"Team Preview" for a better PvP system.

Naoizdabest

Nice idea and nice presentation. Your idea is really good but I disagree. With team previews, there will be no surprise. Switches and moves will be easy to predict. PVP will become very easy. So I disagree sorry (-1). Nice presentation, good luck.

It's not an idea. It's actually a mechanic that has been implemented since generation 5. I don't understand how the game can copy the handhelds so hard then ignore such an important mechanic. Regardless of what people think it should be in the game. Just like they banned Clefable + Softboiled and Poison Heal Gliscor + Defog.

Yes I do have to agree that it's a nice mechanic and it's very useful too. Since it's in many games, a popular game like PRO should have this mechanic too. Thank you for your reply. I changed my mind it's +1 from me too. But this will make PVP a lot more easier . Good luck have fun :Angel:

"A real sin is something that you can never atone for. Even if you had eternity"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of on the fence about this, PRO is very unique, having a gen 6 metagame with a gen 4 mechanic of not having team preview. It's one of the only places where you will find something like this and personally I love having no team preview, yeah its definitely more stressful but it can also be much more balanced. With team preview there can be some games where the match is literally decided before it even starts. For example, lets say my team gets annihilated by Garchomp. My opponent could capitalize on that and keep their Garchomp hidden until it has the ability to start setting up, but at the same time he might not know that my team loses to Garchomp, and decides to send it in and get up his Stealth Rocks and maybe even lets me weaken it. Now at this point, I know that I need to be careful what I have on the field so the Garchomp can't come in for free. As the match goes on, it basically becomes a gen 6 battle with "team preview" because more and more team members get revealed. In a battle with team preview, my opponent could recognize this before even making a single move and shift their playstyle to be more careful and observing so they can pick the right moment to send it in and end the game. The entire game could be 5 of their Pokemon supporting their Garchomp sweep, where as only 1 of my Pokemon would be able to deal with it unboosted, meaning it would have to be sent in at the same time. Essentially the opponent would have X amount of turns to send in Garchomp and end the game while I only have 1 turn to predict that switch-in, or else I lose. (Of course you could just make sure your team has checks for common Pokemon like that, but it was just an example, and no team can check everything.) Obviously all of this could just be voided by writing your opponents team down for the next time you fight them, but I feel it would still remove a layer of strategy from PRO.

I'm kind of on the fence about this, PRO is very unique, having a gen 6 metagame with a gen 4 mechanic of not having team preview. It's one of the only places where you will find something like this and personally I love having no team preview, yeah its definitely more stressful but it can also be much more balanced. With team preview there can be some games where the match is literally decided before it even starts. For example, lets say my team gets annihilated by Garchomp. My opponent could capitalize on that and keep their Garchomp hidden until it has the ability to start setting up, but at the same time he might not know that my team loses to Garchomp, and decides to send it in and get up his Stealth Rocks and maybe even lets me weaken it. Now at this point, I know that I need to be careful what I have on the field so the Garchomp can't come in for free. As the match goes on, it basically becomes a gen 6 battle with "team preview" because more and more team members get revealed. In a battle with team preview, my opponent could recognize this before even making a single move and shift their playstyle to be more careful and observing so they can pick the right moment to send it in and end the game. The entire game could be 5 of their Pokemon supporting their Garchomp sweep, where as only 1 of my Pokemon would be able to deal with it unboosted, meaning it would have to be sent in at the same time. Essentially the opponent would have X amount of turns to send in Garchomp and end the game while I only have 1 turn to predict that switch-in, or else I lose. (Of course you could just make sure your team has checks for common Pokemon like that, but it was just an example, and no team can check everything.) Obviously all of this could just be voided by writing your opponents team down for the next time you fight them, but I feel it would still remove a layer of strategy from PRO.

A competitive Pokemon game without team preview is anything but balanced I'm afraid. When your team is weak against your opponents team you have the opportunity to form a game plan of how to win if you know what you're up against. If your team is weak to your opponents team without team preview, THEN the match is literally decided. You don't know what Pokemon you need to keep, you don't know what you need to do to eliminate the Pokemon that pose the most threatening to your team, and more. And as the game goes on, no, the match doesn't become generation 6 because often times your opponent will send in the most threatening Pokemon to your team while your best check / counter died like three turns ago. It's either Generation 4 or Generation 6. I could see if we didn't adopt a mechanic from the handheld games and it proved beneficial to PRO but in this case it's anything but beneficial. It just turns PvP into a big guessing game which is anything but competitive. Perhaps if people want to PvP without team preview, they can go outside of the PC or join unranked but in order for our game to truly become competitive, team preview is a must.

I don't know how many times I said this,but I agree with this suggestion...

As Trey stated,in order to make the game competitive,team preview is a must,and if it would be added to PRO,the game would be way more competitive as it is now.

+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png

Thats a no from me. If I wanted team viewer I would just play showdown or a handheld

I agree.

-1, PRO metagame is unique because there is no team viewer. I don't want a copypasta of Showdown/Cartridge metagame.

Stream ON :

+1 from me

Basicaly pvp players are big part of end game players on pro (those who stay to play the game after story part is done) and most of them want team preview.

From my experience with other poke mmos when theese players start to leave game has a problem.

So to keep these players happy and playing pro implement the team preview.

It wil be good for whole of the game