Sample Teams! From An1bae, Tr3y and Rebo.

Xrevolutionx94

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The basic idea seems interesting but I don't like this post for the following reasons :

• A PVP Meta, on principle, is supposed to change. Some teams are build, are very strong, and your opponent will know your team, then they will create a team to counter you. And you have to change your team to adapt yours to the counter team. It's a meta, it changes, slowly, sometimes very slowly, but it changes. By creating typical team to use, this post tend to fix the meta, the meta will change anyway but more slowly because newbies will use the team on this post. It slows down the ability of the meta to change. And in fact, when a new player will use one of your team, the "good" players on Ladder has already adapted their team to your team; so, even if this post is supposed to help them, it's a double-edged help.
  • In a battle, know your opponent build changes a lot the battle. The most dangerous PKM on pvp are the PKM with differents builds, because it changes your decision how to deal with this PKM, and a bad switch, a bad move can cost you some important HP or PKM for the rest of the battle. Typical build can help your opponent to counter you easier, if they know your exact build because you used one of the team here, they can adapt their play style and counter you. I will take one example :
    •Dragonite(Adament) Evs- 252Attk+252SPD | Ability- Multiscale | Item- Choice Band | Moveset) Earthquake, Outrage, Extremespeed and Ironhead.
    The fact they know in advance you don't have Dragon dance will change their decision, a Dragonite after DD can be a big issue, with Choice band, they will adapt their play style before taking any damages. They will have the information one turn before they are supposed to have it, and this turn can change the rest of the battle :/

But, building a team is very hard, i admit i am very bad to do it, and some typical teams can help a new player to start PVP. And then, after fews battles without being destroy by anyone, maybe the new player will like PVP and start to build his own team adapted to the meta.

So, i think you should emphasize the limits of using a typical team in your first post, so, the new players will not be surprised on PVP when their opponent will anticipate them easily.

Some correction to do :

(Adament)

It seems you don't like the nature Adamant :')

• Amoongus (Bold) Evs- 252DEF+252HP | Ability- Regenerator | Item- NONE | Moveset) Sleep Powder, Sludgebomb, Gigadrain and Leechseed.
Amoonguss has Spore, better than Sleep Powder. And i admit, i don't see why no Item, maybe to take a Knock off with less damages?

There are fews more spelling mistakes but nothing important. For the rest, i can't really help on builds, like i said, i am not very good to build a team :/

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

The basic idea seems interesting but I don't like this post for the following reasons :

• A PVP Meta, on principle, is supposed to change. Some teams are build, are very strong, and your opponent will know your team, then they will create a team to counter you. And you have to change your team to adapt yours to the counter team. It's a meta, it changes, slowly, sometimes very slowly, but it changes. By creating typical team to use, this post tend to fix the meta, the meta will change anyway but more slowly because newbies will use the team on this post. It slows down the ability of the meta to change. And in fact, when a new player will use one of your team, the "good" players on Ladder has already adapted their team to your team; so, even if this post is supposed to help them, it's a double-edged help.
  • In a battle, know your opponent build changes a lot the battle. The most dangerous PKM on pvp are the PKM with differents builds, because it changes your decision how to deal with this PKM, and a bad switch, a bad move can cost you some important HP or PKM for the rest of the battle. Typical build can help your opponent to counter you easier, if they know your exact build because you used one of the team here, they can adapt their play style and counter you. I will take one example :
    •Dragonite(Adament) Evs- 252Attk+252SPD | Ability- Multiscale | Item- Choice Band | Moveset) Earthquake, Outrage, Extremespeed and Ironhead.
    The fact they know in advance you don't have Dragon dance will change their decision, a Dragonite after DD can be a big issue, with Choice band, they will adapt their play style before taking any damages. They will have the information one turn before they are supposed to have it, and this turn can change the rest of the battle :/

But, building a team is very hard, i admit i am very bad to do it, and some typical teams can help a new player to start PVP. And then, after fews battles without being destroy by anyone, maybe the new player will like PVP and start to build his own team adapted to the meta.

So, i think you should emphasize the limits of using a typical team in your first post, so, the new players will not be surprised on PVP when their opponent will anticipate them easily.

Some correction to do :

(Adament)

It seems you don't like the nature Adamant :')

• Amoongus (Bold) Evs- 252DEF+252HP | Ability- Regenerator | Item- NONE | Moveset) Sleep Powder, Sludgebomb, Gigadrain and Leechseed.
Amoonguss has Spore, better than Sleep Powder. And i admit, i don't see why no Item, maybe to take a Knock off with less damages?

There are fews more spelling mistakes but nothing important. For the rest, i can't really help on builds, like i said, i am not very good to build a team :/

yeah when i had time i was going to recheck spelling. But this was made for people who r having trouble in pvp and dont know how to properly teambuild. Amoongus with no item hard coutner crawdaunts after sd and azumarill after bd. Like i said its just sample teams for everybody to get the hang on it! Also thanks on catching me on powder xD it was spore idk why i chandged it

4K82h71.png

Gengar- timid ( life orb ) (shadow ball,sludgebomb,taunt,focus blast)

Bisharp-adament (focus sash) (sd , knock off, iron head,sucker punch

Clefable-bold(left over) (moonblast,flamethorower, calm mind,softboiled)

Ferrothorn-relaxed (rocky helmet)(stealthrock,spikes,leech seed, gyroball)

Starmie(scald,rapidspin,icebeam,thunderbolt/pshock)

Dragonite-adament (dd,outrage,extreme speed,fire punch/thunder punch)

I think it is balanced offensive team

I m not too good in team making

Hope you like it

Thank you ❤

And nice work , not many people think about others