reformulating what chats are about

Crogkiller

Hello, I would like to suggest reforming what certain chats are used for

As we know, each chat is supposed to be used for certain things and this helps organizations. Ex: Trade chat is for all sales.

However, certain aspects of chats don't make much sense and players don't use them at all for their "intended" purpose.

For example, rating pokemon. In technicality, trade chat is supposed to be used for price checking and rating of pokemon. However, most people do it in help or all chat. This goes beyond its intended purpose. Players though, don't mind help chat being used for rating pokemon. People actively help other players in help chat when it comes to Ev spread, natures, rating, price checks, and important Ivs. This is not a bad thing, as players don't mind. I have never seen a single community member tell someone to go to battle chat for Ev spreads or tell a player to go to trade chat for price checks. Simply, the players of the community have adapted the chat for another purpose where they would prefer to put information and questions. I cannot speak for players, but my gut tells me that they would prefer not to have price checks done in trade chat, as to only keep trade chat for the sales of items and pokemon.

Changing the purposes of certain chats would also eliminate the problem of people switching chats. Most of the time, people arent in battle chat discuss Ivs, Evs, etc etc. A lot of those people are in the help chat and all chat. People also may get rid of battle chat to make way for guild chat or private conversations. Most people keep help,trade, and all. Having this change would eliminate the chat limit problem.

The only time I have ever seen someone tell players that help chat is solely for story question is when a moderator comes on. This is counter productive because it wastes staff time, as players prefer having help chat for the purposes they use it for. It also disrupts players who were comfortable with the way things were. Help chat is still used for story questions, I answer them all the time. But, there is nothing wrong with having its purpose expanded beyond what it was originally intended. Because of this observation, i suggest the following

1) Help chat be used for most questions. This includes Ev spread questions, ivs, rates, the works.

2) eliminate trade being used for price check

3) eliminate battle chat being used for Ev spreads, etc.

I admit, this is a small QoL change, but because it is such, its very easy to implement.

Pros:

1) players are more comfortable as this is already how it is ( on yellow atleast).

2) staff don't need to moderate chat excessively over these small things, which free up staff.

3) people don't have to be in multiple chats to get all their questions answered, which frees up their choice of which chats they want to have active.

Thanks for listening!

I don't know what server you're on, but Blue currently rates are done basically exclusively in all/help chat. They have literally never been done in trade chat. Battle chat is deserted and is not used. EV and pvp questions usually happen in All, since the people in help chat tend to be newer and dont know PRO pvp.

Changing chat rules has been proposed a couple times, unfortunately people will always put questions and rates in whatever channel they feel like, just like people will misplace their posts on the forum.

Hey there bro!

Trade chat is not to be used for Rating Pokemons or Price checking, Does questions are best for Help chat

ive seen staff on who say price checks are for trade/all. rating i believe is battle/all.

Thats strange

i myself on multiple occasions see staff Saying Trade is for trade chat only, Price checkings belongs in Help chat

(Red Server)

I don't know what server you're on, but Blue currently rates are done basically exclusively in all/help chat. They have literally never been done in trade chat. Battle chat is deserted and is not used. EV and pvp questions usually happen in All, since the people in help chat tend to be newer and dont know PRO pvp.

Changing chat rules has been proposed a couple times, unfortunately people will always put questions and rates in whatever channel they feel like, just like people will misplace their posts on the forum.

So if battle chat is dead why designate it for rates when it can be done in help chat, which you know, is for help? All chat on yellow tends to be pretty dead at times. help has more people than all at times.

As staff, I feel I can potentially clear some things up. Although your suggestion is very valid, it simply is already implemented. Moderators attempt to keep this clear, but it is difficult sometimes to keep an eye out 24/7. I will explain the main purpose for the chats.

Trade:

This chat is specifically designed for buying and selling items and pokemon. No rates or price checks. No off related talk.

Battle:

This chat is designed for battle related questions and battle requests. Pokemon rates can be here.

All:

A chat for general conversation. Rates and price checks are welcome here.

Help:

This is a place for general game questions and specific support.

Other:

This is for anything that does not fall within these parameters. This is also where languages aside from english may be used.

I hope this post clears up much confusion. It serves as a reminder that there is a very well put together system. Players must just honor this and utilize it in order to keep things clear and concise.

oie_aMrqg9hXyZaS.gif

| How To Report | PRO Rules | Appeal Center |

Please do not send unsolicited messages to staff. Those who ignore this warning will serve an eternity in the...

SHADOW REALM

The reason all chat is a completely dead chat is because you're allowed to do price checks and rates in there. I answer questions a lot in help chat and know a lot of people who frequently answer questions (Blue server). All of us hate price checks and rates, it completely kills the chat and if you allowed those 2 things in help chat it would die like all chat died.

The primary set of people who ask for price checks are people who shouldn't be trading because they don't know anything about the economy of this game. The primary set of people who ask for rates all have objectively bad Pokemon and don't know why. Rates, in a nutshell, are new players asking if their calm nature 10 iv Pidgey is good.

Don't change the rules for help chat please, thanks.

- DrNerf