Ban Rhyperior From Ranked Play

Tr3y

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[glow=red]Well... I'll leave my opinion =]

Firstly, I believe Rhyperior should not be banned. Why? I'm gonna explain with my opinion.

1. Rhyperior's only strengths are his HP and his physical status [HP, ATK (Physical) & DEF (Physical);

2. The PRO metagame, at least in ranked PvP, is OverUsed 6GEN [OU6GEN], and in this meta Rhyperior is RU (Rarely Used tier);

3. Your SPDEF and SPEED are very low (SPDEF: 55 / SPE: 40)

4. Rhyperior has many weaknesses of type, two of them being 4x super effective.

a) 2x Fighting

b) 2x Ground

c) 2x Steel

d) 2x Ice

e) 4x Grass

f) 4x Water

5. Rhyperior, as well as Steelix and Donphan can handle a lot of physical damage ... But it has no sustain of life without leftovers.

6. Rhyperior has a lot of physical damage, but it is so slow that most Pokémon attack first (Even Tangrowth has a speed above Rhyperior and 1 Giga is HK against Rhyperior).

7. Rhyperior has many counters: Chesnaught, Suicune, Poliwrath, Tangrowth, Slowbro, Venusaur, Azumarill, Breloom, Blastoise, Milotic, Serperior, Starmie, Jellicent, Ludicollo, Kingdra, Greninja, Omastar, Kabutops, etc.

8. Rhyperior does nothing against Rain Team users.

9. Just like in smogon's, Rhyperior is rarely used in PRO.

10. There are worse things to be banned, rather than Rhyperior.

Extra: I understand your opinion, everyone has a Pokémon that they hate.

Blaziken is a Pokémon of the UBER category and is not banned. This Pokémon is for competing against a Reshiram, Kyogre, Mewtwo, among others that fit into the UBER category, then Rhyperior would be far from banned.

Thank you ^-^

[/glow]

[glow=red]Well... I'll leave my opinion =]

Firstly, I believe Rhyperior should not be banned. Why? I'm gonna explain with my opinion.

1. Rhyperior's only strengths are his HP and his physical status [HP, ATK (Physical) & DEF (Physical);

2. The PRO metagame, at least in ranked PvP, is OverUsed 6GEN [OU6GEN], and in this meta Rhyperior is RU (Rarely Used tier);

3. Your SPDEF and SPEED are very low (SPDEF: 55 / SPE: 40)

4. Rhyperior has many weaknesses of type, two of them being 4x super effective.

a) 2x Fighting

b) 2x Ground

c) 2x Steel

d) 2x Ice

e) 4x Grass

f) 4x Water

5. Rhyperior, as well as Steelix and Donphan can handle a lot of physical damage ... But it has no sustain of life without leftovers.

6. Rhyperior has a lot of physical damage, but it is so slow that most Pokémon attack first (Even Tangrowth has a speed above Rhyperior and 1 Giga is HK against Rhyperior).

7. Rhyperior has many counters: Chesnaught, Suicune, Poliwrath, Tangrowth, Slowbro, Venusaur, Azumarill, Breloom, Blastoise, Milotic, Serperior, Starmie, Jellicent, Ludicollo, Kingdra, Greninja, Omastar, Kabutops, etc.

8. Rhyperior does nothing against Rain Team users.

9. Just like in smogon's, Rhyperior is rarely used in PRO.

10. There are worse things to be banned, rather than Rhyperior.

Extra: I understand your opinion, everyone has a Pokémon that they hate.

Blaziken is a Pokémon of the UBER category and is not banned. This Pokémon is for competing against a Reshiram, Kyogre, Mewtwo, among others that fit into the UBER category, then Rhyperior would be far from banned.

Thank you ^-^

[/glow]

First and foremost, I appreciate your opinion and effort to bring resolution to the issue I brought up. That being said, I will dive into the details:

1. "Only" isn't the correct term I'd use for this because 50% of its base stats are WELL above 100. 60% actually if you take into account how useless its special attacking stat is.

2. Comparisons between Smogon tiers and PRO aren't valid due to how different the two games are. There is much less available to PRO players compared to Smogon so the argument doesn't make sense. Omastar for example is NU on Smogon and it is one of the most effective rain abusers in the game.

3. The special defense is remedied by pairing Rhyperior with Pokemon that can come in against super effective hits. Getting these Pokemon in against Rhyperior is a challenge in itself due to it having no switch ins. And if you somehow manage to get them in, you can easily switch Rhyperior out putting you in a backseat position.

4. Refer to what I said in the article and my response to #3. Rhyperior comfortably survives every hit if it's not x4 super effective then OHKOs with ease. Then you can easily Wish pass to Rhyperior to repeat the process.

5. Wish Pass from Vaporeon or Alomomola or click leech seed on Talonflame then easily go to Rhyperior.

6. Every Rhyperior build runs speed evs to outrun these threats. Having seen your knowledge of Smogon tiers I feel like you should know this.

7. I've covered this in the article. It seems most didn't read the whole thing. None of these Pokemon can safely come into Rhyperiors attacks given the ridiculous coverage moves he's been given.

8. Rain teams usually carry Ferrothorns, Goodra, or any other wall / tank to come in against opposing water type attacks. Once Rhyperior gets in on these you are guaranteed a kill. But after doing this Rhyperior has a tough time so I'll give you this one. But relying on a specific type of team to beat Rhyperior isn't an effective way of beating it.

9.You said the same thing in #2. Please refer to my response to that.

10. This doesn't solve the problem of Rhyperior. Different threads can be opened for those Pokemon but I'd like to focus on Rhyperior.

Nah surf and other spatk water attacks are just sweeping it. Even a Serperior with leave storm can easy take it out. When this is getting banned i want blissey to be banned as well same amount of stupid mimimimi.

Switch out...

Nah surf and other spatk water attacks are just sweeping it. Even a Serperior with leave storm can easy take it out. When this is getting banned i want blissey to be banned as well same amount of stupid mimimimi.

Switch out...

Like i said thats more mimimi then brain right there.

giphy.gif