gameplay less friendly it really does bother anyone who is blamed. -.-" .

That's all i have to say.

Thank you for giving me Chance to talk to you.

Converted from PRO wiki into forum post by @Red

Anyone willing to use my methods from above to decide either Paawan is lying or not? I am really interested to see this discussion.

• 2 weeks later...